Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

12 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

Their Scottish reporters did with information from the Rangers side, but their latest stories are trying to let on they know what Gerrard himself is thinking pure bs. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Sun if he is appointed manager, he personally will have no interactions with them.

I'm no ITK but one rumour doing the rounds in Liverpool is that Xabi Alonso is being spoken to about taking over the U18's job.

Indeed Xabi has long held an ambition to return to Anfield 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Another one :duh:

Imagine you knew you had to study under a rookie teacher, and he was using unusual teaching methods, if those methods were not working, what would you think? He's a shite teacher. You would not look at his credentials, or qualifications.

Does this mean the teacher knows fuck all about the given subject? No

I would say that the more experienced players will know a lot about tactics etc, those are the players that are difficult to win over. But this is the thing, these are the players that are the most influential in the dressing room.

If they see strange or naive tactics it will not take them long to lose their trust in Gerrard - even if it was a good idea that just needs to be adhered to for a while to bear fruit.

Unbelievable

And there won’t be a single player in the Rangers team that has the amount of experience as Gerrard. He won a FIFA world player of the year award and was captain for club and country. The managers( apart from one) that he played under are of the highest standard.

As with most professions a manager gets experience from doing the actual job prior to getting his new position.

Gerrard isn’t exactly like McCoist.

Gerrard according to those that have worked with him insist he’s the most hardworking pro they’ve come across who demands the best from himself and his teammates. McCoist as a manager just saw it all as a big joke.

Now that doesn’t mean he’ll be a success or an instant one at that.

It is a hell of a gamble but if investment is dependent on him joining then it may be worth it. If there is no investment or it’s unrelated then it’s just too big a gamble going for him however if the board are set on it and we do appoint him then I hope he’s going to work his ass off and has a good support team.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

And there won’t be a single player in the Rangers team that has the amount of experience as Gerrard. He won a FIFA world player of the year award and was captain for club and country. The managers( apart from one) that he played under are of the highest standard.

As with most professions a manager gets experience from doing the actual job prior to getting his new position.

:lol::lol::lol:

I give up, we are an absolute shambles of a support.

6 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Gerrard isn’t exactly like McCoist.

Gerrard according to those that have worked with him insist he’s the most hardworking pro they’ve come across who demands the best from himself and his teammates. McCoist as a manager just saw it all as a big joke.

Now that doesn’t mean he’ll be a success or an instant one at that.

It is a hell of a gamble but if investment is dependent on him joining then it may be worth it. If there is no investment or it’s unrelated then it’s just too big a gamble going for him however if the board are set on it and we do appoint him then I hope he’s going to work his ass off and has a good support team.

Pedro was a gamble

Murty was a gamble

These cunts love a gamble 

Just now, B1872 said:

Honestly man cunts are off their tits if they think Gerrard is going to get us anywhere near they wean touching cunts.

What are you saying man, he's won fifa world player of the year?

I'm just sitting here laughing at nothing now, feel like I'm high, don't care any more.

Fuck it, bring Gerrard, bring in that weird actor with the bulging cross eyes to frighten the players into working harder, bring in any old shite because it's not going to matter.

15 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Another one :duh:

Imagine you knew you had to study under a rookie teacher, and he was using unusual teaching methods, if those methods were not working, what would you think? He's a shite teacher. You would not look at his credentials, or qualifications.

Does this mean the teacher knows fuck all about the given subject? No

I would say that the more experienced players will know a lot about tactics etc, those are the players that are difficult to win over. But this is the thing, these are the players that are the most influential in the dressing room.

If they see strange or naive tactics it will not take them long to lose their trust in Gerrard - even if it was a good idea that just needs to be adhered to for a while to bear fruit.

Unbelievable

Another one.

How do you know he'll be using unusual tactics? How do you know the players won't get it?  

You like the rest of us don't know anything about what he's going to do or not do.

Unbelievable

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I give up, we are an absolute shambles of a support.

Must be great to be a much better supporter than everybody else.  

Got it all worked out?

New better players are needed. That is  the most important thing. Then it's up to Gerrard to mold them into an efficient fighting team which can challenge and not get fucked every old firm game. Gerrard could attract better players, just need the right investment. 

Just now, markem said:

Must be great to be a much better supporter than everybody else.  

Got it all worked out?

I would say I'm not a better supporter than anyone else

I would say that I use my head more than my heart than most - that's the difference.

Don't care now though.

So there you go, practically admitted I am not a good supporter because I don't care any more.

Happy?

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Pedro was a gamble

Murty was a gamble

These cunts love a gamble 

That I can’t argue.

McInnes would have been a train wreck also.

De Boer and MPH would have been a gamble but at least they have had success managing large European sides and surely money for Gerrard would have given them a transfer kitty to work with.

2 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Another one.

How do you know he'll be using unusual tactics? How do you know the players won't get it?  

You like the rest of us don't know anything about what he's going to do or not do.

Unbelievable

Because I am going by past experience and remembering historical events.

It is what happens once you gain experience, it allows you to have a better insight into what is happening presently and what can happen in the future.

Maybe you'll see what I'm getting at.

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That I can’t argue.

McInnes would have been a train wreck also.

De Boer and MPH would have been a gamble but at least they have had success managing large European sides and surely money for Gerrard would have given them a transfer kitty to work with.

I was dead against FDB as well but between him and Gerrard there's no contest. One of them has actually managed a first team.

2 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I would say that I use my head more than my heart than most - that's the difference.

Don't care now though.

So there you go, practically admitted I am not a good supporter because I don't care any more.

Happy?

If we hadn’t been fucked over due to the likes of Warburton and Pedro I suspect in using your head the appointment of Gerrard wouldn’t be so bad. 

Im sure you will be happy to be proved wrong if/when it does work out.

7 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Don't care now though.

Happy?

Far form it mate tbh. On the edge - and I guess you are too. 

Thing is because you are using what you consider to be your head after heart doesn’t mean you are right - you might be but your guess in this isn’t better than anyone else’s.  

Edit: saying guess isn’t what I’m trying to say, however think your being dismissive  when what’s the alternative? - I for one don’t know and maybe, just maybe

Cunt of a day. 

Archived