Steven Gerrards Rangers

RFC55

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It's the away form we are having an issue with not the home form.

I don't see Hearts being an issue on Sunday and especially after last night. It's when Gerrard decides to rotate the squad again for the away games 

Yeah I know what you're saying. 

Away form is the worry, I just hope they can get it together and SG uses the formation that suits our team or train the team to suit every formation.  Artificial pitches are a definite nightmare for us so far though.  

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Anyone know how much cash has come in because of the Europa run so far? 

So far I think just shy of FIVE MILLION EUROS (4,980,000)  Maybe more when TV bonus is added, whatever that is.  

Europa League Prize Money

Preliminary round: €220,000

First qualifying round: €240,000

Second qualifying round: €260,000

Third qualifying round: €280,000

Play-off round elimination: €300,000

Base fee for group stage: €2,920,000

Group match victory: €570,000

Group match draw: €190,000

Group winners: €1,000,000

Group runners-up: €500,000

Round of 32: €500,000

Round of 16: €1,100,000

Quarter-finals: €1,500,000

Semi-finals: €2,400,000

Losing finalist: €4,500,000

Winners: €8,500,000

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

To think one more game in that comp could of seen us champions of europe, 10 games in this season and we're not even half way through the groups.

Yup. If it wasn't for a bent ref we'd have got that "one more game" and the opportunity we deserved.

1 hour ago, Misteral said:

So far I think just shy of FIVE MILLION EUROS (4,980,000)  Maybe more when TV bonus is added, whatever that is.  

Europa League Prize Money

Preliminary round: €220,000

First qualifying round: €240,000

Second qualifying round: €260,000

Third qualifying round: €280,000

Play-off round elimination: €300,000

Base fee for group stage: €2,920,000

Group match victory: €570,000

Group match draw: €190,000

Group winners: €1,000,000

Group runners-up: €500,000

Round of 32: €500,000

Round of 16: €1,100,000

Quarter-finals: €1,500,000

Semi-finals: €2,400,000

Losing finalist: €4,500,000

Winners: €8,500,000

Add In gate money and it will be near 11

still can't get over the thought that steven gerrard is our manager. what he's done so far is incredible. 

i genuinely think the board have struck gold getting him appointed. he's a world famous and iconic player which no doubt gets more people talking about us in a world where most people are only interested in english/spanish football. this is his first management job and just look at our european performance! if you'd have told me we'd be not only be in the group stages but sitting at the top of our group then i'd have laughed at you. i went into this season just hoping we'd not get pumped out at the first round after that showing up by Progres but here we are...

after all the shite we've been through and with these kind of performances out of a new team you can't really blame us for being optimistic and positive but i think gerrard might end up being one of the most famous managers in the world. the reality is we're likely just a stepping stone for him before he moves on to Liverpool and elsewhere. if things keep going as they are then the club seriously needs to look at giving him a longer contract. either way whatever happens we should just enjoy whatever time he has with us. there's something special about him... not as just a player but a manager. he's already showing up his Liverpool manager by performing better in europe ??

6 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Equal the previous Scottish club record of 10 games without defeat in European competition set by Walter smiths Rangers 

One more game and this team will make a little bit of history. Not bad at all.

Now get that away form.sorted and we might be on to something special 

It may sound daft but didnt le guen have like 8 undefeated and then smith made it 9 before a loss away in spain? That was a good record gor plg given how rotten he was (he might have actually had a better league record so far than gerrard lol) 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It may sound daft but didnt le guen have like 8 undefeated and then smith made it 9 before a loss away in spain? That was a good record gor plg given how rotten he was (he might have actually had a better league record so far than gerrard lol) 

Did we not lose in Israel before Osasuna?

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think he may have mate. We didn't lose in the group and I don't recall a qualifier defeat either 

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

Who?

Dickie

Bluebeak55

First Team

2,310 posts

Posted Sunday at 20:23

This is our best ever chance of stopping the scum but we are totally fucking it up. Halliday,Kent and middleton were all stand outs this week but nowhere to be seen today and that wee fuck of a centre forward is nothing but a liability but you can all keep on believing that gerrard is the answer to all our problems. 

10 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Team's only been together 15-16weeks and when we get performances like last night it's hard to stay grounded. At home we will wipe the floor with most this season

4 months is quite incredible. Certainly beyond where I thought we would be at this point. 

My only concern is that we still struggle to make chances against teams who sit in and try to catch us on the break. Think we need a couple of players who can produce a wee bit of magic in these games when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball.