Morelos' value

JCDBigBear

There have been numerous posts in different threads in the past where Alfredo's transfer value is discussed and debated.     In an attempt to put his worth in perspective, 21 year old Daniel James has been sold to Man Utd for £15 million having played only 39 games (6 goals) with Championship club, Swansea City.     Alfredo (age 22) has played 178 games for teams in the top football tier of three countries and scored 100 goals.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

There have been numerous posts in different threads in the past where Alfredo's transfer value is discussed and debated.     In an attempt to put his worth in perspective, 21 year old Daniel James has been sold to Man Utd for £15 million having played only 39 games (6 goals) with Championship club, Swansea City.     Alfredo (age 22) has played 178 games for teams in the top football tier of three countries and scored 100 goals.

That transfer is only £5m less than the highest anybody has ever paid for a player leaving Scotland & £6m MORE than we have ever received for a player.

Tells you everything you need to know about the market in Scotland.

There are probably broad market norms for transfers involving EPL clubs.  Transfer value norms for them which are unheard for transfers between Scottish clubs and EPL clubs in modern times.   Its not a comparison on a broadly level field basis imo in a football transfer market down South that is, again imo, vastly inflated.

That said market norms are their to be broken so if an EPL club valued Alfredo as an asset that it must absolutely have then provided Rangers (and the player / agent) hold their  commercial nerve it seems to me quite possible to extract a top dollar sale that would push the level of transfer values between a club of Rangers stature and EPL clubs.  

If however Rangers valuation was not all that ambitious it'd be easy enough to sell at a lower value than might perhaps have been possible.    Ultimately of course the selling price for a Rangers player is the price the buyer is willing to pay and which Rangers is willing to accept.   If it is essential to transfer the player to generate any sort of income, and the buyer suspects this to be the case, then clearly there is a risk the player is sold knowingly undervalued.    If cash generation is not a determining force at Rangers then its really up to the DoF to screw as much money as possible out of the buying club regardless of what previous market norms or other benchmarks have been.  Each deal on its own merits and all that.      

If anyone offers us £15m we’ll take it.  Not a bad price if we can get a future sell on fee attached to it.  He’s been looking to go down South for a while now and if he does get it best of luck to him.  He’s been a great player for us and only £1m.  

42 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

That transfer is only £5m less than the highest anybody has ever paid for a player leaving Scotland & £6m MORE than we have ever received for a player.

Tells you everything you need to know about the market in Scotland.

When you consider inflation that deal would be near £12m, so its around £3m more than we've recieved for a player. 

I think we have historically been seen as a club that undervalues players and that may affect the value of transfer offers we receive.

He is easily worth £15 million in today's market. 22 years old, 100 goals, recently become a full Colombian international, but as has been stated previously, that's a good £6 million more than we have sold for in the past. 

We also know the English market is over valued and clubs come looking up here for a bargain. 

I do hope we play hardball with any English clubs and we look at it like other Scottish clubs look at us when we bid for one of their players, add a few million on to the asking price. 

£15 mill is our starting price from what I’ve heard. 

£18 mill and he’ll be gone. Would love it if we released a statement stating he’s Scottish footballs most expensive transfer ever but I doubt it. 

If he hadn’t got the last red against them and added another 6 goals instead of 1 we’d command the £20 mill quite easily IMO

What we need if he is going to go  is a few clubs interested to push up the value in a bidding war, there are very few Morelos type strikers around so that should also be a plus.

Let the EPL clubs pay the EPL going rate if that is going to be his destination, if not we will be delighted to keep him.

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

£15 mill is our starting price from what I’ve heard. 

£18 mill and he’ll be gone. Would love it if we released a statement stating he’s Scottish footballs most expensive transfer ever but I doubt it. 

If he hadn’t got the last red against them and added another 6 goals instead of 1 we’d command the £20 mill quite easily IMO

I agree with that last sentence. I think his value took a slight hit.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Not a good comparison IMO. England is an inflated market and if Man Utd come calling you can immediately stick a few more million on your asking price for a player.

You have to keep restating this on here.

I can't believe some people have not grasped the concept yet.

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

You're attempting to put his worth in to perspective by comparing him to a winger who plays in a different league?

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

You're attempting to put his worth in to perspective by comparing him to a winger who plays in a different league?

A winger who plays in the 2nd tier of English football.   I am talking about transfer values in general and comparing two players' valuations.