Lucky Rangers...

The Godfather

For some reason they really are bitter, they do have to be impartial but I always find that when other Scottish teams are involved in Europe even if they do get the breaks they back them up with gushing comments, if we had any luck we deserved it.

You do have to wonder what will happen if hivs go out and we are still in it, will they refuse to cover our games ?

They had it advertised on their page as Rangers v Maribor but covered the hivs game, let’s face it ours was by far the biggest tie but they ingnored it.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

in fairness they did have some really good chances in the first half. We could easily have lost 2 goals. But the 2nd half there was only one team in it. The media reporting though...concentrate on the malmo  ( ?) good and Rangers bad

They did but so did we. We could easily have scored 3 goals in the first half while in second gear. At no point in that game were they all over us like the media have portrayed.

Just now, The Godfather said:

They did but so did we. We could easily have scored 3 goals in the first half while in second gear. At no point in that game were they all over us like the media have portrayed.

oh we could easily have scored 2 in the first half alone - personally i think the tie should be dead and buried by now. They did have a spell in the first half towards the last 20 mins where they did play well and knocked the ball about. I ended up glad to hear the half time whistle at 1-1-

Any coverage whatsoever from BBC Scotland is generally always of a negative nature. Any tiny compliment is given in a totally grudging manner with a very large "but" to follow it. Its as if there is an understanding that any presenter or panellist must follow this line. This all because we banned one particular reporter who had an axe to grind because of his own probably bigoted agenda. When you consider the huge number of license paying Rangers supporters this discriminates against this simply isn't on. It must be about time the supporters group took this up with BBC centrally, they surely would be shocked at this nonsense and probably eager to get it sorted now that Gerard is here.

They are a good team with CL experience, we are a team full of new personnel who are rapidly evolving in to a solid unit who are prepared to fight and play for each other. Atm I don’t expect anything other than grudging praise from the usual media outlets, who tbh I don’t pay much attention to anyway. Payback for me will be the first game we turn ‘them’ under SG, rapidly followed (I hope) by cup success and/ or 55, can say we achieved this however they like, they are an irrelevance to me...

Good post by the OP. Maribor had a10 - 15 min spell in the first half were they were dominating possession, winning their 50/50s and got their goal, but that was about it. It's a bit rich for some commentators to say we were "lucky", and if the game had ended 4-1 or 5-1 to us, nobody could have complained - even the taig scum at the BBC.