That “challenge” on Jack

G.E.C.

Just now, Inigo said:

I think tgere was enough red strips en-route to the ball to put an element of doubt as to a 'clear goalscoring chance'. Can see why it wasn't red, but should be at least yellow.

Nah, I saw a still of it - defos not the case. It was on twitter but now I can’t find it - maybe someone else can help and post it. Makes it clear as day that Windass is getting an unobstructed shot at goal before any of the sheep get across

Earned them a point and Jack out of the game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McInnes told them to do this.....they’re down to 10 men, all we need to do is get one of their best players injured, Jack would be good and we could get some extra time out of it as well, just be canny how you do it.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Nah, I saw a still of it - defos not the case. It was on twitter but now I can’t find it - maybe someone else can help and post it. Makes it clear as day that Windass is getting an unobstructed shot at goal before any of the sheep get across

The referee doesn't see a still. At real time, there's definite doubt as to whether a red shirt gets to the ball first. It has to be a clear goalscoring opportunity. Can see why it'd be a yellow (if he'd given even that).

Assault made to look like a challenge if the roles were reversed the media would be having a shit fit for the compliance officer to look at it. I cant remember if May even got booked for it.

Its going to be a long season if the refs performance today is anything to gauge from.

Just now, steven33jackie said:

Assault made to look like a challenge if the roles were reversed the media would be having a shit fit for the compliance officer to look at it. I cant remember if May even got booked for it.

Its going to be a long season if the refs performance today is anything to gauge from.

I don’t believe he did get booked.

53 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Again though, it wasn’t given! 

Arfield stood still while getting his shirt pulled & squared up to - yellow card! 

Goldson, an ariel challenge, with no intent to hit the player - yellow card! 

That team of officials were fucking stinking today!! 

Yeah it was blatant bias against us today.  Our players will continue to be targeted until the club start taking a stand.

28 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Dom Ball should have been sent off for the pull on Windass. The rules are the rules. If Clancy has spotted a foul and given the penalty, he has to give the red unless he deemed Ball to be making an attempt at winning the ball - a pull back on Windass is not an attempt at winning the ball. 

We score a penalty and Aberdeen down to 10 and it’s a completely different game again mate.  Probably my biggest gripe from the game today

Spot on mate ?

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Big calls were right imo, 4 or 5 yellows went against us/For them that were wrong. Happens from time to time, so need to see if the pattern continues... 

Continues from last season you mean? 

That first hivs game at Ibrox set a precedent for the officials against us, but should've set a precedent on how our players should react in those situations. 

Morelos' 'kick' wasn't anymore violent than McKennas shoulder to his face, if it was the same as the first barge I would say fair enough, but the second had intent. 

Would like our players to be a bit smarter though. Morelos gave the ref an excuse to send him off, if he went down and played up to the second barge holding his head it would have been a different outcome. 

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

Yes.

As for the barge... the barge wasn't as violent as the kick lol.

Come on man, I agree we get shit treatment from refs and have done for a while, but this kind of thing us too easy to ridicule. Does us no favours. Let's focus on the numerous actual bits of nonsense today, rather than saying a run of the mill barge was anything more than that.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yes.

As for the barge... the barge wasn't as violent as the kick lol.

Come on man, I agree we get shit treatment from refs and have done for a while, but this kind of thing us too easy to ridicule. Does us no favours. Let's focus on the numerous actual bits of nonsense today, rather than saying a run of the mill barge was anything more than that.

I agree it's embarrassing having to say it, but a second barge (shoulder to face), off the ball like that is as bad as a little off balance kick to the calf. 

Not really run of the mill when it's the second off the ball within 5 seconds

12 minutes ago, GT66 said:

That first hivs game at Ibrox set a precedent for the officials against us, but should've set a precedent on how our players should react in those situations. 

Morelos' 'kick' wasn't anymore violent than McKennas shoulder to his face, if it was the same as the first barge I would say fair enough, but the second had intent. 

Would like our players to be a bit smarter though. Morelos gave the ref an excuse to send him off, if he went down and played up to the second barge holding his head it would have been a different outcome. 

Two points to u here... not directly a dig just quoting...

If Morelos went down after the barges then chances are he would have been booked for diving. Thats how bad it is against us.

Second... his reaction to the barges are natural. Iv seen fights start on pitches for less. 

53 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think tgere was enough red strips en-route to the ball to put an element of doubt as to a 'clear goalscoring chance'. Can see why it wasn't red, but should be at least yellow.

He was in plenty of space and was getting a shot on goal. No attempt to get the ball in the penalty box is a red all day long. 

Its not the same rule as a professional foul outside the box where its about the last man and covering players.

7 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I agree it's embarrassing having to say it, but a second barge (shoulder to face), off the ball like that is as bad as a little off balance kick to the calf. 

Not really run of the mill when it's the second off the ball within 5 seconds

It was a run of the mill barge mate. A free kick, but that's it.

7 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Two points to u here... not directly a dig just quoting...

If Morelos went down after the barges then chances are he would have been booked for diving. Thats how bad it is against us.

Second... his reaction to the barges are natural. Iv seen fights start on pitches for less. 

Morelos looked more a physical reflex than a deliberate aimed kick. That isn't violent conduct. An off the ball barge is a minimum yellow.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

He was in plenty of space and was getting a shot on goal. No attempt to get the ball in the penalty box is a red all day long. 

Its not the same rule as a professional foul outside the box where its about the last man and covering players.

Yeah I know that. That's not my point. It's only a penalty if the ref thinks it's a clear goalscoring chance, which if he thinks red shirts might get to the ball before Windass, then it's not. I doubt they would have, but there's enough uncertainty in real time that I can see why he wouldn't give it.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It was a run of the mill barge mate. A free kick, but that's it.

Its a yellow, you really ought to go on a referees course, it would be an eye opener for you. Probably better doing one in England rather than be taught by the incompetents from the SRA.

Just now, Inigo said:

Yeah I know that. That's not my point. It's only a penalty if the ref thinks it's a clear goalscoring chance, which if he thinks red shirts might get to the ball before Windass, then it's not. I doubt they would have, but there's enough uncertainty in real time that I can see why he wouldn't give it.

Windass was in the act of shooting, its why Ball did what he did. Its a clear goalscoring opportunity by definition. Any ref would give a minimum yellow even getting it utterly wrong.

The 'no attempt' part changes a yellow to a red in the penalty area.