Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Stevie G has stopped Brendan Rogers winning the title once, surely he can do it again? 

Stevie G has stopped Brendan Rogers winning the title once, surely he can do it again? 

34 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

Iv kinda gona full circle since this morning. I'm for this now, it's a gamble but if it works out which it has every possibility of doing then we're laughing. Aye there's cons but what manager that we can afford just now doesn't involve some risk?

:lol:

All for it because there fuck all else to cling on to 

Steven Gerrard....a fucking nobody in managemet terms under a skint, lying cancerous board....oh aye it cud be the start of a revolution though eh

This place is fucking off the scale man 

What are they thinking!

You have a number of interesting available managers out there...MPH, GVB. FDB. Potter who have all had success and know how to win yet we are going for a guy who has never managed in his life and is living off his playing reputation. 

I hope it work outs but if this goes tits up we are never stopping the filth getting 10.

13 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Yes , I think that you're right that a close challenge and perhaps a cup would be an improvement , but I'm not sure that the majority of the support would agree and more to the point I'm sure the Board suspect that as well and are aware that they are rapidly running out of goodwill from the support .

Another factor may be that any future share issues ( after the ones that pay back the loans ) will surely flop if we're looking at them going for 10+  and slipping even further in the tarriers shadow with the revenue gap becoming almost impossible to overcome . The current Board cannot continue to throw in money with no realistic sign of a return no matter how far down the line , perhaps going shit or bust with SG is their only real option at this time . 

Any new boss is going to be under huge pressure to deliver , and no one comes with a guarantee of trophies . The one crumb of comfort that I take from the approach for Gerrard is that I don't believe that he will take up the offer without the certainty of being given the tools to do the job as he sees fit . Unless Dave is telling porkies again :whistle:

If that is their logic it's akin to a fella at the bookies lumping the last of his wage on a horse with long odds in the hope that he can win it all back so he doesn't have to tell the missus that the mortgage isn't get paid that month.

Archived