Retrogaming

miracle

6 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Don't know if Dead Space can be considered retro (released 2008) however if anyone has not played this then you should give a shot, available on Game Pass. Even though it has not been updated to X/S versions, still looks pretty decent for a game of the time, but importantly is a challenge, tough enemies and limited ammo. Also, very much deserves the 18 rating.

Loved the Dead Space games, good story lines, genuinely creepy atmosphere and a total gore-fest.

It was cool upgrading the suits as well!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Lads anyone know what the best handheld consoles with the large catalogue of retro games are?

there was a company doing it in the uk but they ended up bumping people 

I've known a few people to have bought the ones of Facebook and they both became really slow and started crashing after a few weeks.

There's some on Amazon with decent reviews which might be better.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Lads anyone know what the best handheld consoles with the large catalogue of retro games are?

https://www.xm-ulation.com/

These guys are top notch. 

Evercade good as well if you want legal physical media and like collecting.

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

https://droix.co.uk

Got mine and my partners from here, mine was the Retroid Pocket but you need to fill it up yourself. Hers was one of the Anbernics which came full of games. Delivery was pretty fast too.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

https://droix.co.uk

Got mine and my partners from here, mine was the Retroid Pocket but you need to fill it up yourself. Hers was one of the Anbernics which came full of games.

How easy is the installation of games mate?

im ok with stuff like this but I’ve had issues in the past and it gets to me :lol:

Just now, RFC55 said:

How easy is the installation of games mate?

im ok with stuff like this but I’ve had issues in the past and it gets to me :lol:

Really easy to be honest, there's video tutorials all over YouTube these days for them. You'll find all of them generally have all the emulators pre-installed you just need to add the ROM's you want to a MicroSD which they usually come with.

I went for that as with the ones filled up you spend most of the time looking for something to play and play nothing. :lol:

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Really easy to be honest, there's video tutorials all over YouTube these days for them. You'll find all of them generally have all the emulators pre-installed you just need to add the ROM's you want to a MicroSD which they usually come with.

I went for that as with the ones filled up you spend most of the time looking for something to play and play nothing. :lol:

There was one that had champ manager etc pre loaded on it and it looked like a really good build, but that was the company who basically took too many orders, couldn’t fulfill them and then just bumped people 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

There was one that had champ manager etc pre loaded on it and it looked like a really good build, but that was the company who basically took too many orders, couldn’t fulfill them and then just bumped people 

Who needs that when you can get Premier Manager 98 on the PS1? :lol:

It'll just be running DosBox for Champ Man, unless it was a touch screen can imagine it would be awful to play with a handheld.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Who needs that when you can get Premier Manager 98 on the PS1? :lol:

It'll just be running DosBox for Champ Man, unless it was a touch screen can imagine it would be awful to play with a handheld.

Yeah I think this companies ones were touch screen 

40 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Pi retro gaming? The fall out from that was crazy on social media. Think the guy ended up in jail. 

24 minutes ago, Don81 said:

Pi retro gaming? The fall out from that was crazy on social media. Think the guy ended up in jail. 

Aye mate that was the one, started out genuine then he just kept taking orders he had no chance of fulfilling