***Official Rangers vs HJK Helsinki Thread***

Clemdog

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Going to be brilliant when Barisic starts and plays the next 8 games and he’ll no be injured at all. 

Exactly. People just love to be OTT at times in their reaction to everything.He has been unlucky that's all.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People need to calm down and give Barisic time to get up to speed with the physicality of Scottish football

He has a very slight build but you cant really work on that mid-season. We need as many minutes as we can get out the boy but he will continue to pick up little knocks until the end of this year. In the summer he can work on putting on muscle to cope with the rigours of playing here. Christie at the filth was similar until this year as he packed on muscle and strength in pre-season

Way too sensible for the drama queenery on here.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Exactly. People just love to be OTT at times in their reaction to everything.He has been unlucky that's all.

Thing is people don’t have an agenda in regards to barisic everybody can see glimpses of a player there, even the man who signed him isn’t happy with him injured all the time, and I get the impression Gerrard dosent think it’s all bad luck injuries with barisic. Just my opinion based on listening to him talk about him

Just now, PSL said:

Pleased katic got a goal. The guy deserves to be closer to the first team than he is currently

Seems to be our biggest threat from a defender at set peices. worrall, Goodson and McCauley are brutal for their size, it’s not even worth taking the risk letting them come up for a corner 

3 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Thing is people don’t have an agenda in regards to barisic everybody can see glimpses of a player there, even the man who signed him isn’t happy with him injured all the time, and I get the impression Gerrard dosent think it’s all bad luck injuries with barisic. Just my opinion based on listening to him talk about him

I think he is frustrated at his reaction to going down and then walking off on his own two feet. Gerrard was tough as a player and just got on with it or got his own back in the next tackle. He wants to see Borna get up and run it off, not stamp his fist into the ground a 100 times.

17 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People need to calm down and give Barisic time to get up to speed with the physicality of Scottish football

He has a very slight build but you cant really work on that mid-season. We need as many minutes as we can get out the boy but he will continue to pick up little knocks until the end of this year. In the summer he can work on putting on muscle to cope with the rigours of playing here. Christie at the filth was similar until this year as he packed on muscle and strength in pre-season

...and Christie stills goes down as if he's been shot,he's a snowflake chancer.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I think he is frustrated at his reaction to going down and then walking off on his own two feet. Gerrard was tough as a player and just got on with it or got his own back in the next tackle. He wants to see Borna get up and run it off, not stamp his fist into the ground a 100 times.

I’ll be honest mate I can’t properly judge his ability as a player going by the amount I’ve seen him but what I will say is when he’s played and stayed in the pitch I’ve liked the look of him. 

if he can’t handle this league (and skinnier cunts than him have made a career out of this league) then I’d rather we sort it out instead of having to play Halliday and Flanagan in there out of position  all the time 

barisic needs to sort himself out or  Gerrard will get rid of him 

14 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Seems to be our biggest threat from a defender at set peices. worrall, Goodson and McCauley are brutal for their size, it’s not even worth taking the risk letting them come up for a corner 

If goldson goes up he is usually the one who gets the chance he just struggles with finishing. Even his goal at hearts was a bit scrappy but still had to take it i guess

37 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Clint Hill was our last threat at corners.