Alastair Johnston statement proves Rangers board are out of touch and simply don't care

The Dude

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I made the comparison to someone last year on Twitter and was told it was nothing like it, bizarrerly. It's almost a mirror image of where they were. Their resolution was initiated by pressure but on the flipside, I wouldn't argue they deserved to go through that as a result of prior inaction.

Sorry but can't agree with that especially if we've witnessed an era where our greatest rivals suffered years of being take advantage of. Its like knowing the script to a bad movie but refusing to change the ending. Tolerance is surely at an end within our support as it was with them in the 90's. If not and we continue to talk instead of act then we will fully deserve many more years of the same. 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

People can see it however they want to, I'm telling you what was intended by it as the person who wrote it. If I was predicting Rangers were going to win it I would have said I really think Rangers will win it rather than can. Can is used because I felt we were genuinely capable of winning the title with some luck going our way. And expand on that more in the rest of the article. Although, I'm sure we had this same conversation 9 months ago or whenever it was published

Well as a bit of constructive feedback perhaps listen to what your readers say. I'm saying it comes across as a prediction not expectation, deliberate or otherwise, and prediction is a word used by a DR colleague in the very same article.

If if was not your intention to portray it as a prediction then there is an ambiguity in your prose that you should be aware of.

I'm pretty sure we did. I'm pretty sure we will again. Especially if you predict, sorry expect, we really can again next season.

Now I'd suggest this is enough digression from your article which I actually liked.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I made the comparison to someone last year on Twitter and was told it was nothing like it, bizarrerly. It's almost a mirror image of where they were. Their resolution was initiated by pressure but on the flipside, I wouldn't argue they deserved to go through that as a result of prior inaction.

It is and change came about as BOS threatened to shut them down and the debt was much smaller. I can't see any catalyst like this here as the debt is all personal loans apart from close.

They also have the usual idiots still as cheerleaders and fundraisers. Club1872 seems to have moved from an organisation seeking to buy shares to one where it is actively looking to directly plug a shortfall in the clubs accounts something that the board should have addressed 12-18 months ago when it was apparent there was a shortfall.

Tbh I wouldn't say they don't care..... However I heard something on the heart and hand pod last night that sums my feelings up

They are finally getting the back offices in order but that's been at the expense of customer service and sales. That's the part of the business that punters really care about.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Tbh I wouldn't say they don't care..... However I heard something on the heart and hand pod last night that sums my feelings up

They are finally getting the back offices in order but that's been at the expense of customer service and sales. That's the part of the business that punters really care about.

Someone else raised the 'didn't care' thing - my opinion is more that they don't care what we think rather than don't care (I don't write the headline).

H&H have it pretty nailed on. They are getting the back offices in order - slowly - but there are still huge areas where they haven't got anywhere near as far forward as they should.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Someone else raised the 'didn't care' thing - my opinion is more that they don't care what we think rather than don't care (I don't write the headline).

H&H have it pretty nailed on. They are getting the back offices in order - slowly - but there are still huge areas where they haven't got anywhere near as far forward as they should.

Aye they seem petrified of the past that they can't move onto the future of Rangers. Most are now saying that was the past now what is the future. Something must give soon imo.

Wiggle room running out fast but they have just enough room to give us a good manager and summer of transfers. Do that most will take a few steps back and allow them away from the cliff edge there on atm.

our board are all old men as well. Where is the youth/dynamism/fresh ideas coming from? I think this is one of the reason for a statement such as this from AJ and DK - they are out of touch partly because the generation they are part of typically wants no part of social media, doesnt understand it and is willfully oblivious to its effect on younger generations.

We just have old guys in grey suits being old guys in grey suits, thinking they are the smartest guys in the room.

Just now, cushynumber said:

our board are all old men as well. Where is the youth/dynamism/fresh ideas coming from? I think this is one of the reason for a statement such as this from AJ and DK - they are out of touch partly because the generation they are part of typically wants no part of social media, doesnt understand it and is willfully oblivious to its effect on younger generations.

We just have old guys in grey suits being old guys in grey suits, thinking they are the smartest guys in the room.

Only younger one I can think of is wee fat boy Park Jnr and he's only there because of his Dad and was the one that pushed for Pedro thinking it would make him a name - albiet the others happily ratified the decision.

Wee runt.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Good piece Dude, but why reference season ticket renewals like we need something to renew on? As I keep saying - bar one maybe two seasons  - our average ST sales have remained the same for 35 years....

Feels like it's used in a disparaging context in respect of the fans...  just my tuppence worth 

54 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Good piece Dude, but why reference season ticket renewals like we need something to renew on? As I keep saying - bar one maybe two seasons  - our average ST sales have remained the same for 35 years....

Feels like it's used in a disparaging context in respect of the fans...  just my tuppence worth 

No it’s aimed as a dig at the timing of AJ coming out and telling us we are ‘ahead of the curve’ in our progress. Murray used to do the same thing at renewal time. Say nothing all year then when it came time to ask the fans for a chunk of money he would come out and tell us any old bollocks in a bid to convince us everything was great.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No it’s aimed as a dig at the timing of AJ coming out and telling use we are ‘ahead of the curve’ in our progress. Murray used to do the same thing at renewal time. Say nothing all year then when it came time to ask the fans for a chunk of money he would come out and tell us any old bollocks in a bid to convince us everything was great.

I would guess every club in world football makes a statement at renewal time, thanking fans, discussing the previous season, advertising the new season, progress etc.... it's bound to be fairly common. My point is linking the two in a negative way -  "aye you're only saying that cos it's renewal time"  - then we all renew anyway

it's a small point but it does niggle me a bit...

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I would guess every club in world football makes a statement at renewal time, thanking fans, discussing the previous season, advertising the new season, progress etc.... it's bound to be fairly common. My point is linking the two in a negative way -  "aye you're only saying that cos it's renewal time"  - then we all renew anyway

it's a small point but it does niggle me a bit...

My point is that they will try and pull the wool over the fans’ eyes and do whatever they think they need to do to get us to part with our cash. They don’t want to hear what you think or do what you think is right for the club, they just want your cash ploughed in. If that means standing there and telling us we are ‘ahead of the curve’ as we prepare to enter our eighth season without a major trophy then that’s what they’ll do. 

Key point for me is the disconnect between boardroom and supporter. There is not a single supporter I know who considers us to be “ahead of the curve”. That statement is so ludicrous that I am embarrassed for him as I read it. Again I have to question how people who are hugely successful in the commercial world turn into jibbering idiots when they enter the Rangers boardroom.

And AJ, for the record, if you start turning ahead of the curve you’re over a cliff or in the gutter - so maybe you’re right after all.