*****Official St Mirren vs Rangers match thread*****

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Totally devoid of shape, style, and any kind of plan. 

And players tbh, look at our injury list. The players we rely on such as Cantwell, Tav, Lundstram etc have just crumbled.

1 minute ago, Blacky Bear said:

It's that bad, forgot iv got minitures to ease the pain.

I have 10 cans of Strongbow awaiting dispatch, starting now. Do not like to start drinking too early in the day but watching this is torture leaving me in need of some liquid don't give a fuckness.

Teams against us, rattling into tackles, nudging off ball, blocking players runs when we try to close down goalies etc, we let them have a free hit everytime! We are soft as fuck, no leader or individual to put foot in or utilise the dark arts that others weekly do against us

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Next season if it continues

These players have done it under Gerrard (until Covid saved him), they’ve done it under Gio, they’ve done it under Beale and now they’re doing it under Clement.

Hopefully the penny finally drops this summer.

Feel like they’re desperate to concede the league before the old firm game, so they can go out and win a meaningless game against them like they did last season.

And we can all get carried away again about how amazing we are and how different next season will be.

Then repeat, and repeat again………

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Lundstrum can go in the summer, Diomande playing the one two and moving into good space and Lundstrum passes it back to the CB. 

I saw that too, Diomande was clearly frustrated with it. That’s the thing that infuriated me with Lundstram, it’s always back to a defender or just straight back to whoever gave him the ball. Diomande would be a better player without Lundstram beside him. 

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

I have 10 cans of Strongbow awaiting dispatch, starting now. Do not like to start drinking too early in the day but watching this is torture leaving me in need of some liquid don't give a fuckness.

It's almost like they are that bad they are forcing me not to drink.

7 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

The manager needs to take responsibility for this as well, we look absolutely lost and noone looks like they know what they are supposed to be doing. What exactly is he telling the players? They dont look interested at all and havent done for the past month or so.

This shower of shite probably look unreal in training and Clement has to pick based on that, then they get on the park and let everyone down.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I think he worked miracles to get us back in it, but think squad should be beating the likes of Dundee, Ross County and St Mirren. 

Of course, but as we’ve seen with Man Utd and Chelsea, it doesn’t matter how good your team is ability-wise if the mentality isn’t there.

If the mentality is weak you can be beaten by anyone.

If anyone needed confirmation that this squad needs a total overhaul they have got it today. We have a chance of winning a treble yet there is not a sign of determination from the team. St Mirren have shown more appetite to win the game than us yet, they have not a lot to play for. We don’t have a ton of money and are about to hand the scum another European windfall. So, the rebuild might be slower than we would want. One way or other the senior members of the team urgently need replaced by players that have a will to win at all costs. They really should have been replaced before now. 

4 minutes ago, SPWF said:

These sad sacks are going to parkhead needing to win :lol:

i seriously doubt it, we're struggling here big time here against players who are on 2-4k per week, while our 30-40k earners are struggling to string two passes together.

1 minute ago, scott12003 said:

the most depressing thing about this team is that there is no clear positioning and tactics right through the team

that has to come from the manager first and foremost

Maybe after the first manager but they have served under 4 managers now the players are the issue not the manager.