Alfredo- Stay or Go

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Imagine the reaction if Liverpool done this 😃

Could be the new Suarez.

Strong South American goal machine. Seen as a bit of gamble from a poorer standard  League. Bit of Latino fire in his belly. A lot of similarities with Alfredo. 

Took Suarez a bit to settle but he turned into a helluva player. Would be some move but I can't see it. I think he will need to prove it at another epl team first like van dyke did.

54 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

When I was in Bogota there were so many homeless children living in the sewers. The rich in the North didn't want this so they sent squads down and killed them by burning them. In the papers/news there were direct quotes from the bombero chief that the local kids were setting the fires that killed them.

I own 6 apartments in Belize, where the news is ALL propaganda and if you speak out against it then you're likely to get a knock on the door from the GSU, a death squad.

I've seen how the media operate to know not to trust it, it's all propaganda. We're just a lot better and subtle at it here, and my experience tells me that unless I see/hear it then I won't believing anything that they write. I would think that it being the biggest financial gain in that clubs history then it would be talked more in the media than 2 papers in a different country.

There probably is a 10% clause in his contract, and when we sell him(which will definitely be this summer imo) then we should be adding the same on. That and at least £15M.

Can you pm me mate?  Going to Belize soon. 

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

football in scotland is finished ffs. money has fucked the game for scots football. 

Yip but if we use it to our advantage we can do very well out of it.  Attract top talent in the knowledge that we arexa sreoping stone, crucially is league is unique in having a similar playing style to England so it’s a fantastic oppirtunity for career advancement  

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Hopefully the money we bring in signs us Ryan Kent.

The real question is who replaced him

We've had a bit of success signing strikers from abroad.. so I'm thinking stick to that plan. Think we need a couple of decent options to replace Morelos.

If we were looking domestically.. dare I say it... Sam cosgrove. Just turned 22, not a direct replacement for Morelos, but a completely different option. 17 goals so far this season. Would also be a great up yours to them.

Mcinnes would ask for silly money so it won't happen anyway.

Might actually just kill myself if that’s how our summer transfer business goes. 

7 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

We need to look at the big picture, all players worth their salt want to play in England. If we can prove that we can provide a top notch platform for that stepping stone we will become a very successful club in attracting top potential. 

Much as I hate to say it, sellic have done this to a good degree. Our aim should be to eventually show players we're a better option than them as a stepping stone. Alfredo is the start of that... Hopefully.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Yip but if we use it to our advantage we can do very well out of it.  Attract top talent in the knowledge that we arexa sreoping stone, crucially is league is unique in having a similar playing style to England so it’s a fantastic oppirtunity for career advancement  

yip, im Hoping most of the money for the sale of Morelos and tav can be put back in team, maybe starting with Kent. im saying tav because i think there will def be a decent bid for him. could be wrong tho but SG hinted at it in one of his press conferences.  Id honestly be disappointed if we didn't get over 25 million for both. maybe 28 million mark.   

He’ll go to the highest bidder as long as the club receive a bid that’s inline with his ability. Not like the bid we accepted for jelavic 5 million or whatever it was.  18 million minimum for the lad.  IMO he’ll do the biz in any league- he looks a constant nightmare for defenders and will only get better.

it will be a shame to lose a such a player that feeds off the vibe around the stadiums.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Could be the new Suarez.

Strong South American goal machine. Seen as a bit of gamble from a poorer standard  League. Bit of Latino fire in his belly. A lot of similarities with Alfredo. 

Took Suarez a bit to settle but he turned into a helluva player. Would be some move but I can't see it. I think he will need to prove it at another epl team first like van dyke did.

He just meant that people would go nuts because of the Gerrard connection. Tarriers would be constantly emailing UEFA/FIFA saying it shouldn't be allowed.

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

None of the big 6 will be interested and he'll be expecting to go to an Everton or Watford or something, so that won't make him think about staying.

He's gone this summer. Just need to hope he gets a Colombia friendly call up, scores and gets called up for the Copa America squad to pump his value up.

Aye you're probably right. 

Post was more in hope than expectation. 

3 hours ago, five stars said:

Hopefully he gets into the upcoming Columbian squad. A few good performances at this summers Copa America and his value will go through the roof.

