Andy Halliday

Redwhiteandblue

25 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fucksakes, our standards have fallen when we talk about Halliday being worthy. That’s nice that he’s one of us, but he’s not good enough. We need to raise the bar on some of these players including the loanees. Looks like Ejaria, Coulibaly have hit a wall and there’s nothing left in the tank. Let’s not forget Lafferty. Total waste of a wage. Higher quality required. 

Your not understanding my arguement. People need to be realistic. Ejaria, Coulibally, Rossiter, Mccrorie are not good enough. On performances so far this season i would keep Halliday, Dorrans and Jack. It might well be a sign of how far we have fallen, but do you expect us to go out and sign 6 brand new centre midfielders who are going to be playing and cover every week? We've signed about 20 in the last 5 seasons and very few are even contenders for a match day squad. Youve got to be realistic.

3 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Your not understanding my arguement. People need to be realistic. Ejaria, Coulibally, Rossiter, Mccrorie are not good enough. On performances so far this season i would keep Halliday, Dorrans and Jack. It might well be a sign of how far we have fallen, but do you expect us to go out and sign 6 brand new centre midfielders who are going to be playing and cover every week? We've signed about 20 in the last 5 seasons and very few are even contenders for a match day squad. Youve got to be realistic.

Maybe my standards are just too high. All the players you mentioned are not good enough. Rossiter constantly has injury problems, Dorrans, injury and fuck knows when he might be back, and when he comes back not sure if he will do a job for us. Jack is a fucking timebomb for a sending off. Yes we need to be realistic as we can’t weed them all out at once, but how much money could we get for this bunch? Very little imo. That shows how much quality we have. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Maybe my standards are just too high. All the players you mentioned are not good enough. Rossiter constantly has injury problems, Dorrans, injury and fuck knows when he might be back, and when he comes back not sure if he will do a job for us. Jack is a fucking timebomb for a sending off. Yes we need to be realistic as we can’t weed them all out at once, but how much money could we get for this bunch? Very little imo. That shows how much quality we have. 

Exactly my point mate. We don't have the money to go out and sign 3 new CM who are going to walk into the team, as well as cover. These players are not the high quality we where used to in days gone by, but its the reality now. If we are looking at signing midfielders then some of these players will be required for cover. 

Halliday, Holt, Zelalam, Docherty, Barton, Rossiter, Krankjar, Crooks, Hyndman, Toral, Jack, Dorrans, Pena, Coulibally, Ejaria

We dont have a great record of signing Centre Midfielders either.

So now people think standards have fallen because other people think Halliday is good enough to play a role within the squad? 

Do people just choose to ignore that players who were worse than he is played roles in some of our most successful squads? :lol:

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So now people think standards have fallen because other people think Halliday is good enough to play a role within the squad? 

Do people just choose to ignore that players who were worse than he is played roles in some of our most successful squads? :lol:

We won leagues with a lot worse players. People seem to forget that.

6 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

We won leagues with a lot worse players. People seem to forget that.

People come with this how many of our current squad would get into a title winning squad while forgetting that Gregg Wylde was the first choice left winger the last time we won the league.

The difference at the moment isnt the squad players, it’s the big players. We don’t have a Jelavic, Bougherra or Davis. That’s what we need.

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He was poor yesterday besides the goal.

He is not good enough to be a starter in a title winning side.

He really wasn’t poor at all. Dundee directly targetted his side with long balls and bar one getting in behind him he won every header and cleared every ball

2 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

He'd just scored what will go down as one of the goals of his career. He is playing for his boyhood club and relishing every minute in a Rangers shirt.

Fair fucking play to him imo.

I was joking.His goal was a peach.

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

Unreal the amount of people think this the first time Halliday has been decent , albeit the championship but he was excellent his first season bossing celtic in the semi final win along the way 

People have slated him so much mate they don't want to go back on there word. That's the real reason:lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

People come with this how many of our current squad would get into a title winning squad while forgetting that Gregg Wylde was the first choice left winger the last time we won the league.

The difference at the moment isnt the squad players, it’s the big players. We don’t have a Jelavic, Bougherra or Davis. That’s what we need.

We won a league title in a season bob malcom played 33 games.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Squad player who should only play when all other options are a bust. 

Sad to say but it’s the truth, if we have our 11 best fit Halliday isn’t even close to that team. 

You can't deny that mate. But he stepped up and done a job at LB when required and performed a lot better than the cover we brought in for both flanks at the start of the season. Has played equally as good when required in the middle. Its an absolute myth that hes not good enough to be a squad player.

2 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

You can't deny that mate. But he stepped up and done a job at LB when required and performed a lot better than the cover we brought in for both flanks at the start of the season. Has played equally as good when required in the middle. Its an absolute myth that hes not good enough to be a squad player.

Agreed mate, he’s the squad player every club needs. 

The trouble starts when he has to play far more games than he should and folk are talking about him actually starting on a regular basis. 

17 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

He was shaking his head as he went into the dugout after being subbed. I hope this isn’t the start of a larger problem. I think his substitution was wrong (unless he had a knock) but he has to accept it, and score another the next match he plays 😁

He had an ice pack on his thigh after he was substituted, so he had a knock.