Lucky Rangers...

The Godfather

16 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's been an absolute cantor for them the last few years. What gets me is the plaudits aberdeen receive for failing in the most uncompetitive spl there has been in many a time. No Rangers, Hearts, Hibs for quite a time and they still looked at a distant second as a success. 

Wee bit of pressure and they will fold

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

They know the :aberdeen: were never going to be a threat to them, so no problem building them up for very little.

I think if we apply real pressure it will become very interesting to see how they cope, let's hope not very well. :1120982233_SGsmile:

Under Rodgers they have never had anyone put on a sustained challenge. They have never had to go into every game with one eye over there shoulder and needing to win. It's been a cruise.

Last season they dropped more points and currently they haven't strengthen there side.

If we can get a run of results and keep the pressure firmly on 55 is a strong possibility.

6 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

So as they don't go to Ibrox I can only assume they paid for RTV?

Heard they'd said our 1st was offside and Morelos dived for the penalty.....what an absolute pile of shite.

Also Thompson said 3rd was an arm ?, his match report would have got him sacked from sky but gets a pat on the back from the BBC for towing the party line of keeping the Rangers down, shameful.

Rode our luck a bit first half, they could have scored a few but for poor finishing/good defending.  Second half, there was only one team in it and they can thank their goalkeeper it was only 3. 

2 hours ago, El-Hadji Spit RFC said:

Steven Thompson said we deserved the win, he did say that at the end of the first half MARIBOR had several clear chances to score but that in the second half Rangers were a much better team and deserved to win the tie. All in all a fair reflection, let’s stop being the poor hard done by n just get on with it fur fucks sake!

lets Go

He also said that Maribor controlled 30 mins of the first half which is utter guff. We were in control of the first 30 mins of that half.

I've pointed out to my Mrs that it's gotten worse and really since they can't get any interviews from us, etc. BBC Scotland are a disgrace when it comes to us.  She watches the 10.30 bulletin (mainly to see the weather forecast) but Sally the Sheep's only reference to the football was a 30 sec clip of Hivs drawing 0-0 and no mention at all of us.  I didn't say a thing and she piped up "they din't mention we won tonight but they cover them drawing 0-0?"  She hadn't noticed until I said to her a couple of weeks ago and now notices all the time. 

The FACTS this week are, the three Scottish teams left in Europe all played at home this week and we were the ONLY one to record a victory, that sticks in their throats so badly. Let's hope this is the start of one monumental season that is a true GIRFUY moment. 

8 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Thompson actually said he feared for Rangers in the second half haha. 

They also came to the conclusion they had 7 chances before their fluke goal. 

Chick Young said Morelos was offside for the first, dived for the penalty and the third was a handball. 

Nowhere has anyone mentioned we’ve yet to go behind in any game we’ve played, that was Maribors first defeat to a Scottish team in 7 attempts and we were the only British team to win their tie this week. 

No they’d rather spout the brave cellic narrative, so hard done by all the time. 

I know it won’t happen cause the tarriers will fluke it next week or will almost certainly get by the Europa qualifier but I honestly hope it’s just us and Burnley in the group stages. Fuck them all

Seen earlier that was only their 2nd deafeat in their last 20 games

Many go on about the refusal of some players to stay at Rangers in 2012, but for me the betrayal of our club in the media by the likes of Steven Thompson and Derek Ferguson is much worse. What happened at Pittodrie last week was a fucking disgrace and the media's general reaction was to have a pop at Gerrard for his after match comments.

It doesn't matter if we do good,  bad or indifferent in any of our games,  the scum mhedia here will next to never write anything positive about us or our game.  

On the extremely rare occasion we get a semi decent write up,  but it usually carries snide subliminal undertones within the pieces written.  

However, I will be passed off as one of those damn paranoid supporters no doubt,  ha.  

Shame we didn't have any decent Rangers Supporting Journalists to back us up for a change;)  

The difference in reporting from the narrow minded bitter media in Scotland compared to down south is night & day. Just read this peice from the Telegraph & compare.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/10/steven-gerrard-bullish-Rangers-prospects-long-can-say-building/

22 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

I don't listen to radio Scotland or watch sportscene but reading in this thread about all those bitter cunts seethe and pain at our deserved victory last night gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. 

When we win 55 I may well listen to the cunts just to hear them absolutely spewin. 

And to witness the mother of all meltdowns of course. 

Cannot wait. 

Karma is a bitch ?

This :cup:

3 hours ago, One Jock Wallace said:

The difference in reporting from the narrow minded bitter media in Scotland compared to down south is night & day. Just read this peice from the Telegraph & compare.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/10/steven-gerrard-bullish-Rangers-prospects-long-can-say-building/

That was a decent read.  

“The players can feel the supporters right behind them. They understand what we are trying to do. We are still trying to make changes and tweaks to the squad to become even better. We won’t stand still.

“If you were a player there last night, experiencing that stadium rocking - if you’re not enjoying playing in front of that, I don’t know what you’re going to enjoy. I can feel the buzz and it is my job to build some momentum and snowball that effect.

“To do that we need to find consistency and keep churning out positive performances. It’s not always going to be up, up and up. There are going to be times when we have a bit of turbulence or we suffer, but the important thing for me is that we are all together as one, the supporters, the club, the board, the team. If everyone is together as one we can get through the good times together and the bad times"

I loved what is said about Coulibaly as well.  Still in pre season terms of fitness but knows what he has to do and has shown he is further in front than most from pre season including Gerrard himself was.  

Best is yet to come.  Looks very promising:)