Welcome to Rangers Ovie Ejaria

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Thought being linked with this guy was just “lazy journalism” 

anyway a bit meh about him... heard underwhelming reports but it’s only a year loan so there’s little risk involved provided we have good targets lined up to go along with this 

seriously unhappy with the names getting linked so far but I keep telling myself it’s early days and that’s our 4th in so could be worse 

I keep telling myself the same and that the big names will come in at the end of the EPL transfer window. All we can do is wait but but it is a pain waiting. 

Just now, onefootwillie said:

I keep telling myself the same and that the big names will come in at the end of the EPL transfer window. All we can do is wait but but it is a pain waiting. 

I’m still flabbergasted at Symons comments “he came in and sort of done okay” 

In a world where managers etc always try to talk up players and be professional that line shocked me 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a world where managers etc always try to talk up players and be professional that line shocked me 

Yeh that was not much of an endorsement. Then you have to look at Liverpool giving him a new contract and our Manager wanting him . To me it seems an unusual transfer but we will only know after he has played a few times but I would not put much money on him being a big player for us. Happy to be wrong though.

Just now, onefootwillie said:

Yeh that was not much of an endorsement. Then you have to look at Liverpool giving him a new contract and our Manager wanting him . To me it seems an unusual transfer but we will only know after he has played a few times but I would not put much money on him being a big player for us. Happy to be wrong though.

In fairness I think he becomes a good addition in amongst a flurry of top signings as/when/if they happen 

You become more accepting of a player like that in amongst a glut of better signings as the overall picture looks ok ... like when we signed Boli, Laudrup and Alan McLaren who I rated then I think there was Bollan and Cleland who signed too who I wasn’t fussed on (although Cleland went on to do well) overall you take a step back and look at it on paper on and go Laudrup, Boli, McLaren, Cleland and Bollan and you become more accepting of the 2 you didn’t want to sign as it’s part of a bigger picture 

if that makes sense - it’s difficult to explain 

I’m hoping that’s what happens and he’s a low risk loan signing in amongst a flurry of top additions 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Who is Symons?

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

Symons is Colemans best mate and was his assistant there.

Thanks he was assistant - dunno why I thought he was manager at start of season before Coleman just knew he was there 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Thanks he was assistant - dunno why I thought he was manager at start of season before Coleman just knew he was there 

Anyway if our man done sort of ok that was a whole heap better than the management team.

Just now, pcbear said:

Anyway if our man done sort of ok that was a whole heap better than the management team.

Sort of done ok = pish in a world where managers never talk bad of players in public 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In fairness I think he becomes a good addition in amongst a flurry of top signings as/when/if they happen 

You become more accepting of a player like that in amongst a glut of better signings as the overall picture looks ok ... like when we signed Boli, Laudrup and Alan McLaren who I rated then I think there was Bollan and Cleland who signed too who I wasn’t fussed on (although Cleland went on to do well) overall you take a step back and look at it on paper on and go Laudrup, Boli, McLaren, Cleland and Bollan and you become more accepting of the 2 you didn’t want to sign as it’s part of a bigger picture 

I’m hoping that’s what happens and he’s a low risk loan signing in amongst a flurry of top additions 

Agree ,said the same myself in my post ,I hope he’s signed as back up and goes onto to express himself in a good team along side better players not signed as the saviour 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Pretty much my thoughts, if he’s one of our ‘main’ signings then it’s a bit worrying. If he’s signed as an addition to the squad, who’s got something to prove and might suprise us all, along with a number of signings of real quality then it could be a decent low cost low risk option.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Sort of done ok = pish in a world where managers never talk bad of players in public 

The rest of the article was fairly positive. Symons thought he improved over the time he was there and he was the player the opposition managers spoke about after games. He did say the experience at Sunderlabd will have prepared him and he doesn't think he'd have been ready direct from the under 23s. Symons has always been pretty honest about things (right back to his days playing for Palace). I think it was a very honest assessment highlighting strengths and areas to improve certainly not as negative as you suggest but not making him out to be a world beater.

1 minute ago, RFC Eagle said:

The rest of the article was fairly positive. Symons thought he improved over the time he was there and he was the player the opposition managers spoke about after games. He did say the experience at Sunderlabd will have prepared him and he doesn't think he'd have been ready direct from the under 23s. Symons has always been pretty honest about things (right back to his days playing for Palace). I think it was a very honest assessment highlighting strengths and areas to improve certainly not as negative as you suggest but not making him out to be a world beater.

Positive in the sense of Rangers are a big club, with demands and he should do well etc 

I’m specifically commenting on his form at Sunderland no more no less - that is a genuine quote on how he performed no matter how it’s dressed up