Jake Hastie

Let’s be honest as I’ve said on here before sign SPFL shite become SPFL shite, if we sign a squad full of players like Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Ryan Jack, Graeme Shinnie, Michael O’Hallaron etc... then we are only ever gonna be competing with the likes of Aberdeen. 

We we have enough players of a similar ability in our squad already and we are likely to lose some of the players we have that are above that level in the summer (Morelos & Kent).

So clearly all funds should be put towards signing a higher quality of player from the continent as clearly no one within Scotland can improve us (other than the likes of McKenna who we couldn’t afford due to Scottish clubs reluctance to sell to us)

The one thing Hastie has over those squad players mentioned above is that he is young and can improve into a Rangers quality of player but the likes of Jones and Shinnie aren’t gonna improve much.

6 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Let’s be honest as I’ve said on here before sign SPFL shite become SPFL shite, if we sign a squad full of players like Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Ryan Jack, Graeme Shinnie, Michael O’Hallaron etc... then we are only ever gonna be competing with the likes of Aberdeen. 

We we have enough players of a similar ability in our squad already and we are likely to lose some of the players we have that are above that level in the summer (Morelos & Kent).

So clearly all funds should be put towards signing a higher quality of player from the continent as clearly no one within Scotland can improve us (other than the likes of McKenna who we couldn’t afford due to Scottish clubs reluctance to sell to us)

The one thing Hastie has over those squad players mentioned above is that he is young and can improve into a Rangers quality of player but the likes of Jones and Shinnie aren’t gonna improve much.

Couldn’t  have put it better myself.

45 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Scum probable team tomorrow: 

Bain: Dundee

Lustig: Rosenberg 

Ajer: Start

Boyata;  man city

Tierney: Development

Forrest: Development 

McGregor: Development

Brown: Hivs

Sinclair: Villa

Burke: Loan

Eduard: PSG

2 playera from a top tier club, plus loans, plus players from here. 1 of whom most of us want to see on their team sheet.

Yes we need to improve quality, yes it'll likely have to come from outside Scotland,  but let's not kid ourselves on that a league couldn't be won with a core of the best of the league here given what the scum have managed with their signings.

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Believe it or not, some very talented players come from Scottish clubs.  Andrew Robertson and Ryan Fraser started at Scottish clubs and went on to play in the EPL.  Whenever a young talent comes through domestically we should pick them up, develop them, then sell them on for at a profit.  This is a model used throughout Europe.

Kent has 5 league goals and is valued at £12m.  Hastie has 5 league goals, having played less than half the amount of league minutes, and is available for free.  Hastie has just turned 20 and could develop in to a better player than Kent within the next few years.  I can se why would be interested in the latter.

Also, I don't think Scottish clubs have a reluctance to do business with Rangers per se.  I think Scottish clubs have realised they can get more money by selling their players to teams down South and they're not wrong.  celtic tried to get McKenna and failed, and look at the situation with McGinn.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Believe it or not, some very talented players come from Scottish clubs.  Andrew Robertson and Ryan Fraser started at Scottish clubs and went on to play in the EPL.  Whenever a young talent comes through domestically we should pick them up, develop them, then sell them on for at a profit.  This is a model used throughout Europe.

Kent has 5 league goals and is valued at £12m.  Hastie has 5 league goals, having played less than half the amount of league minutes, and is available for free.  Hastie has just turned 20 and could develop in to a better player than Kent within the next few years.  I can se why would be interested in the latter.

Also, I don't think Scottish clubs have a reluctance to do business with Rangers per se.  I think Scottish clubs have realised they can get more money by selling their players to teams down South and they're not wrong.  celtic tried to get McKenna and failed, and look at the situation with McGinn.

The players worth signing in Scotland stand out a mile the likes of Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, Steven Naismith, Kris Boyd, John McGinn, Steven Fletcher, Ryan Fraser, Scott McKenna, Andrew Robertson etc... all stood out clearly above the rest but those players are few and far between and are a level above the quality of players we are targeting.

Ryan Jack, Glen Kamara, Michael O’Hallaron, Graeme Shinnie, Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Louis Moult (remember the people on here practically wanking at the thought of signing this bellend, the same guy who upon leaving Motherwell has scored 6 in 27 for Preston North End), Nadir Ciftci, Ian Black, David Templeton, Jason Cummings, Kevin Kyle, Jason Holt, Nicky Clark, Sandaza I could go on....

The players we are targeting (Shinnie, Jones, Stewart etc...) are in the same league as the players in that second list and it’s clear to see.

Yes it’s ok to have some players at that level but we already have a squad full of them already and we clearly need an improvement.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Scum probable team tomorrow: 

Bain: Dundee

Lustig: Rosenberg 

Ajer: Start

Boyata;  man city

Tierney: Development

Forrest: Development 

McGregor: Development

Brown: Hivs

Sinclair: Villa

Burke: Loan

Eduard: PSG

2 playera from a top tier club, plus loans, plus players from here. 1 of whom most of us want to see on their team sheet.

Yes we need to improve quality, yes it'll likely have to come from outside Scotland,  but let's not kid ourselves on that a league couldn't be won with a core of the best of the league here given what the scum have managed with their signings.

Lustig: Gash these days but was a decent signing for them, the guy was an experienced International fullback who had played regularly in Europe when they signed him.

Boyata: a Belgium International

Brown: Stood out a mile in Scotland as a youth player far above the shite like Shinnie.

Sinclair: An experienced Premier League winger on incredibly high wages

Burke: An one time wonder kid with experience in the Bundesliga and has already been sold for £12 million odd.

Eduardo: A £9 Million signing from PSG

-Ajer, Tierney, McGregor & Forrest are all good youth development players. I’m not saying we shouldn’t bring through our own players not at all.

-Bain is gash exactly the sort of signing we shouldn’t be making he’s the same level as the likes of Graeme Shinnie and crew.

So let’s not make out the scum have built their squad on the cheap from SPFL sides because they haven’t.

5 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The players worth signing in Scotland stand out a mile the likes of Scott Brown, Kevin Thomson, John McGinn, Steven Fletcher, Ryan Fraser, Scott McKenna, Andrew Robertson etc... all stood out clearly above the rest but those players are few and far between and are a level above the quality of players we are targeting.

Ryan Jack, Michael O’Hallaron, Graeme Shinnie, Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Louis Moult (remember the people on here practically wanking at the thought of signing this bellend, the same guy who upon leaving Motherwell has scored 6 in 27 for Preston North End), Nadir Ciftci, Ian Black, David Templeton, Jason Cummings, Kevin Kyle, Jason Holt, Nicky Clark, Sandaza I could go on....

The players we are targeting (Shinnie, Jones, Stewart etc...) are in the same league as the players in that second list and it’s clear to see.

Yes it’s ok to have some players at that level but we already have a squad full of them already and we clearly need an improvement.

Ryan Fraser never even scored a goal for Aberdeen during the 2012/13 season.  He had a good number of assists and a lot of hype surrounding him at a young age but he wasn't one of the best players in the country by any means.  Is the Hastie situation really that far removed?  Hastie has broken in to Motherwell's first team, he's been scoring some very good goals, and he's attracting attention.  Here's a young winger we could take for relative buttons and hopefully develop in to a very important player for us.  Personally, I really hope the Jake Hastie one happens as we need competition for Candeias and an inside forward gives us a very different option at RW.  If we do get Hastie I see no sense in the Greg Stewart one as they would just be offering us the same thing.

I agree when it comes to most of the other players you mentioned.  Most of the players we've signed since Walter Smith left have been utter shite.  

3 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Lustig: Gash these days but was a decent signing for them, the guy was an experienced International fullback who had played regularly in Europe when they signed him.

Boyata: a Belgium International

Brown: Stood out a mile in Scotland as a youth player far above the shite like Shinnie.

Sinclair: An experienced Premier League winger on incredibly high wages

Burke: An one time wonder kid with experience in the Bundesliga and has already been sold for £12 million odd.

Eduardo: A £9 Million signing from PSG

-Ajer, Tierney, McGregor & Forrest are all good youth development players. I’m not saying we shouldn’t bring through our own players not at all.

-Bain is gash exactly the sort of signing we shouldn’t be making he’s the same level as the likes of Graeme Shinnie and crew.

So let’s not make out the scum have built their squad on the cheap from SPFL sides because they haven’t.

I never said the scum have built their squad on the cheap from spfl sides. But I reckon I have demonstrated that league winning players don't have to come from out with Scotland,  To suggest only McKenna would improve us is ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with cherry picking the best of the spl whilst getting the best we can afford from elsewhere. 

FWIW I reckon Gerrard is trying to do just that with Scottish freebies so that any money he has can go to the real quality he needs from other markets. Nothing wrong with that approach.