***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Katic Flanagan

Coulibaly Jack Arfield

Candeias  Murphy

Morelos

Morelos tries hard,  but just isn't good enough.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would start Middleton, only a few games, but got fight and desire to play and beat people and track back as well, might not be everyone's shout at just coming through but think it might work as I don't think he would be in awe of playing up there.

21 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

The sheep don’t really know what we are all about now. We know what they are like. Think we are winning this game.  

That cancels itself out. For each player who hasn't played against a sheep player there's a sheep player equally in the unknown as to how one of our new boys play.

17 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... it will be on here! For the teams sake and ours I want the win but a draw might be more realistic and a defeat diesnt bare thinking about  

Our standards are fucking shocking amongst some fans at the moment. When has a draw at Pittodrie ever been acceptable? Aberdeen may have beaten us to second two years on the trot but despite that we're not trying to compete with them. Second is best loser. Not trying to have a go mate as I realise you've not said you'd be happy with a draw but realistically we slapped them on the park last season and we've improved vastly this year surely???

11 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

I still can't believe tav is at right back, dunno why every cunt else can't see he's utter pish there 

Tav is a cracking player at right-back. Where else would you play him???

Sometimes his defensive positioning qualities get questioned but name another attacking full-back who can get themselves straight back in to position when they're attacking and a team-mate loses possession???

9 hours ago, the_r_sole said:

when do we get wallace or john back?

I'd like to see flanagan playing right back and wallace/john playing left back - when we're playing against decent teams they always know tav is the weak link, no surprise that the first goal scored against us this season came down that side. Now we actually have some good centrebacks trying to keep it organised you notice how bad the positioning is from tav  

Er well it didn't. Don't think you seen the game eh?

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One of our issues is that sense of entitlement - another is thinking winning is easy, not earnt! I hope the team wins as easy as you expect them to but realism Tells me a draw is not disastrous but I sure as hell hope we win or this place will go into its normal hysterical melt down.  

Both more of a player problem I think. We've certainly earned any success which comes.

5 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Need to start taking our chances. Missing far too many and that might come back to haunt us.

I don't think we're missing many actual chances (Coulibaly in the opening minutes at Ibrox aside). I think it's more a case of we're making a cunt of opportunities where a few decent passes leads to a goalscoring chance. Hopefully that will come with games and the forwards will soon gel.

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

That cancels itself out. For each player who hasn't played against a sheep player there's a sheep player equally in the unknown as to how one of our new boys play.

Loser McInnes probs has game plan here to stop us. I’m in the thought he’s shitting himself here. I think we’re just too good. Fucksakes we nailed them 3 times last year with a much inferior team. We are better now. 

9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Skill and ability needs to be combined with attitude and mentality - far to many on here seem to think that players are not giving there all when we get beat - and in general they do, they just don’t have the requisite skill and ability - that’s why, with our budget, this is always going to be an long term project with incremental games. To many think it’s a binary process - it’s not. 

You are very obstructive to another persons point. Again, when did I say skill and ability are immaterial? I still say it is secondary to mentality and attitude and I completely disagree that players have been giving their all and in possession of the correct attitude all these years.

We have had a pussy mentality for too long and have had to contend with players like Forrester who quite clearly didn’t give a fuck.

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Our standards are fucking shocking amongst some fans at the moment. When has a draw at Pittodrie ever been acceptable? Aberdeen may have beaten us to second two years on the trot but despite that we're not trying to compete with them. Second is best loser. Not trying to have a go mate as I realise you've not said you'd be happy with a draw but realistically we slapped them on the park last season and we've improved vastly this year surely???

The debate is what is ‘acceptable’  - it’s not what I want but at the same time to just ‘expect’ We win is unrealistic - they showed against Burnley that they are a decent tream - and yes I want us to compete and beat them but we ‘earn’ that right, not expect it. Is this team ready to do that - earn the right that we expect the win? Time will tell - I hope so but until we play them I don’t really know where this team is or what standard we are at. I suspect we still will take another couple of transfer windows to get where we all want but I hope we have moved in the right direction. 

