Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, jim beam said:

As I said in another thread this is a fucking huge gamble by the board,they must know that if it goes tits up then they’re time will be up.I don’t understand why they are even contemplating taking this risk.

I honestly think it's an indication of how much they've been backed into a corner due to the various fuck ups that have been made regarding the day to day running of the club , and also with regards to the funding difficulties they are having .

This move certainly has the look of a last throw of the dice from a Board who are struggling to fulfill their promises .

4 minutes ago, ZZed said:

If Gerrard is going to be manager (please NO) then this is our John Barnes moment.

Well Murty could have been our Barnes moment also it's a complete farce. King and this board are fucken clueless 

34 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can’t wait to see our team filled with U18 and U23 players from England who are considered future superstars and wonder kids but who ultimately aren’t anywhere near ready for first team football, let alone first team football with the added demands we place on our players, next season.

We all dream of a team of Jordan Rossiters.....

44 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They won't confirm or deny? They know fuck all. Site is full of wee attention seekers guessing stuff and passing rumours from social media off as facts. Didn't they say Murty was getting sacked after the OF game ffs?

Think I will have a wee stab at it.

My reliable source (voice inside my head) informs me Gerrard talks are at an advanced stage. Can't tell you if he will sign as even our daft readers will click if I guess wrong twice in a fortnight.  McGregor deal defo won't go through (as he is a traitor) and can exclusively reveal that Arfield will sign as I read it in 6 newspapers over the last few days. He knows all the words to Simply the Best so will be appointed captain.

Have much more info but can't be specific yet as haven't made it up yet. Look at me!!!!!! I can use Google. Please love me. xxx

Somebody needs a hug. 

Just now, Fred H Crawford said:

I honestly think it's an indication of how much they've been backed into a corner due to the various fuck ups that have been made regarding the day to day running of the club , and also with regards to the funding difficulties they are having .

This move certainly has the look of a last throw of the dice from a Board who are struggling to fulfill their promises .

Thing is if they made a sensible appointment and we finished second comfortably while at the very very least competing very hard in every OF game, then that would still be a significant improvement on where we are now.

If they appoint SG they've gone shit or bust when they don't have to.

I want to stop 10 IAR but consecutively rolling the dice when appointing the manager will get us no where. 

3 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

That surprises me too.  I'm guessing he may not accept the terms.  I think that will be about transfer budget rather than salary.  

Gone as a best price now.  

2/7

28 minutes ago, jim beam said:

As I said in another thread this is a fucking huge gamble by the board,they must know that if it goes tits up then they’re time will be up.I don’t understand why they are even contemplating taking this risk.

Desperate men do desperate things....

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Appointed tomorrow in the stands for Sunday’s game. 

If it does happen would like to think the players would get a boost going Into the game and might give us more than a half hearted performance 

Archived