Not making changes in games

.Williamson.

2 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Totally agree.

The midfield were in major trouble. The first time Coulibaly had played more than 70 minutes for months and the first time Rossiter had played more than 60 minutes in two years.

Nearly cost us, would like to hear his thinking behind that. Especially when his thought process for taking off Katic (I assume) was because he hasn't played 90 minutes for a few weeks. 

I thought Halliday remaining on the field when it appeared he had hamstring issues was absurd and all 

17 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Totally agree.

The midfield were in major trouble. The first time Coulibaly had played more than 70 minutes for months and the first time Rossiter had played more than 60 minutes in two years.

Nearly cost us, would like to hear his thinking behind that. Especially when his thought process for taking off Katic (I assume) was because he hasn't played 90 minutes for a few weeks. 

Because Katic had forgot how to play football 

19 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Totally agree.

Took katic off cause he was fucking shocking tbh 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

The game is 90 minutes and we got there in the end.

Can totally understand not making subs too early playing on that pitch, use all the subs then someone gets an injury and we're fucked.

Think games like rapid must come into his thinking too , I was raging at not making subs then 5 mins later we are winning so can understand him waiting 

6 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Think games like rapid must come into his thinking too , I was raging at not making subs then 5 mins later we are winning so can understand him waiting 

We got caught out earlier in the season against St Mirren I think? After having using all our subs, Coulibaly got a sore one and had to play on, he ended up out for a while after that.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The game is 90 minutes and we got there in the end.

Can totally understand not making subs too early playing on that pitch, use all the subs then someone gets an injury and we're fucked.

Sorry mate but how do you explain the Rapid game when he made his first sub on the 90th when in reality it was crying out for one only for a penalty to cover that fact 

I understood why he didn’t make a change against Rapid because no one deserved to go off, we were overall playing well just not getting that break we needed 

Days like today when we were rotten he simply must make changes, McCrorie for Rossiter probably should’ve happened about the 60 odd minute mark and probably Candeias for one of Middleton or Grezda. 

48 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I thought Halliday remaining on the field when it appeared he had hamstring issues was absurd and all 

That baffled me. He was still stretching and working on it for a few minutes after he was back on. It could have got worse and we’d be another squad member down for a few weeks, when it would have been totally avoidable.

Do yous think its a lack of confidence for his subs by Gerrard which makes him hesitant to change things or is it that he just doesn't see where and when the change needs to be made?

I think its something that will be fixed and is just a symptom of him being new at the job

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Sorry mate but how do you explain the Rapid game when he made his first sub on the 90th when in reality it was crying out for one only for a penalty to cover that fact 

I can't explain it mate, I see where you are coming from but I reckon that's why he did it today, to avoid the situation of someone being injured and having no subs left to replace him.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This not making subs thing when they are clearly needed is an issue. 

Only so long before results stop covering the fact that Gerrard seems unable to decide what changes he needs to make to impact a game. 

Very lucky today 

St said as much during the post match interview, said he wasn't happy blaming the players and himself