5 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You are very obstructive to another persons point. Again, when did I say skill and ability are immaterial? I still say it is secondary to mentality and attitude and I completely disagree that players have been giving their all and in possession of the correct attitude all these years.

We have had a pussy mentality for too long and have had to contend with players like Forrester who quite clearly didn’t give a fuck.

We also have player like Haliday, who gives his all, he is just not at the level we need. And in my opinion work rate, whilst hugely important, is nothing without the requisite skills. 

5 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Both more of a player problem I think. We've certainly earned any success which comes.

If we get success we will certainly have earnt it - but the expectation side is the fans who think we could build from where we were by ‘just’ having the right manager and a single window. If SG is a great manager ( and I hope he is) I suspect it will be next season we will really see us back - but will our fans expectations give him that time ( if needed)?

6 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

It’s down to the situation. I was at Pittodrie 31 years ago and 1 - 1 was perfectably acceptable. I don’t think a draw on the first day of the season when we need to get off to a good start, is acceptable. 

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

It’s down to the situation. I was at Pittodrie 31 years ago and 1 - 1 was perfectably acceptable. I don’t think a draw on the first day of the season when we need to get off to a good start, is acceptable. 

Bracing ourselves for a domestic draw or letting the players think it's acceptable is not the Rangers way. If we get a draw after a hard fought game against a very good side then fair enough but Aberdeen are not!

I can guarantee you that Stevie G won't be allowing the players to think that way and will rightly drop anyone that does. We won't get title 55 by dropping points to a weakened sheep team who have deservedly been beaten in Europe and whose players will be tired after playing extra time.

We have to give this new team time to grow but, barring another fix to try and stitch us up, the sheep will be giving the beasts 12 points this season, so we can't really afford to slip up against them either.

I actually think hivs will cause us and the beasts more problems than the sheep this season. 

We need to win this one and preferably dominate from start to finish. 

8 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Can’t work it out to be honest, he’s vouched for by guys on here that’s met him in person not to be a tarrier so I believe that, but fuck me he’s got a strange view on being a bear and thank fuck there aren’t many like him. 

He opposes our values and standards at every opportunity and will argue until he is blue in the face against any opinion the majority hold. He essentially likes to argue and be the centre of attention. Only cunt on here I have on block. Wish him a good morning and he'd argue it was afternoon. Total attention whore.

53 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The debate is what is ‘acceptable’  - it’s not what I want but at the same time to just ‘expect’ We win is unrealistic - they showed against Burnley that they are a decent tream - and yes I want us to compete and beat them but we ‘earn’ that right, not expect it. Is this team ready to do that - earn the right that we expect the win? Time will tell - I hope so but until we play them I don’t really know where this team is or what standard we are at. I suspect we still will take another couple of transfer windows to get where we all want but I hope we have moved in the right direction. 

How the fuck are they a decent team they got humped 3-1 by a half decent team

Just now, Zulu said:

How the fuck are they a decent team they got humped 3-1 by a half decent team

If you think Burnley are only a half decent team you are deluded - and that 3-1 was in extra time. I know it’s almost derigeur to say all Scottish teams are shite and we are better than them but Aberdeen played well against a good team and we ignore that at our pearl! 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you think Burnley are only a half decent team you are deluded - and that 3-1 was in extra time. I know it’s almost derigeur to say all Scottish teams are shite and we are better than them but Aberdeen played well against a good team and we ignore that at our pearl! 

They could not field a team for a friendly a few weeks ago we will destroy them BP9 my fellow veteran be positive.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

We also have player like Haliday, who gives his all, he is just not at the level we need. And in my opinion work rate, whilst hugely important, is nothing without the requisite skills. 

There are always exceptions to the rule, it does not invalidate my point no matter how you try and paint it.

Archived