Gerrard keeping Wallace

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

No he’s not a “fantastic player” gaffer. 

He’s injury prone has only one leg he can rely on and gets himself caught in behind all the time because of his lack of speed. 

Move him on. 

Thanks x 

He's not going to say he's shite and finished is he?

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's so easy.

People always say this in defense "what could he say" ... how about "he's under contract but in dispute with the club and I've not assessed him yet"

So easy

He's obviously had a conversation with Wallace and all he's doing is keeping his options open. 

I'd still be surprised if Wallace played for us again. 

Very much doubt Gerrard has all the money he needs to rebuild the full team, maybe he's looked at LB and in his eyes it's not a priority as much as other positions. Hence keeping LW around.

One thing is for sure if he's playing under Gerrard he best up his game because what he served up last few seasons is no where near good enough.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

@Blue Avenger will be very confused over this.

Only recently he was abusing posters for not believing that King and Gerrard both wanted Wallace and Miller gone 

Why the fuck you bringing me into it mr shit stirrer? Many share my view. Am I special petal?

A nice piece of double bluff by Stevie.

A good statement.

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He was past it and pish when fit before he was injured ... he was captain in the Pedro debacles .. people have short memories (and yes, I do remember him standing by us in 2012 and moving up the leagues - but why pretend he's something he isn't now in the playing sense)

He’s pish, so can’t see anyone buying him and paying his wage. 

Better to keep him at the club and ‘onside’, than subsidise hearts squad. 

Gerrard stuck between a rock and a hard place. Lessons to be learned from Pedro’s ‘you can all get to fuck’ approach.

Firstly Wallace has to drop his appeal. If he does I think he will be used as cover for John for the season. We will have a lot more coming and going and I think there are other areas requiring more urgent attention. It might allow more resources to be used in those areas. I would then expect him to be replaced at the end of his contract. 

4 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Here's a picture of him with all his major trophies he's won here..

220px-Lee_Wallace.jpg

Well we did go in to admin a few months after he signed and then got kicked out the league and sent to the 3rd division.  When that happened Lee stayed with us sacrificing any chance he had of an international career and the possibility of a better wage and easier life down South.  Many so called 'Rangers men' like McGregor, Naismith, Laffery, and Davis were straight out the door.  Lee's loyalty and passion for this club during one of the darkest periods in our history will never be forgotten.  If we do manage to win the league this coming season he should be made a Rangers legend then and there for staying with us all the way back up the leagues and helping us get back to where we belong at the top of Scottish football.

10 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Probably just not wanting to create headlines. 

Maybe Gerrard is just telling the truth and sharing his honest opinion of the player.  He thinks he's a very good player and doesn't care what when on last season under Murty.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Well we did go in to admin a few months after he signed and then got kicked out the league and sent to the 3rd division.  When that happened Lee stayed with us sacrificing any chance he had of an international career and the possibility of a better wage and easier life down South.  Many so called 'Rangers men' like McGregor, Naismith, Laffery, and Davis were straight out the door.  Lee's loyalty and passion for this club during one of the darkest periods in our history will never be forgotten.  If we do manage to win the league this coming season he should be made a Rangers legend then and there for staying with us all the way back up the leagues and helping us get back to where we belong at the top of Scottish football.

He wanted to stay in Scotland. We offered him the best wages he could get to do that. Yes he stayed but it suited him. He's hardly a martyr, nor a Rangers supporter from youth, he's a pro footballer who made decisions which suited him and us at that time. Which I'm highlighting not knocking.

16 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He wanted to stay in Scotland. We offered him the best wages he could get to do that. Yes he stayed but it suited him. He's hardly a martyr, nor a Rangers supporter from youth, he's a pro footballer who made decisions which suited him and us at that time. Which I'm highlighting not knocking.

The summer prior to 2012 we had just paid £1.5m for Lee Wallace who was a very highly young player in Scotland and had been capped a few times for his country.  If guys like Whittaker can leave and get more money elsewhere it's not unthinkable to assume Wallace could have as well.  

Our fans constantly slate the players that left us in 2012 for putting their own interests first and showing no loyalty to the club.  Lee Wallace stayed with Rangers when he could've very easily gone down South yet the fans show no loyalty towards him.  You show no loyalty towards a player who did stay, yet demand loyalty from the ones who didn't, it's hypocritical.