Europa League public sale?

50ShadesofBlue

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Considering how much money fans pump into the club I think people have the right to challenge prices if they feel they want to.

Of course there will always be people willing to pay it, but you don't know one fans financial situation compared to the next.

If someone has already forked out for two/three season tickets for them and their family, showing commitment week in week out, they might feel aggrieved if they're not able to afford the European packages for them and their kids. 

I understand your point but think you need to show a tad more compassion towards fellow Rangers fans is needed here mate. 

Agree, mate. Thing is it comes down to supply and demand - and it will sell out, with people still clamouring for tickets. In reality the club could probably charge £150 and still sell out, it would just get them negative publicity. 

Just now, Gazzasleftfoot said:

Agree, mate. Thing is it comes down to supply and demand - and it will sell out, with people still clamouring for tickets. In reality the club could probably charge £150 and still sell out, it would just get them negative publicity. 

Yes I agree but I'm not arguing this point pal, I think the club should maximise profits but fans are entitled to be dissapointed at prices if they've already forked out monies and shouldn't be called 'cunts' for doing so :tu:.

I think every fan on here no matter where they live in the world would love to be able to afford to attend every game, but not everyone has that luxury. 

19 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not really 35 quid a ticket is hardly extortionate? compare that to EPL prices etc some just like an excuse to moan, have a go at ticket prices while thinking nothing of getting a gram and having an all day sesh in the boozer.

We don't play in the EPL mate. We play in the 24th placed league in Europe. It's like the missus justifying a £200 pair of shoes from Debenhams by pointing out that Harvey Nichols sell shoes for 2 grand.

20 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

This is where my seat in Bar 72 pays off. Can understand why some fans aren't too happy at the prices, but I also understand that the club need to make sure they're maximising profit on this.

Does bar72 include Europa league games mate? My mate has it and was unsure. If it does over the season their can't be much of a difference between Europe, cup games and friendlies from a normal season ticket? deffo worth it overall I think

19 minutes ago, FSM said:

We don't play in the EPL mate. We play in the 24th placed league in Europe. It's like the missus justifying a £200 pair of shoes from Debenhams by pointing out that Harvey Nichols sell shoes for 2 grand.

I still don’t think 35 quid is steep tbh what exactly does 35 quid get you these days not a lot, you’re paying for a better product and not to watch the usual SPL dross park the bus, money well spent in my book.

18 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Does bar72 include Europa league games mate? My mate has it and was unsure. If it does over the season their can't be much of a difference between Europe, cup games and friendlies from a normal season ticket? deffo worth it overall I think

It includes every home game mate. League, cups, friendlies and European games. If you get a good run in the cups and in Europe then it's a good investment. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Bought 3 game package and I’ll be lucky to make 1 of them due to working away, not bothered as long as money is going into club that’s the main thing. 

I.m sure you can find a taker for those 2 games you cant attend. I was going to try for a single ticket but suppose i will have to wait until the public 3 game packages have been sold and probably if i.m lucky get 1 game with restricted view.

5 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I.m sure you can find a taker for those 2 games you cant attend. I was going to try for a single ticket but suppose i will have to wait until the public 3 game packages have been sold and probably if i.m lucky get 1 game with restricted view.

Aye my ticket won’t go to waste, usually just give my mate it he’s had a good run this year I’ve only been twice ??

4 hours ago, Sket said:

We are the lifeblood of the club.

If you feel that aggrieved by it then don't pay it. Someone else will.

I think you’ve missed my point entirely.

I am saying that there is a limit- somewhere. That limit is going to be different for different people depending on circumstances. As it happens I didn’t feel so aggrieved that I didn’t buy them- but at some point it will have become too expansive for me.

Quite honestly, if you tell me that if they had put the prices up to, say, £120 that someone else would buy my seat if I didn’t? I doubt that.

10 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I think you’ve missed my point entirely.

I am saying that there is a limit- somewhere. That limit is going to be different for different people depending on circumstances. As it happens I didn’t feel so aggrieved that I didn’t buy them- but at some point it will have become too expansive for me.

Quite honestly, if you tell me that if they had put the prices up to, say, £120 that someone else would buy my seat if I didn’t? I doubt that.

Absolutely they would. Christ people are paying upwards of a grand for a day trip.

As I said,these games will sell out regardless of the price (when I say regardless I mean within reason)

£40 a game here is well within reason imo.

4 minutes ago, Sket said:

Absolutely they would. Christ people are paying upwards of a grand for a day trip.

As I said,these games will sell out regardless of the price (when I say regardless I mean within reason)

£40 a game here is well within reason imo.

Perhaps your right- I think that day trips are a bit different given that it’s mostly going away. My opinion sadly is that the prices for these games are verging on too much, and if I didn’t pay it and someone else did, fair play to them. :tu:

I thought it was slightly expensive - and extremely badly marketed. Charge £99 a package tops and you have ducked under the magic 3 digits and people perceive it to be less expensive. I felt over that and it was ripping it a bit. 

This booking fee thing also seems antiquated in this day and age.

17 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Perhaps your right- I think that day trips are a bit different given that it’s mostly going away. My opinion sadly is that the prices for these games are verging on too much, and if I didn’t pay it and someone else did, fair play to them. :tu:

It is what it is I guess,if they were £30 a ticket you would still get someone saying it's too much.

The way I look at it is similar to how supporters clubs run imo. ST holders package is slightly cheaper than a package for non season ticket holders. On a supporters bus,members will generally pay whatever it is for their membership etc and non members who wish to travel on the bus pay a bit more.

45 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I thought it was slightly expensive - and extremely badly marketed. Charge £99 a package tops and you have ducked under the magic 3 digits and people perceive it to be less expensive. I felt over that and it was ripping it a bit. 

This booking fee thing also seems antiquated in this day and age.

I'm honestly surprised the club didn't go with this. I get that £6 difference equates to a few hundred grand, but there'd be far less anger over prices had they went from that, and the club would still have brought in millions. 

2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

I'm honestly surprised the club didn't go with this. I get that £6 difference equates to a few hundred grand, but there'd be far less anger over prices had they went from that, and the club would still have brought in millions. 

and its still not exactly cheap...

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I think the club should be maximising revenue from this I we think it’ll be a sell out at this price then that’s all that matters,  we’ve been running at a loss the last few seasons so we need to maximise any revenue streams we can, I’m not bothered about the price if it results in a better product on the park 

Well when the boardroom can get the club running to maximise its revenue outwith ticket sales then you might have a point, but to simply hammer the fans and every opportunity because they now we will cough up is taking the piss. 

And you can shove your shit about don’t pay if you don’t like it. 

Where do you draw the line? 

If we progressed through the Europa League and met that lot in the last 16, we could charge 100 quid a ticket and it would probably sell out? Does that make it ok?

Just because we sell out a match doesn't make the price fair or right.

9 hours ago, TheQueensEleven said:

This is where my seat in Bar 72 pays off. Can understand why some fans aren't too happy at the prices, but I also understand that the club need to make sure they're maximising profit on this.

How much mate if you don't mind me asking? Someone told me they're a grand a piece that true?