Alfredo Appeal Rejected

left winger

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Not in the least surprised. A complete joke. You even have 2 BBC clowns in that article saying not a dive and a penalty. 

Calling it now. When morelos moves on I guarantee he won't be anywhere near the number of cards he gets here. 

You're only calling that now because I said it to you days ago :lol:

5 hours ago, trueblueal said:

I initially laughed at the suggestion there was a racist or xenophobic element the decisions against Morelos. Now though I'm not so sure. He has been targeted by opponents, referees and the panel on a couple of occasions now have in my view wrongfully upheld unjust decisions against him. Buffalo brains from coke addled Colombia anyone? Mentions of his temperament at every chance. Little mention of the fact he's scythed in two regularly at the cost of a telling off or a yellow card where a red is the logical decision. The agenda was set. 

Pedro got the same thing, poor as he was. The funny foreigner routine where he was lampooned and his words twisted at every turn. Scottish football is an inbred hatefest

Pedro didn’t help himself tbf mate with some of the shite he spouted. 

He is looking for it, but you cannot deny that Considine gives him a big reason to look for it.

I have sympathy with the referee, and from his angle I understand why he made the decision - too many refs shirk out of these 'its either a dive or a penalty' type decisions and award neither. I don't believe it was a dishonest call on his part. 

However you cannot say it is a dive after seeing the footage from behind the goal - there is enough contact to justify looking for a penalty, and certainly enough contact to clear somebody of diving. 

Sometimes I do think we are frivolous with our appeals, but this is one I did expect to win. I am really puzzled as to why it hasn't been over turned.