Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

The midfield today are not creative enough Halliday is ok as emergency back up but not midfield, looks lost going forward , plays too many side or back passes. Coulibaly is just a terrible footballer, McCrorie is never a creating midfielder , Grezda has had enough chances . Arfield ,Dorrans and Jack are missed badly. So today we dodged a bullet with the players Stevie has available . 

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I’m glad we don’t have a manager insulting our intelligence by saying we had a wonderful 2nd half and got the 3 points 

Gerrard has said from day one he will be an honest manager who says it how he sees it and he’s been true to his word whenever I’ve heard him, if any players in our team don’t like it then they should try not to give him the ammunition 

our club has been crying out for a manager like that, I can only imagine what a Walter Smith post match interview would be like after watching what Gerrard had to endure today. I hope he was throttling players in the dressing room at half time but that’s probably too good to be true

Whilst I fully agree, he needs to find a way of getting the players to consistently do what he wants, or very soon chase those who can't.

It's alright hearing an honest assessment, but its happening far too often due to failings. We need to stop hearing them, which will only happen when the players are delivering.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Whilst I fully agree, he needs to find a way of getting the players to consistently do what he wants, or very soon chase those who can't.

It's alright hearing an honest assessment, but its happening far too often due to failings. We need to stop hearing them, which will only happen when the players are delivering.

If they can’t deliver they will be gone and replaced with ones that can hopefully. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I Can’t see him putting up with it, more so when he gives a post match interview like that, he’s not playing mind games, it’s too honest an assessment it’s a warning to the players for the public to see that he means business run with him or jog on more or less

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Tweaked his hamstring against hibs on wednesday was never going to be risked for this game. Very worrying how poor we can become in midfield without him being there.

And Ryan Jack  two midfielders on form and first picks, big misses.

The rhebels unsurprising take....

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard accused of being 'disrespectful' by opposition fans. The Ibrox manager's comments following the win drew criticism from opposition supporters.  

Steven Gerrard has been accused of being disrespectful to Scottish football after comments made following his side's win over St Johnstone.

The Rangers boss was angry at how his team performed in the 2-1 win at McDiarmid Park. Gerrard was especially critical of the first half showing but it was his post match interview which drew criticism from opposition supporters.

Speaking about the game, he told BT Sport: "I let my feelings be known very clear at half time and made some changes to the eleven and to be fair to the players they played with a bit more belief, bravery, more character and they've gone out and played like Rangers players in the second half and turned it around. "But we shouldn't have to work that hard at places like this, with all due respect."

And fans believe that he showed a lack of respect for St Johnstone as well as the rest of the league with his comments.

BBC pundit Michael Stewart was also critical and said: "Gerrard takes huge credit for what he is doing with his Rangers team, but there is no need to come out with comments like this. "Showing hunger and desire doesn't need to come at expense of humility and respect for opponents."

But Rangers fans were quick to defend their man, and even had an unlikely ally in celtic legend Chris Sutton. The Record Sport columnist took to Twitter to reply to Stewart: "We want managers to be honest post match so I don't see your point. Steven Gerrard wasn't talking St Johnstone down, he was making the point that Rangers should be beating St Johnstone. And they should."

Michael Stewart fucking hates us. The tweets which haven't copied over are hilarious. How much are the haters hurting 😂😂😂

He has had one transfer window, so he has had to go with that and what he inherited along with loans of which imo only Kent is any good, add to that an injury list comprising a good few first picks so all in all an excellent European run and still in the league mix after such huge turmoil is just fine.

Steven Gerrard will get it right I have no doubt about that and I have zero problem with his honesty and calling it as he (and us) see it.

58 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard accused of being 'disrespectful' by opposition fans. The Ibrox manager's comments following the win drew criticism from opposition supporters.  

Steven Gerrard has been accused of being disrespectful to Scottish football after comments made following his side's win over St Johnstone.

The Rangers boss was angry at how his team performed in the 2-1 win at McDiarmid Park. Gerrard was especially critical of the first half showing but it was his post match interview which drew criticism from opposition supporters.

Speaking about the game, he told BT Sport: "I let my feelings be known very clear at half time and made some changes to the eleven and to be fair to the players they played with a bit more belief, bravery, more character and they've gone out and played like Rangers players in the second half and turned it around. "But we shouldn't have to work that hard at places like this, with all due respect."

And fans believe that he showed a lack of respect for St Johnstone as well as the rest of the league with his comments.

BBC pundit Michael Stewart was also critical and said: "Gerrard takes huge credit for what he is doing with his Rangers team, but there is no need to come out with comments like this. "Showing hunger and desire doesn't need to come at expense of humility and respect for opponents."

