Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Just now, jintybear said:

Do you know if this is a goer? 

He’s clearly the preferred candidate. But it was only 4 months ago we had a preferred candidate pick his team for an upcoming game then change his mind on the whole thing whilst driving back to Aberdeen. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eskbankloyal said:

He’s clearly the preferred candidate. But it was only 4 months ago we had a preferred candidate pick his team for an upcoming game then change his mind on the whole thing whilst driving back to Aberdeen. 

I'm going to be honest I'll be gutted and I honestly don't think it'll help ST sales. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

It’s a fucking bold move I’ll give them that. 

Has to be their last chance though. If this goes badly they can’t get another chance. 

Problem is there’s no one else banging down the door to take over. It has to work because if it doesn’t we’ll just keep paying for the boards mistakes and fall further behind the scum.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Less freaked out by this than caixinha. 

However it's a fucking roll of the dice 

There will be no in between with this one. Either it's a fucking car crash or he's a rip roaring success. No chance this ends in a damp squib, it'll be extremely positive or negative. Fuck knows what to think now. Bonkers 

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

There will be no in between with this one. Either it's a fucking car crash or he's a rip roaring success. No chance this ends in a damp squib, it'll be extremely positive or negative. Fuck knows what to think now. Bonkers 

I feel the same tbh :lol:

If it goes wrong the board will be absolutely fucked - at least they're willing to put their baws on the line I suppose.

5 minutes ago, KWBear said:

I’m kind of warming to the idea but my initial reaction to it was sheer panic & dread. 

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

What would motivate Gerrard to come to Gers? Trying to look at it from his angle.  He will be well clued up on the recent history, pressure and expectation and he won’t have money to burn.

He gets to manage a prominent senior team years before he should. 

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

What I will say is that he's spent his whole career and thrived at a club that expects to win every week - something the current manager and the two previous to him have had no experience of.

He is the type of guy i would love to have as manager, the only downside is his lack of experience

5 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

What the actual fuck is the club playing at 

seriously if gerrard is our new manager then can just give them the title next year, and probably the next few after that 

fucking disgusting shambles of a club we are 

Really?

So who's this fucking tried and proven magician you have in mind who's going to stop them? Clarke?!

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Really mixed up about this, excited if Gerrard is going to be player manager with Gary performing the Walter role. On the other hand, Barnes n Dalglish... 

As long as they don't trail our first team round smoky rancid old men's clubs in pathetic attempts at PR 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Really mixed up about this, excited if Gerrard is going to be player manager with Gary performing the Walter role. On the other hand, Barnes n Dalglish... 

It sounds just like Barnes and Dalglish, doesn't it?  We'll be labelling Gerrard and McAllister 'the dream team' next. 

6 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

What would motivate Gerrard to come to Gers? Trying to look at it from his angle.  He will be well clued up on the recent history, pressure and expectation and he won’t have money to burn.

Being employed by the biggest team in the country for once..

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m kind of warming to the idea but my initial reaction to it was sheer panic & dread. 

So what's changed your mind? 

A few whiskies and knowing I'll probably have a heart attack if I get worked up any more about the way this board can't appoint a manager made me calm down. But I'm still scunnered by the whole idea.

Archived