Ross McCrorie

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's been a lot of McCrorie bashing past few weeks due to his performances at center half and I understand it because he's dreadful there.

People are forgetting that he was excellent in central midfield and Murty was oblivious to it and wasting the kid at the back.

I even seen people try to deny the effect he had in midfield which was ridiculous.

But aye, midfield is his comfort zone that's where he operates best. People should remember that before we drive one of the actual few kids we've had in recent decades with actual talent right out the door. He deserves to be played where he's comfortable and where he's best.

Spot on.

The amount of people saying he's missed at CB when he was injured was mental.

Bates, and Wilson to an extent (my motm), were praised to fuck at the OF at the end of December, but a lot was down to having McCrorie infront of them.

The difference with him playing infront of the back four was clear to see watching the Hibs first and the taigs first at Ibrox.

Said it before, when we play him at DM he looks like he's been playing there for years..........big future for him at Rangers in midfield. Maybe he will be a good centre half when he's older and more experienced but DM is by far his best position right now.

Looking forward to see how he does under Gerrard.

44 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Spot on.

The amount of people saying he's missed at CB when he was injured was mental.

Bates, and Wilson to an extent (my motm), were praised to fuck at the OF at the end of December, but a lot was down to having McCrorie infront of them.

The difference with him playing infront of the back four was clear to see watching the Hibs first and the taigs first at Ibrox.

McCorie was the main reason we got a result that day in my eyes as he battled in midfield and put a marker down on Scott Brown.

Stop Scott Brown and you stop celtic which I struggle to say because he's shite but he's their engine.... watch celtic in Europe against half decent center mids who get on him and tackle him, Brown resorts to wasteful balls and bookings and celtic get pumped .. its not rocket science.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

There's been a lot of McCrorie bashing past few weeks due to his performances at center half and I understand it because he's dreadful there.

People are forgetting that he was excellent in central midfield and Murty was oblivious to it and wasting the kid at the back.

I even seen people try to deny the effect he had in midfield which was ridiculous.

But aye, midfield is his comfort zone that's where he operates best. People should remember that before we drive one of the actual few kids we've had in recent decades with actual talent right out the door. He deserves to be played where he's comfortable and where he's best.

I am going to disgust myself here but Murty didn't have much of an option but to play McCrorie at centre back with Wilson gone and Bates injured along with Alves. 

50 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

McCorie was the main reason we got a result that day in my eyes as he battled in midfield and put a marker down on Scott Brown.

Stop Scott Brown and you stop celtic which I struggle to say because he's shite but he's their engine.... watch celtic in Europe against half decent center mids who get on him and tackle him, Brown resorts to wasteful balls and bookings and celtic get pumped .. its not rocket science.

Second half of that game was the best we've played against the in a ridiculous amount of games.

Wilson and Bates were playing at the halfway line, cutting everything out before it amounted to anything, allowing McCrorie to play that way against Brown.

It's annoyed me that we've let Bates and Wilson go for a fraction of the price we've payed/ might end up paying for 'experience'. 

27 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I am going to disgust myself here but Murty didn't have much of an option but to play McCrorie at centre back with Wilson gone and Bates injured along with Alves. 

No you have a bit of a point we were short in numbers but I’d have played someone from youths there and still put McCrorie in midfield instead of a Docherty or Halliday - I’d have made room for him 

2 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Needs to be used as a holding midfielder, brilliant there already. Think he'd develop into a decent CB but he's clearly better in the middle.

I think he is a decent centre back, looked fine against Dundee and Hearts so against lesser teams he’s good for cover. His bright future is in midfield though. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Totally agree, 2 games against Aberdeen was best performances I've seen from a Rangers midfielder in years.

Was criminal that when he returned from injury he didn't go straight back into that role.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No you have a bit of a point we were short in numbers but I’d have played someone from youths there and still put McCrorie in midfield instead of a Docherty or Halliday - I’d have made room for him 

Considering centre back is supposedly McCrorie's best position I don't think Murty can be blamed for that ultimately it cost him his job and likely any future managerial role but I would have given him the game considering young Aidan Wilson is on loan I think and we are short on real quality at the back anyway. 

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Considering centre back is supposedly McCrorie's best position I don't think Murty can be blamed for that ultimately it cost him his job and likely any future managerial role but I would have given him the game considering young Aidan Wilson is on loan I think and we are short on real quality at the back anyway. 

Supposedly best position according to who? Anyone that’s watched him at the back and at central midfield knows his best position fine well

i agree there’s no real talent at the back though - I mean our best defenders were David Bates and Danny Wilson which should tell its own story 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Supposedly best position according to who? Anyone that’s watched him at the back and at central midfield knows his best position fine well

i agree there’s no real talent at the back though - I mean our best defenders were David Bates and Danny Wilson which should tell its own story 

Isn't centre back where he came through for what it's worth he is awful there and should be a defensive midfielder but the lack of options we have made McCrorie the best option available. 

If we kept Wilson and Bates was fit I firmly believe that we would have beaten the filth in the 3-2 game and went on to win the league .

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Isn't centre back where he came through for what it's worth he is awful there and should be a defensive midfielder but the lack of options we have made McCrorie the best option available. 

If we kept Wilson and Bates was fit I firmly believe that we would have beaten the filth in the 3-2 game and went on to win the league .

Aye he played Center half and full back coming through the ranks and on loan at Dumbarton and Ayr but he found his spot in midfield - moving him into defence when back from injury hindered us big time 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Aye he played Center half and full back coming through the ranks and on loan at Dumbarton and Ayr but he found his spot in midfield - moving him into defence when back from injury hindered us big time 

Yeah it did but as far as I remember Aidan Wilson was at Dumbarton as well so we were  even shorter at the back.

Also Murty must have thought McCrorie would turn in a better display at centre back than he did. Though young Ross isn't the only one to blame there Russel Martin should get his share of the blame too.

3 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Needs to be used as a holding midfielder, brilliant there already. Think he'd develop into a decent CB but he's clearly better in the middle.

He played far up the park today....he was undoubtedly the difference between winning or losing that game 2day?

Typical example here of what McCrorie offers in midfield:

McCrorie-Challenge-New.gif.2ffb9a68bcdd9a75ec2c8a5dc5b4363e.gif

He spots the danger, he's quick enough and strong enough to get to the man as soon as he gets the ball and then muscles him off the ball and breaks away.

I suspect if we can work on McCrorie's passing (accurancy and range) he will be a special player for us.