He is not in our top 5 strikers in this moment. He might get ask to play some minutes in the friendly games of this month because Carlos Quieroz will ask many players to play minutes because he has not see them play together. Honest is that Copa America if he play good in the minutes of the friendly games then he can get in squad for Copa America but probably not play many minutes. We have Falcao, Duvan Zapata, Muriel, Santos Borre, Miguel Borja, Bacca all before and all scoring goals in this moment. It is very difficult for him. Best thing for him is that Quieroz is new and will experiment. Most people here that know of Morelos do not think he is good enough yet to be in our team. He is down the order still but in a year or 2 maybe he is in top 3.

Just now, denya said:

He is not in our top 5 strikers in this moment. He might get ask to play some minutes in the friendly games of this month because Carlos Quieroz will ask many players to play minutes because he has not see them play together. Honest is that Copa America if he play good in the minutes of the friendly games then he can get in squad for Copa America but probably not play many minutes. We have Falcao, Duvan Zapata, Muriel, Santos Borre, Miguel Borja, Bacca all before and all scoring goals in this moment. It is very difficult for him. Best thing for him is that Quieroz is new and will experiment. Most people here that know of Morelos do not think he is good enough yet to be in our team. He is down the order still but in a year or 2 maybe he is in top 3

Bacca isn't as good as he used to be and I actually feel Morelos is the better player out of them. That and Falcao is living on past glories and getting old. Quieroz has a challenge of turning an aging team(28 years) into a younger one, I feel with Morelos being so young that it makes it certain he'll be part of the setup...if he keeps progressing the way he is. 

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

yip, im Hoping most of the money for the sale of Morelos and tav can be put back in team, maybe starting with Kent. im saying tav because i think there will def be a decent bid for him. could be wrong tho but SG hinted at it in one of his press conferences.  Id honestly be disappointed if we didn't get over 25 million for both. maybe 28 million mark.   

Hope your right but don’t see it, anything above £12 million for morellos will be good and we’ll do well to getcabove £5 million for Tav 

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

Doubt we will get £27m for morelos:pipe:

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If there was any way to keep him another season we should make it happen.

Unfortunately I think he feels ready to move to a bigger league. So we need to capitalise on that and reinvest. With sell on clause.

for me his value on the pitch for us is far higher than any transfer we could get for him .even 20m .

20m would be great for the club but replacing him very difficult .not as if we would be able to get a good striker for say 10m .the wages a guy like that would command would be well out our budget. even then the player might not turn out anywhere near what Morelos gives us 

8 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

Bacca isn't as good as he used to be and I actually feel Morelos is the better player out of them. That and Falcao is living on past glories and getting old. Quieroz has a challenge of turning an aging team(28 years) into a younger one, I feel with Morelos being so young that it makes it certain he'll be part of the setup...if he keeps progressing the way he is. 

Bacca is not as good as used to be but is more experience and still scoring goals. Morelos is young but we have many young strikers. I understand all of you wish he is in team but honestly we have 5,6 players before him in this moment. Duvan Zapata is scoring many in much better league, Falcao is older but is captain, Muriel scoring many in this moment in better league and has more experience, Santos Borre scoring many and playing very good for past 2 years in River Plate, Miguel Borja scoring many with Palmeiras and has experience with national team, Cucho Hernandez is only 19 and here is more rated than Morelos, Luis Diaz at Junior here is also more rated and is striker too. I am sorry but he has much competition. I want to see him get minutes as much as possible but we have players at same level of ability and even better ability. He will get call up frequently if he keep improving and keep scoring but in better league. For me Copa America is much too soon and he is down the list of strikers. He is also not rated very highly here of our strikers we have. I am just saying this as it is here.

Also I see you write before about death squads here in my city. This has not happened for years.

For me it is cash in for the highest bidder.

I think asking him to stay would be a season too much..he wants to move on whether we like it or not. Hopefully he can help bag us the cup or even the title this season (long shot)

Will be gutted when he goes, love him as a player but it makes sense to get top dollar for him while we can and while he holds us in good regard.

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Did I just see a post mentioning homeless weans living in sewers? 

Some man on here saying that we have death squads that kill homeless children and adults that lived in the sewers here in my city. This happen years in the past but is not happen for a long time and not happen now.