Ibrox Parking Restrictions

bear86

44 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

It is getting done my Uncle is working on the flats down Ibrox and told me it's definitely getting done at some point no timescale.

Would/will make a huge difference

The more people that complain the better. You can't have any gripe if you haven't complained then it goes ahead and causes you problems.

I don't have a problem with the idea of encouraging public transport use ahead of cars, but to do it in such a sudden and  draconian way seems excessive to me. And the bottom line is, if there's going to be 35k extra fans on public transport, extra provision needs to be made.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

For comparison, this was released by celtic last week:

celtic Football Club plan to meet with Glasgow City Council in relation to the issue of car parking around celtic Park on matchdays.

Recent Council proposals, if approved, would prohibit parking potentially within a mile of the stadium on match days. celtic once again plan to make the Council aware of our serious concerns in relation to these proposed changes.

The Club has been inundated with inquiries from our supporters in relation to these proposals and we can assure our fans that we will be doing all we can to ensure the Club’s voice is heard.

We believe this new range of parking restrictions would seriously disadvantage our supporters and we do not regard these proposals as appropriate or workable in the context of delivering major events at celtic Park. 

As one of Europe’s major sporting institutions, which provides a huge economic benefit to the local economy of Glasgow and the East End of the City, we consider it essential that our supporters’ concerns are addressed.

celtic Park is one of Europe’s largest football stadia and plays host to major events, attended by huge numbers of people and profiling the city worldwide - it is essential too, therefore, that the needs of our supporters, the people who participate in creating these events, are also considered. 

This issue also brings the inadequacy of local public transport links sharply into focus. For some time, celtic Football Club has campaigned for adequate, integrated, public transport links to celtic Park on match days and this is also a matter which requires attention.

celtic will be delighted to work with Glasgow City Council on these matters and will always aim to ensure that positive solutions can be reached.  

The formal consultation period has now been launched and through this process, the Club and our supporters have the opportunity to contribute. 

If you wish to object to these proposals you must submit your views to: saferparking-celticpark@glasgow.gov.uk

Or you can do so by writing to A Waddell, Head of Land and Environmental Services, Exchange House, 231 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RX

Objections must be received by Friday 1 June 2018. This is something we would encourage our supporters to do.

We await feedback from the City Council and will inform our supporters of any news on this issue as soon as possible.

Full details of the proposals are available at www.glasgow.gov.uk

Sellic could make a cooking recipe into a propaganda piece. :lol:

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Yeah it just came through the SLO's Twitter account who has 13k followers. Nothing on the club website or the Rangers twitter which has 400k+ followers. 

The club should be leading from the front on it and openly challenging this plus presenting evidence as to why it's a shocking idea to the politicians behind it. 

How do you know they aren’t ?  

Emailed my objection last night based on the fact I have poly arthritis which affects several of my joints including my knee and ankle. I mentioned fact that they have a duty to care for their council redsidents such as me as I have lived in Glasgow all my life. This will have an effect on my value of life as it will make it more difficult for me to attend games as I will be in agony if I have to walk further. I go to games very early just now in order to get a parking space near the stadium. But under these new restrictions it will mean I have to either get a supporters bus which won’t drop of near the stadium or rely on public transport which only really is the subway. And just now the ques are terrible never mind if there’s and extra 30000 using it after a match. The que alone will kill me as I can’t stand in same spot for very long or it becomes very sore. Then when your in subway you never get a seat and I wouldn’t dare say to anyone to get of theirs and give me it. It won’t stop me going to games but it will affect me long term and mean I’m in agony for days after games. So please spare people like me for a minute and email your objections against it. Even if it isn’t affecting you. As we are all part of the Rangers family and we have a duty of care for one and other. In your objects don’t mention the whole treating Rangers fans shite compared to celtic fans etc that won’t get us any where. 

No surrender

also this isnt my exact email lol 

These proposals will affect every fan either directly or indirectly who attends Ibrox.  

I either walk, drive, subway or taxi over.  

GCCs line that we should use public transport more  is concerning. 

Anyone who has been on the subway heading to Ibrox will know of the problems faced.  

Massive queues waiting to buy tickets from insufficiently staffed desks, ticket machines that you can’t buy oap or kids tickets from, poor pricing structure of tickets (compared to Europe) and worst of all the complete disregard for H&S re everyone cramming into the carriages like something out the dark ages.  

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Can only assume they aren't giving they've said nothing on it. They didn't offer Club 1872 any support when they objected to the initial proposals last year

The club and 1872 are same body in my opinion so maybe one statement is enough. 

44 minutes ago, Inigo said:

The more people that complain the better. You can't have any gripe if you haven't complained then it goes ahead and causes you problems.

I don't have a problem with the idea of encouraging public transport use ahead of cars, but to do it in such a sudden and  draconian way seems excessive to me. And the bottom line is, if there's going to be 35k extra fans on public transport, extra provision needs to be made.

Just sent email off there. No way public transport can cater for increased demand.

Plus the cars will just park to the edge of zone  in areas that are less well equipped to handle the extra traffic. 

Watch this space, the parking ban will come into force at Ibrox and all of a sudden GCC will find a reason not to bring it in at the scumdome. 

Job done let’s move on. 

I have to say going by the usual ludicrous thinking from GCC this nugget is above and beyond even for them. 

The council clearly don't like football supporters. Ibrox brings a lot of money into the local economy (pubs, newsagents, hotels,  etc.) And encourages day visits and in European matches foreign tourism. Do GCC want to see businesses suffer and Glaswegians lose their jobs?

The train network is increasing in price well above inflation in consecutive years and Scotrail repeatedly fail to run trains on time whilst leeching millions from the public purse every year. A contract awarded by and inadequately enforced by the snp government.

GCC could make a huge profit by utilising their unused land in the area as car park but choose to penalise car drivers with fines instead.

People with disabilities and mobility problems are particularly disadvantaged contrary to the intent of the Disability Discrimination Act.

Try and get a train on a wheelchair to Glasgow  Central station which only has two staff to help wheelchair users off trains, then get on a bus only capable of taking one wheelchair at a time to Ibrox see how you get on. 

There is no increase in bus, train or underground frequency planned. No carrot offered to reduce congestion just the proverbial stick of parking fines.

If "People make Glasgow" then GCC could at least attempt to treat visitors like people rather than cattle and alienating them from Glasgow by obstructing access. 

If this goes ahead and anyone here stays in the area il buy your £10 10 year visitors pass off you for a generous offer

Hopfully common sense prevails though and these plans are kicked into touch 

20 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

It is getting done my Uncle is working on the flats down Ibrox and told me it's definitely getting done at some point no timescale.

Your uncle better let Network Rail, ScotRail and Glasgow city council know then as none of them have agreed to it.