Welcome to Rangers Ovie Ejaria

• MisterC locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • MisterC unlocked this topic

Being told he made a few appearances a couple of season ago and done well, and has just fell away since. Based on Liverpool extending his contract, there must be something there. Let's hope he can adapt to the physicality of the Scottish game quickly.

Being told we should be going for Brewster and Woodburn

Splitting opinion this one. 

I’m taking plenty comfort in the fact that Klopp has gave him first team football and the Champions League finalists have opted to give him a new deal.  Does that guarantee anything? Nope but I’m more interested in that than what happened at free fall Sunderland.  

16 minutes ago, KWBear said:

We will never see 55 if this is the beginning of a trend a la Warburton where he grossly underestimated Scottish football and thought that just because a lad had been brought through the English system it automatically qualified them for a title push with Rangers 

Can only imagine this is an addition for depth purposes and that some genuine first team players will be signed in due course. Sincerely hope this isn't the same approach we have seen in recent years which just does not work and I also hope that we are not about to flood the team with Liverpool youth coming in to us unproven and off the back of shite seasons with relegation dross. 

Fine with this if it's for depth, so let's start seeing some fucking movement in terms of more signings of proven quality. 

This x100

He’ll need quality around him to flourish I’d imagine , can’t see a 20 year old loan player completely turning our fortunes around and winning matches for us single handedly ,see what happens 

Like it or not loans will be an integral part of our business moving forward. Whilst this guy may not set the heather alight my hope is that it allows us to attract a better calibre of loan player in the future along the likes of Solanke.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I guess him signing a new 4 year deal with Liverpool in conjunction with this move to us is a good sign.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/304170-ovie-ejaria-liverpool-fc-deal-loan-Rangers

“I really want to be a regular at Liverpool Football Club, a massive club, so that’s my aim.”

I know he was talking to LDC but the smart move would have been to insert Rangers for Liverpool in that sentence.

I would bet that Michael Beale had alot to do with this transfer, he loves this kid, he took him to Liverpool from Arsenal and does nothing but sing his praises to anyone that will listen. Fingers crossed it works out, he has lots of technical ability but i have my doubts about him dealing with the physicality of Scottish football.

Liverpool have just  signed him on a lengthy contract so I'm hoping he's gonna be decent for us as they must see something in him but I wouldn't mind if we went fucking crazy and signed a few more "established" players because lately our transfer windows are on par with English league one teams signing players on loan.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

“I really want to be a regular at Liverpool Football Club, a massive club, so that’s my aim.”

I know he was talking to LDC but the smart move would have been to insert Rangers for Liverpool in that sentence.

Yeah. No doubt will be come the time of his first Rangers website interview, but ought to realise that it's not just Liverpool fans that will be reading the Liverpool site. 

3 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

I would bet that Michael Beale had alot to do with this transfer, he loves this kid, he took him to Liverpool from Arsenal and does nothing but sing his praises to anyone that will listen. Fingers crossed it works out, he has lots of technical ability but i have my doubts about him dealing with the physicality of Scottish football.

Isn't he about 6 foot 4 and an absolute unit?