Jake Hastie

38 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don’t think he would stagnate on the bench.  These 4-3-3 formations lend themselves to inside forwards instead of traditional wingers.  I’m a big fan of Candeias but him and Tavernier offer a similar attacking threat looking to stay wide and cross it in.  Hastie cuts inside taking defenders with him and creating space for the full-back on the overlap.  It would be great to have that type of player giving us a different option to Candeais.  

What you find with a lot of these big, quick, powerful wingers is that they can play through the middle too. 

2 hours ago, backup said:

JH is a very raw "contender" who we don't have the need for, we need to be signing seasoned champions, time is crashing on and the manager and board need to realise we have no time to fanny about in stopping the mhanky micks !

They days are gone, long gone.

Even if we had the money to buy a seasoned champion as you put it, getting they guys to come to this shitehole country is an even bigger obstacle than finding to money for them

In world football Jermaine Defoe would come into that category of seasoned champion, or seasoned anyway cos I don’t know what he’s actually won in the game, whereas Morelos would come under the gamble bracket, I know what 1 of the 2 of them I’d rather have

JH scored 6 goals in 50 games in two diddie leagues, he has scored against diddie teams for m'well in the prem, the examples of a  new coming have certainly changed from back in the day as have expectations of some. 

3 minutes ago, backup said:

JH scored 6 goals in 50 games in two diddie leagues, he has scored against diddie teams for m'well in the prem, the examples of a  new coming have certainly changed from back in the day as have expectations of some. 

Name one person who described him as 'a new coming'

What expectations have changed?

15 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is it wrong to recruit the best young players not already with us?

No its not wrong, in fact its exactly what we should be doing. Even Ajax don't rely totally on their own academy to fill their first team. The boy they are selling to Barcelona for £65 million at the end of the season was taken from another dutch club for a minimal fee. If your own academy hasn't got what you need you take them in from elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

No its not wrong, in fact its exactly what we should be doing. Even Ajax don't rely totally on their own academy to fill their first team. The boy they are selling to Barcelona for £65 million at the end of the season was taken from another dutch club for a minimal fee. If your own academy hasn't got what you need you take them in from elsewhere.

Yep they signed De Jong from Willem II's first team to stick him in their youth team for 2 years

Onana was signed from Barcelona's youth system. Schone who scored the free-kick was signed from NEC Breda as a 25 year old. Ziyech signed from FC Twente as a 22 year old. 

Crazy to rule out players performing well in the league you're currently playing in just because of the team they're at or because they have an unfashionable name