Kyle Lafferty

2 minutes ago, 1690KWilliam said:

Fuck sake some people on here. Alot of matches Gerrard is throwing him on for 5 or 10 minutes. He needs more regular match time to make an impact. 

He's played about 150 games for us. I would say that is enough to form an opinion on a player.

I think we should try 442 and have Grezda or Kent off Morelos. We don't need Jack and Coulibaly in the same midfield. 

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic 

Candeias Arfield Jack Kent

Morelos Grezda 

And to be honest Jack doesn't do it for me either he's a nothing player. I'd have Rossiter in if he's fit now he's more talented 

43 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

4 minutes at the end, 2 minutes at half time.

Shinnie (I think) was down for about 5 and the keeper was time wasting constantly from the first whistle.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway, we could still be playing now and not have scored.

True but another example of double standards and shite refereeing for me 

I’m not a big Lafferty fan, but he has a chance to prove his critics wrong in the next two games where he should play for 90 mins in each of them, he is definitely a better player than he was 1st time round he hasn’t had the chance to prove it in my opinion.

I honestly think we bought him  to fuck Hearts chances of doing anything this year, he was their talisman, then when you put him in a squad such as ours he looks bang average.

we need a 25/30 goals a season striker to challenge Morelos for his spot I just doubt we’ll get that in January.

11 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I’m not a big Lafferty fan, but he has a chance to prove his critics wrong in the next two games where he should play for 90 mins in each of them, he is definitely a better player than he was 1st time round he hasn’t had the chance to prove it in my opinion.

I honestly think we bought him  to fuck Hearts chances of doing anything this year, he was their talisman, then when you put him in a squad such as ours he looks bang average.

we need a 25/30 goals a season striker to challenge Morelos for his spot I just doubt we’ll get that in January.

Why?

Criticism of Lafferty is a bit harsh. We have an over-reliance of goal threats coming in from the wings. Dolly have snuffed this threat out twice with ease. Neither Morelos nor Lafferty will last a game (for differing reasons) by having to double up as attacking midfielders. 

Our strikers need way more support from a mediocre midfield that neither attacks nor defends well. 

11 minutes ago, Drum said:

Criticism of Lafferty is a bit harsh. We have an over-reliance of goal threats coming in from the wings. Dolly have snuffed this threat out twice with ease. Neither Morelos nor Lafferty will last a game (for differing reasons) by having to double up as attacking midfielders. 

Our strikers need way more support from a mediocre midfield that neither attacks nor defends well. 

It's not harsh it's generous.