***Official Rangers vs HJK Helsinki Thread***

Clemdog

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

Tried a bit too hard in possession a few times aswell instead of just doing his job and keeping it simple. He has a bad habit of giving away stupid free kicks aswell. Going through the back of players when he can't win the ball. He's done it countless times earlier in the season resulting in free kicks around our box. 

Yep.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't get the Katic over Worral thing either. Watched Katic pretty closely and he just gives this impression of not really knowing where he's supposed to be at times. Had McCauley greeting at him constantly about line discipline.

Dunno what's happened to the boy.

I think you're getting Katic confused with Worrall here tbh.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

He's not a boy with potential. He's a obviously good player that's had a bad few months of injury. Like that's never happened to a footballer before. But no, on this occasion it's some massive issue that means we need to consider getting rid if him. Weirdly, randomly impatient.

He was signed as a first team player and our squad players have played much more games than him 

Even the manager has made comments on him so it’s not just as you say he’s had a bad few months he’s getting injured, getting back fit then injured again it can’t keep goin on like that but there is no evidence to say it wont

btw there is no doubt he’s showed flashes of being a decent player and being a Croatian international kinda backs it up but useless unless he plays regularly 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I think you're getting Katic confused with Worrall here tbh.

Nope. Worral was comfortable mostly. Most of the first half issues didn't come from him. Katic, if you watched him, was constantly having to be told what he was meant to be doing, with McCauley looking quite frustrated by it at times. 

It's a continuation with Katic. Whenever I've seen him since the first 10-15 games or so he's looked shaky. It's why he doesn't play. The management are no fools.

Just back from the game. Usual friendly shite. Thought Helsinki were the better team and knocked the ball about well. Their no 32 at the back and no 36 up front, might be worthwhile for our scouts to monitor them. Barisic is a concern. Anyway the positives...we won and it got me away from her for a few hours !! 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

He was signed as a first team player and our squad players have played much more games than him 

Even the manager has made comments on him so it’s not just as you say he’s had a bad few months he’s getting injured, getting back fit then injured again it can’t keep goin on like that but there is no evidence to say it will

I think youre reading too much into that single comnent, which if you look at it was clearly aimed mostly at Grezda. He's been injured. It happens. It literally IS just a few months of injury. Patience, grasshopper.

Just now, TopCat said:

Missed the game today.........Who scored our 3 goals and  how did we play guys?

Candeias, Arfield and Katic. 

Decent game. I thought Morelos, Kent and Middleton showed up well.

We looked far more comfortable playing 4-3-3, which is to be expected. 

Will be interesting to see how the gaffer fits Morelos and Defoe into the same XI.

Glad to see Arfield making more forward runs and finishing his goal off nicely. 

Just don't know what's wrong with Katic, keeps making basic mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I think youre reading too much into that single comnent, which if you look at it was clearly aimed mostly at Grezda. He's been injured. It happens. It literally IS just a few months of injury. Patience, grasshopper.

As Somebody said recently grezda has played more than barisic Apparently (I’ve not checked it’s true but I could believe it)

Just now, Tomatasauce said:

As Somebody said recently grezda has played more than barisic Apparently (I’ve not checked it’s true but I could believe it)

Yeah, but he's been shite and powderpuff when he has played, unlike Barisic.

Performance was decent & gets the players back into a competitive game, the result means nothing but nice to get a win.

Think the Barisic comment by the manager is in relation to both him and Grezda having to toughen up a bit. Barisic was acting as if it was a broken leg then gets up and walks it off, Gerrards comment was exactly that, he didn't need to bang the ground again and again for a small knock (if that's what it turns out to be) 

He seems frustrated at the fact that both of them don't like the rough side of the game, every player will get injuries but there's players like Goldson, Morelos, Arfield to name 3, who have played through the pain barrier in recent weeks & months.

Btw, I just read it again, and the majority of Gerrard's comment was questioning Grezda's attitude. The physical comment re both was relatively brief and passing. The comment generally was far more focussed on Grezda than Barisic.