Kyle Lafferty

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

This donkey must have played well over 100 games for us yet I'm still none the wiser as to what kind of player he is meant to be or what positive influence he has on a team?

He's not a target man because even though he's massive he's really weak and his touch is awful. He isn't a goal scorer. He doesn't offer a threat in behind. He occasionally like last night runs about like an absolute lunatic closing players down but all he does is give fouls away.

Sadiq got slaughtered for his performance against the sheep but Lafferty's had more minutes last night and against Livingston and been even worse.

Awful footballer.

He can score against celtic but... :sarcasm:

We'd have been better keeping Herrera if we needed a useless targetman. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

This donkey must have played well over 100 games for us yet I'm still none the wiser as to what kind of player he is meant to be or what positive influence he has on a team?

He's not a target man because even though he's massive he's really weak and his touch is awful. He isn't a goal scorer. He doesn't offer a threat in behind. He occasionally like last night runs about like an absolute lunatic closing players down but all he does is give fouls away.

Sadiq got slaughtered for his performance against the sheep but Lafferty's had more minutes last night and against Livingston and been even worse.

Awful footballer.

The issue now is we need to rely on him for the next 2 league games with morelos suspended. 

He's not been great, again, but he has shown his limited strengths, even again last night.

Play ball to him, ball sticks better to him than it did to Morelos, lay offs to the side then he spins into the space behind his marker. He's decent at pacy one twos and drive into the box and getting shots off.

He's shown previously that he can move at pace and be direct with the ball at his feet.

Ok I'm maybe looking for positives, but for at least 2 games he's all we've got. As he showed previously for us and NI, and even for Hearts more recently he is capable of scoring. Now's got to be his time to deliver.

22 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He occasionally like last night runs about like an absolute lunatic closing players down but all he does is give fouls away.

Not only this, but he then spends a couple of minutes arguing with the ref about it, gets booked, and wastes time which we’re desperately short of while chasing the game.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Not only this, but he then spends a couple of minutes arguing with the ref about it, gets booked, and wastes time which we’re desperately short of while chasing the game.

Haven't seen it back but thought last night he was lucky to stay on for grabbing the ref after Morelos got sent off.

8 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Yeah until January he is going to get the nod when AM out unless SG gives a younger lad a chance but I highly doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Can’t see it when lafferty is fit he’s 2nd choice striker if not we would have seen a younger lad on bench by now.

We have young striker Andy Dallas scoring in the reserve regularly. But I don't see manager turning to him. 

He's going to go with lafferty.

We need a couple of big games from him. As someone posted previously, he’s capable of a great goal or 2 but he’s not a great poacher. He also has to be a bit more savvy against central defenders. Almost every time he goes up for a high ball he gives away a free kick.

This is his chance to make himself a hero. I can’t see anyone else being given a chance in the next 2 games so come take fuck Kyle.  Earn your wages. I do think on his day he’s a handful for the opposition, so I’m quietly confident he an do us a turn. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

How many minutes overall were added by McLean last night ?

I reckon there was at least 8/9 in delays 

4 minutes at the end, 2 minutes at half time.

Shinnie (I think) was down for about 5 and the keeper was time wasting constantly from the first whistle.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway, we could still be playing now and not have scored.

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

He isn't very good but the service to him last night was virtually non existent. Time and again he was signalling for the ball to be played into him and time and again we went backwards/sideways.

This, not a lot he can do when we spend the whole match passing between the centre backs and then lofting useless balls miles away from anyone. Had one decent turn and shot with just about the only half decent ball he was given.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

How many minutes overall were added by McLean last night ?

I reckon there was at least 8/9 in delays 

2 on the 1st half despite delays of at least double that.

We could still be playing now though without scoring. Side to side to side to side. Even if Aberdeen were back up the road.