Morelos' value

JCDBigBear

12 hours ago, billscott said:

man utd have grossly overpaid for this lad  they seem to do this all the time  it appears there is no one at that club who can negotiate a fee  the fee being proposed for the crystal palace rb is crazy as well

wouldnt say grossly. Leeds were on the brink of signing him for 10m in january and they would have been right back in for him in the summer. They've probably paid a bit more than what Swansea would have accepted but it prevented a bidding war and was only a couple of million beyond what he would have went for, not like they cant afford to waste an extra couple of million.

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Chelsea only have 4 in their squad.

Chelsea had more than that last season.

Barkley, Green, Loftus-Cheek, Cahill, Hudson-Odoi, Drinkwater all count as homegrown and I’m pretty sure, but not certain, that Christensen, Fabregas, Moses & Ampadu count as “homegrown” too because they spent 3 years in English youth academies.

18 hours ago, BF1 said:

When you consider inflation that deal would be near £12m, so its around £3m more than we've recieved for a player. 

Doesn't really alter my point though does it? A 21 year old who's only played 39 games for Swansea has a higher value than our record signing! 

The markets are massively different! 

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

Doesn't really alter my point though does it? A 21 year old who's only played 39 games for Swansea has a higher value than our record signing! 

The markets are massively different! 

Changes quite a lot when you look at inflation. An extra £3m on £9m is a big increase. Even Flo becomes a £20m player ffs. 

Obviously the English markets are more, but that player from Swansea will have been proven at a higher level week in week out too. 

16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s on the high side but his stats are impressive, especially for his age.

He had the most clearances, most tackles won, highest tackle success rate, most take on’s completed and most interceptions of all the full backs in the league last season.

The fee seems high but teams pay for potential now as much as they pat for the finished article and he will prove to be worth the money if he goes there and becomes their first choice right back for the next 6-8 years.

got to agree he looks the part i just think 50 mill  or around that is crazy for his age  you have the problem as we have at gers can the boy  handle the hype and the pressure playing for man utd  the last player from palace zaha was not a success

18 hours ago, Rlm said:

I don't think he's going anywhere. And we need to keep hold of that current bunch of players if we are to win the league. If he does go then mitrovic wud be someone off the top of my head who would do a good job...its that wages is the big problem in that kind of deal.

I am almost certain he will not be a Rangers player next season.

6 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Crazy the amount of people who don't understand that we are in a different market from clubs down south, both buying and selling.

We are 100% in a different market.  If we were looking at a Morelos who had just scored 30 goals for a top Championship or lower EPL side team, the transfer fee would be about 30-40m

Just now, gogzy said:

We are 100% in a different market.  If we were looking at a Morelos who had just scored 30 goals for a top Championship or lower EPL side team, the transfer fee would be about 30-40m

20-25 maybe. Not 40

See Tammy Abraham for example

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

NOt been following him,  what did he get sold for?  He scored 26 goals in a season according to wiki.

He hasn't been sold yet but the figures being banded about are 20-25m. He has 60 goals in 3 seasons at Championship/EPL level, 2 England caps and a decent under 21 record for them.

4 hours ago, billscott said:

got to agree he looks the part i just think 50 mill  or around that is crazy for his age  you have the problem as we have at gers can the boy  handle the hype and the pressure playing for man utd  the last player from palace zaha was not a success

They are talking about £65 million for him, which is a frightening amount really.

15 hours ago, BF1 said:

Changes quite a lot when you look at inflation. An extra £3m on £9m is a big increase. Even Flo becomes a £20m player ffs. 

Obviously the English markets are more, but that player from Swansea will have been proven at a higher level week in week out too. 

Absolutely doesn't change the point I was making, our record sale PLUS inflation, is still well below what they are paying for 21 year olds with less than 40 games experience. If that doesn't show the massive difference in the market then I don't know what does.