***** The Official Beasts v Rangers Match Thread*****

Orange and Blue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

At least he’s looking more likely to score now, Lafferty however doesn’t.

It would be madness to take of our striker when looking for a goal.

Watch their players diving and overreacting to every challenge.  They will wind him up, dive, anything to get him sent off.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I hope you mean opening up a bit in the second half because that's how we lost the goal.

Continuing to sit deeper and deeper in the first half and then opening up in the second half without any clear plan on how to punish celtic. Keeping Ejaria on when he clearly wants too much time on the ball. Not making a sub until close to 80 minutes. 

Absolutely nothing about his tactics or decisions today warrant praise. 

1 minute ago, DariuszAdamczuk said:

This fucking game

And it’s the managements fault not the team 

We needed to contain straight away. They were ALWAYS going to throw everything at us to try and ruin our confidence.

We got caught on the break when Jack went down. We have rode our luck too but ffs we knew this would be tough after our European match. The fact some are saying this is more pathetic than 5-0 drubbings is ludicrous. Management chose their tactics accordingly and yes we are not exactly troubling them but every player so far has stood up and been counted. The same cannot be said of the utterly spineless teams of the past.

We are going for it now at least which speaks volumes.

4 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Been said elsewhere on here but this is probably the worst performance I've seen from us in a game against the scum. As bad as anything under previous managers, really fucking brutal and we are fucking miles off them still. They've been a level above in every aspect of the entire game. We have been absolutely fucking pish. 

Three games away from home we have been done. Our league form is fucking honking.

Can't agree its the worst performance. I couldn't tell you the scores of the last 5 derby's except the 3-2 one as I've stopped watching. We were torn apart previously, how many times did they score 5 against us? The game plan might have been to ride our luck for a while and see what we can get. 13 mins to go, and we are more than capable of grabbing a goal here. 1-1 isn't a bad result. This is an early derby, really early in the season, in amongst European qualifiers which, whilst we are overhauling the squad, isn't ideal. 

Lets not over react too much here. Its an OF defeat as things stand but its different days. The derbies at Ibrox are when I will start to make my mind up.

Archived