Candeias

RDFM

Candeias was our POTY in that wide right position.  It's strange that he's been moved out of it but maybe we've lacked options in central midfield.  He's a real attacking threat in that RW position and would be a better option than Windass who looks lost out there.  

As much as I like Candeias I do think him and Tavernier are  too alike in terms of what they bring to the team.  Ideally, I'd like to see us get an inside forward who can run at defenders and get in to the box like this Harry Wilson.

The best I could come up with was maybe the idea was that with Flanagan at left back and Candeias on the left side of centre midfield there could be some unorthodox avenues to play down the middle.

Whatever the plan was it didn’t work.

On the bright side I think Ejaria and Middleton both put there name in the hat for a start in the next game.

Candelas is shite gerrard knows he's shite, turned his back twice when he tried his trademark shitey flicks, still can't beat a man,

middleton beat more players tonight than he did all last season.as soon as the losers like him, windass and Morelos are gone the better

38 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Candelas is shite gerrard knows he's shite, turned his back twice when he tried his trademark shitey flicks, still can't beat a man,

middleton beat more players tonight than he did all last season.as soon as the losers like him, windass and Morelos are gone the better

You surely canny b serious? Best crosser of a ball since McCann 

7 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Candeias and Tav had a great understanding and complimented each other, both lose out by having Candeias in midfield plus he created lots of chances last season firing crosses into the box

This all day. Glaringly obvious all match 

10 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

This all day. Glaringly obvious all match 

Mccans crossing was brilliant, I can’t remember any1 since then who’s been as good. Danny’s crossing is as good if not better. Which makes it even more incredible we only scored once from a corner last year

13 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

It is a strange one. I wonder if he’s filling square pegs with round holes until the squad is complete. 

this, i think he is working with what he has at the min.  and i dont think this will be our formation going into the season.