Official: Steven Davis Returns

Broxi

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

It’s cringey as fuck av got crackpots tellin me on twitter he ‘forced Southampton to pay us’ 😂 don’t even know where to start.

Aye cause if Southampton hadn’t paid that money he would have stayed....

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Darren Bent, Joe Cole and a few others were playing up until very recently.

My point was that people are excited by Defoe and Davis because of what they've done in the past, it's yet to be seen whether they can still do it now. 

Brown's performance against us last week is an example of once your time's up it's up. 

Brown's never been a good footballer against teams that will constantly press them. 

Let them have the ball for 90 mins and he'll stroll it, same as most dm's would. 

The 0-0 old firm last year at the end of December round about the time he was praised as getting back to his best, he was awful because we pressed high. 

Same in about every European game they've played, every game he's played for Scotland and the semi that Warburtons squad bossed them. 

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt.

cunts paid us a pish fee to avoid a tribunal and allow him to play straight away. 

FA8F51C2-FD00-4FD9-9338-0E0249F76085.png

Rangers chief executive Green also expressed his satisfaction that a deal had been reached, telling Rangers' official website: "I am delighted that we have agreed terms over the transfer of Steven Davis.

"Southampton have acted in good faith during the process.

"We wish them every success and they have signed a player who will undoubtedly make a great contribution to their club - just as he did at Ibrox."

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I believe Defoe in particular keeps himself very fit and the Scottish league is a major step down from the EPL, I worry more about Defoe's ankle injury.  Find it hard to get excited about Davis though his experience could prove to be an asset & help our younger players.  

I hope both show that they're still a cut above the best our league has to offer.

But that's what it is - hope based on how good they used to be. The way folk are getting on, with Defoe more so than Davis, is that his signing is guaranteeing we're winning the league. He's done fuck all in absolutely ages in football terms now.

We have all read the same book multiple times now on one-time 'elite' players who underestimate the pace and intensity of the game up here and end up embarrassing themselves.

I'm certain Defoe and Davis can stroll it at Ibrox at home against the bottom six, but I'll wait until I've seen them before I'm convinced they'll win us the 'big' games.

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The state of some of the players at this weekend's Star Sixes who have been Defoe's and Davis' peers, I'm not going to get too excited by either until I've had a look at them playing for us.

Because of course a bunch of retired middle aged men having a glorified kick about are going to be in comparable condition and have similar levels of sharpness to two players who have been training with clubs that play in one of the best leagues in the world every day :lol:

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Becahse of course a bunch of retired middle aged men having a glorified kick about are going to be in comparable condition and have similar levels of sharpness to two players who have been training with clubs that play in one of the best leagues in the world every day :lol:

I’m still laughing at this one. :lol:

Just now, DBBTB said:

Becahse of course a bunch of retired middle aged men having a glorified kick about are going to be in comparable condition and have similar levels of sharpness to two players who have been training with clubs that play in one of the best leagues in the world every day :lol:

Fuck sake, I'm not comparing either to Dean Saunders, Michael Hughes, Marco Negri or whoever.

I've explained the point in a later post.

Once you're done you're done. It matters fuck all that Defoe was once one of the best strikers in the EPL. It matters what he can do now. He's barely played in a year. He's scored something like 4 in nearly 2 years. I hope to fuck he's still got it but I want to see him play first before judging what a great signing he is or isn't.

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck sake, I'm not comparing either to Dean Saunders, Michael Hughes, Marco Negri or whoever.

Once you're done you're done. It matters fuck all that Defoe was once one of the best strikers in the EPL. It matters what he can do now. He's barely played in a year. He's scored something like 4 in nearly 2 years. I hope to fuck he's still got it but I want to see him play first before judging what a great signing he is or isn't.

Yes these are fair points.

But comparing them to people in these sixes games is amusing.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Up there with me comparing Griffiths to Hitler mate 

40 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I hope both show that they're still a cut above the best our league has to offer.

But that's what it is - hope based on how good they used to be. The way folk are getting on, with Defoe more so than Davis, is that his signing is guaranteeing we're winning the league. He's done fuck all in absolutely ages in football terms now.

We have all read the same book multiple times now on one-time 'elite' players who underestimate the pace and intensity of the game up here and end up embarrassing themselves.

I'm certain Defoe and Davis can stroll it at Ibrox at home against the bottom six, but I'll wait until I've seen them before I'm convinced they'll win us the 'big' games.

Killjoy was here.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

2/ .....I've explained the point in a later post ..... :confused:?

Once you're done you're done. It matters fuck all that Defoe was once one of the best strikers in the EPL. It matters what he can do now. He's barely played in a year. He's scored something like 4 in nearly 2 years. I hope to fuck he's still got it but 1/ .....I want to see him play first before judging what a great signing he is or isn't.

👍

1/.... on point one .... I think everybody would agree with you on that mate .... 👍

2/ ..... It's point two that I find confusing ..... unless you have a time machine and have come back from the future ... where you explained you view in a post that we will all see then ...... :p:

:UK: