***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@the_r_sole Can't make my mind up who is at fault here. At the time I felt it was Windass' job to deal with their left-back in situations like that but he seems to have been left with two men to mark as there's also a player at the edge of the box. There's probably quite a few failings here. The cross should have been stopped at source. Once the ball is actually in the box though we should have cleared it before it even got to the goalscorer. Despite sticking up for Tavernier earlier he is the one who is probably bet positioned to boot the ball away although to be fair to him it looks like the ball took a deflection off someone's head.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

@the_r_sole Can't make my mind up who is at fault here. At the time I felt it was Windass' job to deal with their left-back in situations like that but he seems to have been left with two men to mark as there's also a player at the edge of the box. There's probably quite a few failings here. The cross should have been stopped at source. Once the ball is actually in the box though we should have cleared it before it even got to the goalscorer. Despite sticking up for Tavernier earlier he is the one who is probably bet positioned to boot the ball away although to be fair to him it looks like the ball took a deflection off someone's head.

65% Windass, 35% Tavernier imo. 

8 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Tavernier is not the best defender in the world but he does nothing wrong for that goal. He's where he should be, just a yard or two higher up the pitch than the centre backs and tucked in while the ball is on our left flank.

It is the failure to block the cross, the lack of marking on the left back and two deflections that cause the goal.

12 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Windass can't be trusted in these games. He was the same away at Progres Neiderkorn last year

The time to sell is now imo, he’ll never have another season as “good” as last year and is a decent age. Would let us sign some more players too. 

43 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Looks to me like their guy, Henty, cuts in front of Jack and jumps for the ball. He misses it and this puts off Goldson. I think the ball went straight through.

After that Henty is left unmarked at the back post which is a worry. Three of our players go to protect the front post.

29 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Tavernier is not the best defender in the world but he does nothing wrong for that goal. He's where he should be, just a yard or two higher up the pitch than the centre backs and tucked in while the ball is on our left flank.

It is the failure to block the cross, the lack of marking on the left back and two deflections that cause the goal.

In the first phase he's out of position and not keeping the back line compact then he has to try and make up the yards to get into position, so his momentum is towards goal, then he's no where near any attacker when the shot is driven in

3 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

But for fuck sake by your logic we might as well not bother with the OF games because we only took a point off the scum across the entire season.

Don't see it being the same logic myself. We've strengthened in key areas whereas the sheep have lost their best / most creative players and a couple others who contributed to a number of goals last seasons. That was my point, given they struggled against us with their strongest team and now they're quite a bit weaker going forward. I don't see that as the same logic. 

Score draw I think 

not the best but not the worst 

the sheep will be well organised and are a settled team 

we are almost a completely new side and it will take time to get into our stride 

We need to sharpen up in midfield and not lose possession with slack passing. We also need to be more creative in front of goal. 

Gerrard will set up pretty defensive for this one imo as I think he will see a draw as a decent result in his first game away to the sheep 

5 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Gerrard will set up pretty defensive for this one imo as I think he will see a draw as a decent result in his first game away to the sheep 

Weeks and weeks of people going on about how Gerrard's a winner yet he'll see a draw with the sheep as decent result?

Fuck the fuck right off.

8 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Score draw I think 

not the best but not the worst 

the sheep will be well organised and are a settled team 

we are almost a completely new side and it will take time to get into our stride 

We need to sharpen up in midfield and not lose possession with slack passing. We also need to be more creative in front of goal. 

We will be set up to win the game and anything less is unacceptable 

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Weeks and weeks of people going on about how Gerrard's a winner yet he'll see a draw with the sheep as decent result?

Fuck the fuck right off.

Gerrard is a winner I agree with that 

He is coming to us at a time where we are on paper the third best team with Aberdeen being the second (obviously us fans know that’s a lot of shite) 

after a good performance from the sheep against Burnley then he won’t be taking anything for granted and I believe he would see a draw away to the sheep as a half decent start to the campaign (fans obviously won’t agree) he won’t go gung ho if we are drawing with 10-15 mins to go imo 

the sheep hardly laid a glove on us last season but we are a totally different team and still have a lot of work to do 

Obviously I want us to win, but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster 

And I don’t mean In terms of gaining a point, I mean the fallout of him losing his first league game and all the negative pishy press that will come with it

we have a difficult start to the season and if the tims are 6 or 7 points clear of us by the end of the first OF game then it won’t be pretty 

A draw fuck all that's all we need is to drop two points and fall behind the scum after one game. We will do them and I hope to fuck sg sets us up to win every game home and away fuck showing any of them any respect just get in about them the scum included.

28 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Gerrard is a winner I agree with that 

He is coming to us at a time where we are on paper the third best team with Aberdeen being the second (obviously us fans know that’s a lot of shite) 

after a good performance from the sheep against Burnley then he won’t be taking anything for granted and I believe he would see a draw away to the sheep as a half decent start to the campaign (fans obviously won’t agree) he won’t go gung ho if we are drawing with 10-15 mins to go imo 

the sheep hardly laid a glove on us last season but we are a totally different team and still have a lot of work to do 

Obviously I want us to win, but a draw wouldn’t be a disaster 

And I don’t mean In terms of gaining a point, I mean the fallout of him losing his first league game and all the negative pishy press that will come with it

we have a difficult start to the season and if the tims are 6 or 7 points clear of us by the end of the first OF game then it won’t be pretty 

:justno::justno::justno:

A challenging first match to begin the campaign, however, a winning start is the expectation no matter the performance or if its merely won by a single goal. A full of heart high tempo set up matched with minimal individual mistakes should be enough to take care of the Sheep. Lets be up and at them from the first kick off.

Come on Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

We beat them 3-0 at Pittodrie with a team that included Myles Beerman and Joe Dodoo while also having a bullfighter as our manager.

A draw would be a very poor result.

Spock would say your logic is weak. Every game is different, especially this one.

37 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Lewis, Logan, Shinnie and Mackay-Steven in the 'as good as' category, McKenna and McGinn in the 'better than'.

Lewis is as good as McGregor? No chance. If you mean Shinnie is as good as Halliday, i agree. Mackay Steven as good as Murphy or Candeias? The highlight of his career so far is nearly drowning ffs.

Mckenna looks good, I'll agree on that, better than Goldson and Katic? I don't know and neither do you. And McGinn, never mind, i fucked that part :lol: 

But he's pish aswell

Archived