Ejaria and Kent

Dan Deacon

Just seen that team mates video that Scott Arfield did for BT (not sure when it was from) and his descriptions of these two was perfect.

Ejaria - street footballer

Kent - wants to be Ronaldo 

I think, like most youth team loans from the EPL, they lack the maturity and experience to be big players for us, but they will prove to be useful additions to the squad over the course of the season.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Just seen that team mates video that Scott Arfield did for BT (not sure when it was from) and his descriptions of these two was perfect.

Ejaria - street footballer

Kent - wants to be Ronaldo 

I think, like most youth team loans from the EPL, they lack the maturity and experience to be big players for us, but they will prove to be useful additions to the squad over the course of the season.

I like ejaria makes good runs and can beat a man good passer too,and I know his teammates really rate him

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Both came on in a real game against Aberdeen and looked very poor and offered nothing maybe that was because of the late introduction and couldn't get to the pace of the game but neither impressed me.

The Ejaria substitution was ridiculous. I understand why he was going to make it because Aberdeen were starting to press higher up the park and leave gaps so think the thinking was he could help us nick a second on the counter attack, but as soon as Jack got injured and it was him who had to be withdrawn (I think it would have been Windass before then) then it should have been McCrorie who came on in a like for like swap.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

The Ejaria substitution was ridiculous. I understand why he was going to make it because Aberdeen were starting to press higher up the park and leave gaps so think the thinking was he could help us nick a second on the counter attack, but as soon as Jack got injured and it was him who had to be withdrawn (I think it would have been Windass before then) then it should have been McCrorie who came on in a like for like swap.

Agree we were far too open when Jack went off and he made the wrong subs.

Not overly fussed/impressed with either. Both show glimpses that are quite good but I don't think they are solid players you can depend on.

Squad options they are ok. But we need a bit more quality and consistency than them IMO.

Based on early glimpses, given.

I also think that they are 2 players that if we play well and win, then they look shit-hot and people think more of them that what they possibly provide and in a losing team they are the types you instantly look at and curse. You get players like that. Rightly or wrongly.

I don't rate Kent at all, can see why fans of the last 2 teams he was with didn't really rate him, he should never have came on as sub in a game where we needed to keep the ball . He would be OK at ibrox if we are a couple of goals up

As a liverpool fan ive watched these 2 for a while now, kent i think is all pace and not much else, he loses the ball nearly every time he tries to take on a player which i think is very frustrating, hopefully stevie can help him think and be more clever in possession, he has a few tricks up his sleeve, so far hes been ok for Rangers, but its early days so hopefully he can improve enough to play a decent part in a title winning team, but i wouldnt bring him on when keeping possesion is vital because keeping the ball is his biggest weakness imo

Ejaria could be a beast he just needs to remember he isnt playing in a youth team, hes playing in the big time now and hopefully he begins to show more as the season goes on, hes a unit, hes pretty skillfull and has quick feet, needs to improve his decision making, but he always wants to be on the ball which is good as it shows hes confident, just needs to do smarter things when on it, 

7 hours ago, Rickym29 said:

As a liverpool fan ive watched these 2 for a while now, kent i think is all pace and not much else, he loses the ball nearly every time he tries to take on a player which i think is very frustrating, hopefully stevie can help him think and be more clever in possession, he has a few tricks up his sleeve, so far hes been ok for Rangers, but its early days so hopefully he can improve enough to play a decent part in a title winning team, but i wouldnt bring him on when keeping possesion is vital because keeping the ball is his biggest weakness imo

Ejaria could be a beast he just needs to remember he isnt playing in a youth team, hes playing in the big time now and hopefully he begins to show more as the season goes on, hes a unit, hes pretty skillfull and has quick feet, needs to improve his decision making, but he always wants to be on the ball which is good as it shows hes confident, just needs to do smarter things when on it, 

Stevie G should have read this before bringing Kent on vs Aberdeen. Both are good signings and will learn over the year.

Thought Ejaria wasn’t good tbh. Felt like every time he got the ball he was going to give it away. 

Not saying he’s a bad player but he gave me the fear tonight. Still got stuck in about it right enough which is what you want if the game isn’t going for you

Kent tries hard but has offered little so far.

I think Ejaria is one of the most naturally gifted players in the squad with the ball at his feet and I really don't get some of the criticism he's getting. Sure, he makes the odd loose pass or tries too much at times but there's more moments where he's playing neat triangles, holding the ball up really well with his strength and hight or playing fast balls through. He's young and still developing but has great potential.

I think there is a player in Ejaria, but there were a couple of times tonight when he received the ball and his first instinct is to shield the ball and wait for a tackle to come in which slowed the play down / led to us loosing possession.