Jordan rossiter

CF2 WINNIE

Hopefully the boy comes back, stays injury free and has a good pre-season. Then we can see whether he’s worth keeping on or binning. 

The way Gerrard talks about who he can trust etc in the squad, you have to wonder how he’s going to treat the loan guys when they return - whether they’re going to get a shot or if they’ll be off regardless. Are any of the guys on loan much of an upgrade on what we have? I’m not sure.

Would like to see him and Docherty get a chance as they're better options than Coulibaly and Davis, but can't see it somehow. Think Gerrard sent both down there to get in the shop window for the summer and bring in a bit extra dough in the transfer budget. We need to improve far more than a Rossiter or a Docherty can give us right now.

Not good enough for us as demonstrated by the years he was with us. 

Very quickly proving to be good enough for Bury. 

In what way does the evidence point towards him being good enough for us? Get him sold to them or an equivalent team. Sign on clause in the contract and jobs a good'un. 

On 27/02/2019 at 06:43, TMB said:

Assuming Rossiter gets fit and comes back do we really need another defensive midfielder?  What this team needs is another player like Arfield who can create and score goals because right now we're overly dependent on him.  

When did Arfield start creating and scoring goals?? I must have missed it. 😟

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Not good enough for us as demonstrated by the years he was with us. 

Very quickly proving to be good enough for Bury. 

In what way does the evidence point towards him being good enough for us? Get him sold to them or an equivalent team. Sign on clause in the contract and jobs a good'un. 

How do you, I or anyone else know he is not good enough to play for us? We have barely seen him. Or is this just another youngster we quickly write off? Lets give him a chance now that he is fit and see for ourselves if his reputation precedes him. Personally, I think there is a player there on limited times I've seen him.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How do you, I or anyone else know he is not good enough to play for us? We have barely seen him. Or is this just another youngster we quickly write off? Lets give him a chance now that he is fit and see for ourselves if his reputation precedes him. Personally, I think there is a player there on limited times I've seen him.

on a couple of occasions.he was the best player on the pitch .the 5 5 game against the spoon burners an example. 

in preseason I can remember Gerrard say he was the best footballer in the squad .

Hope he stays fit and signs a new deal 

15 hours ago, Bluekev said:

He’s got 6 goals and 6 assists this season

As a team we have scored a 100 goals this season, his contribution to that is mnimal considering he is supposed to be an attacking midfielder and plays nearly every game. Young Middleton has as good if not better record and he doesn’t play. 

7 minutes ago, Original Ger said:

As a team we have scored a 100 goals this season, his contribution to that is mnimal considering he is supposed to be an attacking midfielder and plays nearly every game. Young Middleton has as good if not better record and he doesn’t play. 

pish

Middleton has scored 2 in 14 and 2 assists- plays wide  (1:7)

Arfield has 7 in 24 with 6 assists and plays more central (1:3.3)

Middleton is nothing more than a squad player at best, infact I’d punt him back to the unders as he’s been promoted to the first squad way too early 

11 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Bury are meant to and haven't I believe. They never payed any of their staff

Its only the last lot of wages due and linked to financial restrictions following the recent takeover. He has been paid up to this point.  

It appears to be a temporary issue that is being resolved.

51 minutes ago, Original Ger said:

Middleton showed promise at the beginning but soon got found out by the opposition. He needs to improve in all areas of his game before he is a regular in the first team. Airfield is our 3rd top scorer behind Tav the penalty taker and Morelos.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

pish

Middleton has scored 2 in 14 and 2 assists- plays wide  (1:7)

Arfield has 7 in 24 with 6 assists and plays more central (1:3.3)

Middleton is nothing more than a squad player at best, infact I’d punt him back to the unders as he’s been promoted to the first squad way too early 

Middleton is 5 goals, 5 assists in 28 appearances (1120 minutes)

Arfield has scored 8 and created 7 in 41 appearances. (3180 minutes)

Ryan Kent scored 6 and created 9 in 39 appearances (3129 minutes)

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes but 3x5=15

which is half of 60 isn’t it?

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Just this season 

35 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Point proven 👏

18 hours ago, bluenoz said:

He's been with us two and a half years and barely played. Was apparently fit this season bit deemed not good enough to start. He's now 22 and was not able to make it at either Liverpool or Rangers. 

The fact he's showing promise with Bury further proves that being at Rangers was a level too high for him. 

He was fit enough for the progres games, what use was he there?

He looked good for 60 minutes against hivs - the last game of the season which we should have won but didn't. What use was he there? Helped steer us to a poor draw in the last game of the season? What kind of evidence is that of a talent worth persisting with after three years of almost no contribution? 

I'm not saying he'll never be good enough but on the available evidence he is not worth retaining. Move him on to Bury in the hope of a move further up with a sell on clause. 

There's a massive halo effect with this guy in the fact that he looks and has the mannerisms of a young Steven gerrard. If he looked nothing like Gerrard and was from somewhere in scotland folk wouldn't be giving him a second thought. 

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

This season in the league he’s had 14 appearances and 2 goals

Lucky then that we haven't just played in the league then isn't it?

Nobody says Morelos has scored only 17 goals this season but that's his league tally.