***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

Why all the talk of a draw?

We done them last season multiple times - we have a better team, they have a worse team

First game of the season or not, it's important that we go there and win. I genuinely think with a few shrewd additions we can run the filth close but in order to do that we have to win games like Sunday

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Why all the talk of a draw?

We done them last season multiple times - we have a better team, they have a worse team

First game of the season or not, it's important that we go there and win. I genuinely think with a few shrewd additions we can run the filth close but in order to do that we have to win games like Sunday

agree with this, to seriously challenge they cunts games like sunday are must win games for me

12 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Surprised so many want to drop Ejaria.

Think he’s the only one who looks to take the ball, turn and play it through the defence. 

Not that creative without him. Bit different to the rest. 

I think he’s one of those players who will look like a superstar at home to Dundee but flatter to deceive in the bigger games. He was poor last night until the game was effectively over as a contest so I’d rather have the energy and experience of Arfield in there on sunday.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think he’s one of those players who will look like a superstar at home to Dundee but flatter to deceive in the bigger games. He was poor last night until the game was effectively over as a contest so I’d rather have the energy and experience of Arfield in there on sunday.

said pretty much that last night to my friend, will look like a superstar against the small teams but go missing in the big games especially away from home.  i think he looks a bit lightweight and will be easily bullied out a game

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think he’s the only one who looks to take the ball, turn and play it through the defence. 

That Aberdeen midfield will bully him mate they're hacking wee bastards. Would rather have the experience and energy of Arfield in there with Ejaria to come on in the 2nd half if we're looking to push the game

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

I said in the match thread that he takes about 6 extra touches then loses it.

It was frustrating.

On of the random premier sports commentators said he is an option up front (after Morelos and Sadiq).

Honest opinion, haven't read the thread so don't want to be swayed by anyone, but think we will beat them up there, we are pressing higher and better than last year and don't think they will be used to a Rangers team like that for years. So yeah I'm not worried about them. 

Still unsure about our finishing at times, still not there yet, but don't think the sheep molesters will be any better than Osijek. 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

said pretty much that last night to my friend, will look like a superstar against the small teams but go missing in the big games especially away from home.  i think he looks a bit lightweight and will be easily bullied out a game

Only one way to find out....

1 minute ago, giffnockger said:

Choking for Sunday - same team that started last night and fucking attack from the beginning. First bevvy in 6 weeks as well, canny wait to be a mess by 8am yasss

Do you do that Lent thing? Or that Ramadama dingdong thing?

They're playing well by all accounts , gave Burnley a hard game twice so it will be no pushover . 

Id freshen the team up , bring in Arfield , Middleton and possibly ( tin hat on ) Windass , who always keeps his best performances away from Ibrox .

We really need to win this one as we dont want to be chasing the tims from the beginning . I think we will , but like I say , it'll be a hard fought one . 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... it will be on here! For the teams sake and ours I want the win but a draw might be more realistic and a defeat diesnt bare thinking about  

A draw is more realistic?

It's the sheep, are we truly getting this wee team mentality ingrained? Let's not lower the standards that's made us win so much over the years, I'm pretty sure Gerrard won't accept anything less than a win - why the fuck should we?

What the actual fuck? ?

they have been pretty decent so far am hoping that the extra 30 mins drains them.

as a Rangers team we should be going up there and skelping them but given the current building operation i would be happy for a close win.

I've never bought into this extra 30 mins thing being a drain on players, they are full time professionals FFS, I believe it's just used as an excuse whenever teams are beaten after having to have played for an extra 1/2 an hour 3or4 days beforehand, it's the 1st game of the season and both teams will be raring to go, I'm looking forward to this one and think we should have enough to win.

Archived