Options for Away CCCS next year?

LochendBilly

Only thing I think you can do is categorise the filth, Hibs, Hearts and sheep as category A and have separate ballots for them to try and ensure as many as possible get at least one of those games.

4 hours ago, TheCutch said:

I know they do mate, but my point was that everyone on the scheme would apply for every game, so if it worked like the travel club then we would all be on maximum points. Who get's priority then? 

Not sure what they could do to avoid this scenario happening? 

As someone who goes to all away games, I also want a better system. But I just haven't heard a "points system" formula that might work fairly. 

I don’t think ‘everyone’ would and those that go to every game would be in a, atleast marginally, better position.

The fact is the ticket office have no appetite to change the system as a points system etc won’t bring any additional revenue in but will increase their admin burden.

In the bigger picture they could start off by looking at away allocations.   Where a home club clearly can’t sell their own allocation they should have to sell the remainder to the away team if they request it.  Empty seats does nothing for the image of Scottish football on TV and everything should be done to ensure a full house. Hibs and Aberdeen take note.

We have a problem that smaller clubs envy - we are popular.

I attend every home game, every away game I get an allocation for, or if I can obtain a ticket via friends etc. If my name comes out the ballot a similar number of times to everyone else then I'm happy.

What I don't agree with is those who think they have a right to a ticket ahead of others. I know somebody who went to all away euro fixtures this season but complained that they didn't get allocated a ticket for Hibs just before xmas. Should they get a ticket because they have several grand more than me (none of which goes to Rangers) to spend on Euro away trips? Should they be ahead of a firefighter or paramedic who has to work a shift and misses a game? Naaaaah.

22 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Wouldn't work imo. You'd get absolutely everyone applying for the likes of Hamilton even if only half wanted to go just to get the point.

That’s what happens the now , it was in the CCCS away scheme members own hands to buy Killie tickets for the cup , first time ever and we couldn’t sell it out , so how many other games are members being allocated tickets for that they don’t want to go and no email for supporters that do 

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I attend every home game, every away game I get an allocation for, or if I can obtain a ticket via friends etc. If my name comes out the ballot a similar number of times to everyone else then I'm happy.

What I don't agree with is those who think they have a right to a ticket ahead of others. I know somebody who went to all away euro fixtures this season but complained that they didn't get allocated a ticket for Hibs just before xmas. Should they get a ticket because they have several grand more than me (none of which goes to Rangers) to spend on Euro away trips? Should they be ahead of a firefighter or paramedic who has to work a shift and misses a game? Naaaaah.

The people who go the most, in an ideal world, would get first chance at a ticket.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I’d say the supporters on the CCCS away scheme who were inundated with lower division tickets should be getting better and more games than a member who’s joined cause Gerrard is the manager , 100% of course they should 

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’d say the supporters on the CCCS away scheme who were inundated with lower division tickets should be getting better and more games than a member who’s joined cause Gerrard is the manager , 100% of course they should 

Nobody could join because of Gerrard. You need to have a season book one year before being allowed to.join. so it would only be next year's intake of new cccs scheme members who.done that 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Nobody could join because of Gerrard. You need to have a season book one year before being allowed to.join. so it would only be next year's intake of new cccs scheme members who.done that 

Fair enough mate 👍🏻,still doubt be at 12k if was still Pedro or a lesser name 

4 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

The problem with a points system is that it becomes a closed shop.  Anyone who is eligible for a ticket will always buy them and give them to mates if they don’t want to go themselves and keep their points score up.

Said to another lad on this thread Killie in the cup proved that’s happening anyway , I woke the Saturday of the sale a tad worse for wear from the night before at 11am raging with myself 2 hours later than the start of the selling thinking fuck I’ve missed the Killie tickets , couldn’t believe when I logged in and got them no probs as we’re led to believe going by numbers there’s 12k desperate to go to all the away games , Killie proved this isn’t the case and there’s supporters not being allocated tickets desperate to go and supporters being allocated tickets not wanting to go , I bet if Rangers went down the same route as Killie in the cup for league games against Killie , St Johnstone, Hamilton , st Mirren , Livi and Dundee all the supporters who wanted to go would get a ticket no probs at all instead we need to wait on an email that could in turn go to a lad not wanting to go instead 

The fairest way is if you get a ticket for Parkhead or Tynecastle etc you then drop to the bottom of the list and can’t get another ticket until everyone has been allocated a ticket. 

Parkhead now you might only get one every 5 years, Aberdeen every 3 etc but at least it stops someone getting no away trips to the hard to get to grounds and someone being fortunate in the ballots. 

Same with Finals and Semis, I’ve missed out lots in the ballots for Hampden yet my brother has got one every time. 

This system would stop that happening.

Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

The fairest way is if you get a ticket for Parkhead or Tynecastle etc you then drop to the bottom of the list and can’t get another ticket until everyone has been allocated a ticket. 

Parkhead now you might only get one every 5 years, Aberdeen every 3 etc but at least it stops someone getting no away trips to the hard to get to grounds and someone being fortunate in the ballots. 

Same with Finals and Semis, I’ve missed out lots in the ballots for Hampden yet my brother has got one every time. 

This system would stop that happening.

Just a thought.

If you get any away ticket you’re put to the back of the list until everybody gets a ticket

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If you get any away ticket you’re put to the back of the list until everybody gets a ticket

Yes, for each ground individually, so if I got Parkhead at the start of the season I’m not getting another one until everyone has been allocated one over the next X amount of years. 

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Puts myself at a disadvantage but agree that the people went in the lower divisions should have/should get some sort of priority. 

What about supporters who have been attending away games for years before that mate ?  I understand where you're coming from , but where does the line get drawn ?  I'm sure that other posters will recall early morning or even overnight trips , to queue for away tickets at the old ticket window near the front doors , or the edmiston house T O . Really not sure how the allocation can be made fairer while the demand outstrips availability . An up front fee would probably reduce the numbers on the CCS , but IMO it's unfair to charge the support for this while they still might only get allocated 3-4 tickets ,especially considering the prices that our fans pay compared with others .