Does tonight change our plans for tomorrow?

GOAT

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Looks like we’re signing the winger from Osijek and the defender from Forest. Does the extra money from Europe open up a bit more money for maybe one extra?  I reckon  we could use a good attacking midfielder now that can unlock spaces and get us goals from outside the box.   Or do you think no matter what that will be our only two signings.

Rumours still doing the rounds about Solanke mate 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Looks like we’re signing the winger from Osijek and the defender from Forest. Does the extra money from Europe open up a bit more money for maybe one extra?  I reckon  we could use a good attacking midfielder now that can unlock spaces and get us goals from outside the box.   Or do you think no matter what that will be our only two signings.

At the very least it puts us in a much stronger position (both financially and as destination for players) which might make it easier to secure certain players beyond their loan deals(Coulibally), or extend their loans(Ejaria). 

And whilst we can resent being used a stepping stone, at this moment, we are where we are and tonight certainly makes us more attractive as a club for developing talent like Ejaria, Kent etc.

I imagine top clubs will now be seriously looking at Rangers as a great place for loaning really strong, emerging talent.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Would be a pointless signing imo. We don't need a striker. Creative midfielder is a stick on for if we have 1 more signing to make

He can play CAM and we've still not replaced Windass. I would be delighted if we got him.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He can play CAM and we've still not replaced Windass. I would be delighted if we got him.

He's not a CAM though, and we play a straight 3 in midfield, we need a creative central midfielder, not Solanke who I think is overrated anyway.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

think we are done.... not enough time to get another deal done

Plenty of time. 

Deadline day wouldn't be the big thing that it's been for the past decade or two if there wasn't. 

I think we'll bring in one or two more, apart from the ones we know are close. 

We'll need it now with the 15 extra games we'll have this season. 

Just now, Broxi said:

He's not a CAM though, and we play a straight 3 in midfield, we need a creative central midfielder, not Solanke who I think is overrated anyway.

It's a long season, and if Solanke is available it would be madness not to look at him. I would take a creative mid aswell right enough. 

See for me a goal scoring, goal creating attacking midfielder is the difference between this squad making up the numbers in this group stage and maybe going into Europe past Christmas and competing on all fronts in Scotland aswell. 

13 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Plenty of time. 

Deadline day wouldn't be the big thing that it's been for the past decade or two if there wasn't. 

I think we'll bring in one or two more, apart from the ones we know are close. 

We'll need it now with the 15 extra games we'll have this season. 

I think you are absolutely correct.

Wonderful that we have managed to qualify ( frankly against all the odds stacked against us in May ) but, Heh Hoh, now SG :1120982233_SGsmile:and the board have a little bit of leeway to boost the squad given the huge pressures on the squad which we will now face having qualified for the group stage whilst motoring towards 55 ! 

Exciting times ahead !