Retrogaming

miracle

2 hours ago, miracle said:

Does anyone know of a decent source for Atari ST roms?   

Try this out. 

https://www.retrostic.com/roms/atari-st

https://archive.org/details/AtariSTRomCollectionByGhostware

https://romsdownload.net/roms/atari-st

Also have a wee read in here

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9151

Last link looks like a real good source of info

• 7 months later...

@Iakona could you tell me a quick / free way to play emulators, predominantly SNES I think, that is a pretty pain-free install and works well in windowed mode etc. I might go back and play A Link to the past for fun at somepoint. 

Emulators pretty good these days though my MacBook is creaking playing mario sunshine from the GameCube.  Must be over a decade old.

list of 90s classics that are still playable/great and that I’ve played again recently:

- Ocarina of time

- metal gear solid 1

- snowboard kids 

- streets of rage 

-shenmue 

now totally dire:

- banjo kazooie

- all racing games 

- all sports titles 

- most FPS games

- road rash (though tbf hated it first time around) 

21 hours ago, CR3 said:

@Iakona could you tell me a quick / free way to play emulators, predominantly SNES I think, that is a pretty pain-free install and works well in windowed mode etc. I might go back and play A Link to the past for fun at somepoint. 

Probably my favourite game of alltime. 

4 hours ago, Blue72 said:

Emulators pretty good these days though my MacBook is creaking playing mario sunshine from the GameCube.  Must be over a decade old.

list of 90s classics that are still playable/great and that I’ve played again recently:

- Ocarina of time

- metal gear solid 1

- snowboard kids 

- streets of rage 

-shenmue 

now totally dire:

- banjo kazooie

- all racing games 

- all sports titles 

- most FPS games

- road rash (though tbf hated it first time around) 

Road rash was superb 

17 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Probably my favourite game of alltime. 

An absolute gem of a game, the snes had some absolutely banging games, marioworld, mario kart, zelda, street fighter, donkey kong, all games you could play over and over again, and thats just a small section of them

Zelda and Marioworld, i canny think of any point in them where you went "am bored" marioworld especially given it had 96 levels

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

An absolute gem of a game, the snes had some absolutely banging games, marioworld, mario kart, zelda, street fighter, donkey kong, all games you could play over and over again, and thats just a small section of them

Zelda and Marioworld, i canny think of any point in them where you went "am bored" marioworld especially given it had 96 levels

I'll add in F-Zero and let's not forget the novelty that was the Snes scope. Amazing tech at the time. 

Anyone else picked up an AYN Odin? Got myself one due to be shipped in the next week or two, Looks a class larl portable emulator, playing anything up to & including PS2 plus xbox game pass streaming for modern games. Like a Nintendo switch on steroids

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Anyone else picked up an AYN Odin? Got myself one due to be shipped in the next week or two, Looks a class larl portable emulator, playing anything up to & including PS2 plus xbox game pass streaming for modern games. Like a Nintendo switch on steroids

@The Specky Liar has one 

Don't know if Dead Space can be considered retro (released 2008) however if anyone has not played this then you should give a shot, available on Game Pass. Even though it has not been updated to X/S versions, still looks pretty decent for a game of the time, but importantly is a challenge, tough enemies and limited ammo. Also, very much deserves the 18 rating.

7 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Don't know if Dead Space can be considered retro (released 2008) however if anyone has not played this then you should give a shot, available on Game Pass. Even though it has not been updated to X/S versions, still looks pretty decent for a game of the time, but importantly is a challenge, tough enemies and limited ammo. Also, very much deserves the 18 rating.

Dead Space was class. There’s a remake coming out in January but that’s being done by a guy who worked for Ubisoft/Assassins creed Valhalla, the director who made dead space is coming out with The Callisto Protocol in December, that’s his new project and it’s aw the dead space vibes!