Does anyone believe ?

HOPLITE

13 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ve got absolutely no idea. Can’t see their being a massive queue of people wanting it either. 

I’d probably give it to Preud’homme but the board & fans might not accept him post Pedro. 

If Preud’homme still wants it, I think we have to give him serious consideration because if we don’t I worry the only people we are going to attract are people who’s reputations are sitting at rock bottom or inexperienced up and comers who lack the ability and experience but simply can’t turn the opportunity down because it’s likely to be the biggest club they will ever manage.

29 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They need to be taking over now, first qualifier isn’t far away, he needs to get who is staying sorted and new players in. 

Absolutely right, but this would only be possible if we had a Board that had been preparing the ground for weeks or months.  I seriously doubt that they have been doing that though. 

Just now, Trooblue said:

Absolutely right, but this would only be possible if we had a Board that had been preparing the ground for weeks or months.  I seriously doubt that they have been doing that though. 

I don’t either mate, honestly think they had all their apples in the Murty basket. 

There's no doubt in my mind the board were hoping/praying that Murty would do well enough to justify keeping him on.

I expect a shortlist is only now being put together. When the groundwork for a new manager should have been in preparation for months.

I would be targeting Clarke or MPH for the job. Both are ideal for our current situation.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You think? Don’t think you’ve ever mentioned that before :mutley:

He is who would fill me with most confidence at stopping the tarriers on a limited budget.   Why the board never made their move weeks ago long before the semi and let the players  play for their futures at Rangers fir the remainder of the season under him I'll never know.

Its frightening to think they went for McInnes before him.  

49 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm actually of the opinion he's a better fit as a manager right now than RDB.

Now I get who he is and what he is but in honesty for me it's gone beyond everything other than getting stability and credibility, a winning team, and stopping 10. It pains me to say that but I just want the best manager regardless. I'm not saying that's AN or that I want him, I'm just less bothered now by any factor or baggage other than the above.

There's not one option which suits even a low majority of fans as far as  I can see. I didn't chuck it when AM, MW PC or GM were ruining us and won't whoever the ultimately unpopular choice the Board makes comes in.

Fuck it. If we're doing taigs, I'm going for the lemmon. The best of them all. A better track record than Brenda. What's not to like?!

:mutley:

probably get shot down to fuck but if ppl are mentioning  yellow teeth surely wee chesney should  get a mention, hes a good experienced manager who knows the Scottish game.

tarriers basically got rid coz hes a prod. they would hate it which would make me happy. hes won trophies before and would command respect. better option than the taigs mentioned  above.

Some of the posts on here.....fuck me what have you been having with your cornflakes?

Remember Alex McLeish was odds on for us before then he came out and said its so far off the mark.

I rarely go with bookies odds unless there are sources that have come out prior to the odds dropping, for Neil I haven't seen any (please don't be any).

56 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Steve Clarke is 4/1 2nd fav,  he is the right man for the job

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

No he's not. 

I disagree I think he's ideal candidate for the job. We're talking about a manager with a weaker sqaud who has taken more points this year than the scum.

Whoever comes into our job is going to have to work on a budget. Nothing we have seen from this board indicates they are going to pump serious money into the transfer budget in the summer.

Clarke has a worked with big clubs in England and will know the type of players we need. He got mulumbu to come to scotland who has bossed both us and the scum in games.

30 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

probably get shot down to fuck but if ppl are mentioning  yellow teeth surely wee chesney should  get a mention, hes a good experienced manager who knows the Scottish game.

tarriers basically got rid coz hes a prod. they would hate it which would make me happy. hes won trophies before and would command respect. better option than the taigs mentioned  above.

If we're doing taig, we aint doing second best taig.

The lemmon has also promised to dress smarter and do the dentist. You can't ask for any more commitment that.