But Rangers fans were quick to defend their man, and even had an unlikely ally in celtic legend Chris Sutton. The Record Sport columnist took to Twitter to reply to Stewart: "We want managers to be honest post match so I don't see your point. Steven Gerrard wasn't talking St Johnstone down, he was making the point that Rangers should be beating St Johnstone. And they should."

Michael Stewart fucking hates us. The tweets which haven't copied over are hilarious. How much are the haters hurting 😂😂😂

Wankers.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Stewart is the snowflakes snowflake, who also happens to hate us! He's an idiot. Even Sutton think's he's an idiot!

The key word in Gerrard's comment was 'that' which everyone has deliberately missed. He said we shouldn't have to work THAT hard. NOT work hard. And he is right. We made that far more difficult than it needed to be.

Stewart on Twitter then cited Gerrard's comments after the first game away to the sheep. Gerrard was clearly stating we were a class above them on the day, which we were. However if anyone was in ANY doubt, Gerrard has since clarified his comments on several occasions confirming he meant we were a class above them on THAT day. Everyone who watched the game will agree. That's not even going into all Stewart's biomechanics nonsense and general other pish! He tries to be an intellectual type of twitter when he's talking about politics but he's a complete moron.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

image.thumb.png.f1eb6f6bf6cf30c64f1af5a004ae62bf.png

Bawbag stewart always reminds me of Mad

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Too often though too many players don't deliver what he wants,and it's often the majority rather than odd one or two. He needs to look at why that is and sort it out. Quickly.

Either he's just not capable of lifting them and getting performances out them, or they're simply not good enough and he needs to address it urgently come the window.

If he can't, won't or doesnt fix it so that they deliver on his instructions, he'll be the one it'll cost. I really like listening to him, but it can't just be words, it needs to be acted upon so we're not continually chasing games or dropping points.

1. He's still learning the craft. He does things his own way and does not emulate too much, so he's really building his own philosophy and approach. I think that is a great quality and will make him a great manager, hopefully sooner rather than later but I'm optimistic he'll hit his stride.

2.  He's still building the squad, some of these players might not make the grade or be suitable. Personally I am reserving judgement on that because players can also hit their stride even if they look dire at times.

8 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Whats wrong with Arfield? I know his ban is obviously over, but I haven't heard anything about him being injured. We badly need him back in the side. Hopefully Wallace can find the form we know he had. He's been out for a long time though, 2 years I think. So will need to get his match sharpness up quick. We can't have a shite right back playing there while Barasic is out AGAIN. Hopefully he isn't another Rossiter...

Arfield should be definitely in,Wallace should be definitely out👍

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If it was as easy as that we'd have chased practically a full team and recouped half a good teams wages in return👍

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt Coulibaly worries about fuck all. He just doesn't give a fuck and he should get to fuck. Get an honest player in their who gives his all. McCrory and Arfield for me.in the middle of the park.

Coulibaly is lacking confidence but I don't doubt his effort for a second. He will get back to the player he was with time. You will be apologising to him by Feb

1 hour ago, GrandSuckMaster said:

Coulibaly is lacking confidence but I don't doubt his effort for a second. He will get back to the player he was with time. You will be apologising to him by Feb

Time. 

A precious thing that Rangers fans rarely dispense. 

Scottish football is a unique sport. I think so many people dismiss the game up here as easy. I think Warburton and Caixinha totally under estimated how difficult it is. 

I also think Gerrard probably didn’t appreciate it. But he is learning. He brought in so many players because he had to. The junk that the fore mentioned hapless couple left behind needed ripped out. But Gerrard was no different from them in so far as he had to do a big recruitment before actually learning the Scottish game. 

Now he is seeing the game for what it is, well organized, well drilled, very ordinary players who continuously play the game of their lives in order to get one over the big bad Rangers either because they hate us or because they want a move to us. 

Added to the fact that there is probably no other team in British football whose fans expect, nay demand, a win every single game. Irrespective of opposition. Irrespective of budgets. Our fans demand the win. 

We have the second biggest budget in the country. We should be beating the likes of St Johnstone, and we did. Gerrard has the same high standards and he understands the expectations and shares them. This guy will get us back to the top, he will undoubtedly learn a few lessons on the way and there will be big bumps in the road and certainly a few of his signings won’t make it

but ultimately, probably not this season but next season I believe he will win us the 55 and because of that belief I will allow him his mistakes, I will forgive him his stumbles and I hope as a support we back him.