***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you think Burnley are only a half decent team you are deluded - and that 3-1 was in extra time. I know it’s almost derigeur to say all Scottish teams are shite and we are better than them but Aberdeen played well against a good team and we ignore that at our pearl! 

Doesnt alter the facts they are a bunch of losers

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

If you think Burnley are only a half decent team you are deluded - and that 3-1 was in extra time. I know it’s almost derigeur to say all Scottish teams are shite and we are better than them but Aberdeen played well against a good team and we ignore that at our pearl! 

It will be interesting to see what effects going to extra time mid week have on the sheep. 

I expect Gerrard will be looking to exploit tiredness in their sqaud. 

Aberdeen last season only took a point off us across the entire season. And not only do we look a lot better than last season, they've lost 2 of their best players and another 2 fairly important players on top of that. A draw at home to Burnley doesn't mean they're world beaters for fucks sake :lol: 

A draw tomorrow is a disaster.

55 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Aberdeen last season only took a point off us across the entire season. And not only do we look a lot better than last season, they've lost 2 of their best players and another 2 fairly important players on top of that. A draw at home to Burnley doesn't mean they're world beaters for fucks sake :lol: 

We (rightly so) expect to win any game we play domestically so let's get that out of the way.

But for fuck sake by your logic we might as well not bother with the OF games because we only took a point off the scum across the entire season.

Aberdeen looked a very good side, relatively, against Burnley and with better finishing might have beaten them. They have a handful of players who are as good as or better than their respective counterparts in our team.

Can't wait to see if we can rise to the challenge but we'll need to be on our game. We're stronger in centre midfield and that's what will hopefully win us the game.

10 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Er well it didn't. Don't think you seen the game eh?

Erm well, I was at the game, pretty sure the goal came from an area where the right back should have been covering by a player the right back should have been marking, watch it again and tell me Tav was playing the role of a right back there

33 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We (rightly so) expect to win any game we play domestically so let's get that out of the way.

But for fuck sake by your logic we might as well not bother with the OF games because we only took a point off the scum across the entire season.

Aberdeen looked a very good side, relatively, against Burnley and with better finishing might have beaten them. They have a handful of players who are as good as or better than their respective counterparts in our team.

Can't wait to see if we can rise to the challenge but we'll need to be on our game. We're stronger in centre midfield and that's what will hopefully win us the game.

Who?

43 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Who are these better players? 

1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

Nothing less than a win should be acceptable but for one reason and another it's historically always a tough game for us no point in pretending otherwise

49 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Erm well, I was at the game, pretty sure the goal came from an area where the right back should have been covering by a player the right back should have been marking, watch it again and tell me Tav was playing the role of a right back there

You said their goal came down our right which it didn't. I've watched it a few times. Are you really saying Tav was at fault for their goal?

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You said their goal came down our right which it didn't. I've watched it a few times. Are you really saying Tav was at fault for their goal?

Our right back should be covering player coming down the opposition left, he was out of position and didn't stop the shot that went in, consistently out of position at critical times and he's always been the same, the only reason he's in the team because of his forward play, he's not a good defender

32 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

Our right back should be covering player coming down the opposition left, he was out of position and didn't stop the shot that went in, consistently out of position at critical times and he's always been the same, the only reason he's in the team because of his forward play, he's not a good defender

The goal was windass' fault imo, candeias did a great job the full game keeping their left back quiet then he goes off and they score. Not really watched it back right enough but I'm sure windass is more at fault 

Archived