Gerrards first team selection.

pcbear

37 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

His mind is already made up. Not that it would be fucking hard. The list is already drawn up.

Hard to move on many as they are not an attractive prospect to a new club, plus the wages involved. You wouldn't take most in a lucky bag.

New faces a plenty but many hangers on stealing a wage.

Aye I like how you make out you're ITK without saying as much but  I'm sure we can all guess that

I'd also like to know how he knows who's in/out when he probably hasn't seen us play ever except for a few vids since he signed on

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

How many of todays starting 11 do you reckon will start in his first competitive game?

3 at a push i reckon.

I think we will all be a bit miffed in June, when we find out that absolutely hardly any of them have moved on - unless we start finding buyers(which I highly doubt they are queing up for the like of Windass, Taverner and Foderingham) then I think the team today will still be involved with a few new bargain basement mid 30s past Liverpool players.

49 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Aye I like how you make out you're ITK without saying as much but  I'm sure we can all guess that

I'd also like to know how he knows who's in/out when he probably hasn't seen us play ever except for a few vids since he signed on

So how many games would you like Stevie to personally witness befor he does suicide and all the while we get humped straight out of Eirope?

Like he can't tell from a video who is both shite and spineless? Really difficult to spot a shitebag and someone who couldn't pass water?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

So how many games would you like Stevie to personally witness befor he does suicide and all the while we get humped straight out of Eirope?

Like he can't tell from a video who is both shite and spineless? Really difficult to spot a shitebag and someone who couldn't pass water?

Well you're saying Gerrard has all his ins and outs worked out without ever seeing the team play. I doubt it.  Depends who he wants to keep but as you're ITK and won't let on how you know I guess we all have to keep guessing.

So how do you know, or are you just making it up?

17 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Well you're saying Gerrard has all his ins and outs worked out without ever seeing the team play. I doubt it.  Depends who he wants to keep but as you're ITK and won't let on how you know I guess we all have to keep guessing.

So how do you know, or are you just making it up?

Course I'm making it up. Like I could even say if I was?

I did know Stevie was coming 100%.

48 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Rossiter plays one game, came off injured and he's first pick for some. That's laughable.

He should be one of the first out the door

People going overboard after one performance is quite normal for RM, wanting him out the door when he may be over his injuries is nonsensical.   He needs now to hopefully stay fit and show the new manager what he has in his locker. 

3 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Tav, Candeias. Maybe Rossiter or Murphy. (Edited to save my blushes) :lol: 

I don’t think any of us have an idea, given the scale and quality of incoming players can only be guessed at.

An easier question might be who definitely won’t play a part next season.

Tavernier and candeias can’t play in the same team, they’re too simular. Hopefully Gerrard notices that.

35 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

People going overboard after one performance is quite normal for RM, wanting him out the door when he may be over his injuries is nonsensical.   He needs now to hopefully stay fit and show the new manager what he has in his locker. 

He went off injured lol. If we got any sort of bid for him in the summer I'd move him on. Has contributed zero in 2 years.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

True, but Rossiter shows what we badly need in midfield and in other positions, pace, alertness, passing etc.

It’s hard to say because the Europa League qualifier comes so early that the players already here will probably have a fitness advantage and advantage of having already been used to playing here.

i think a better question might be who starts his first league game.

I think Tav, Rossiter, Candeias, Murphy from today, as well as McCrorie and Morelos from Tuesday (plus maybe a surprise like Holt) could all start the first Europa League game. But it will be maybe only 3 of them starting the first league game once our business is complete and the players are more settled in.

23 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

FFS out for a year and off with cramp, hardly unexpected

Allans tackle was an absolute shocker but imo it would have done Rossiter the world of good to get up from that with no damage, that is one mental barrier overcome.