Gerrard to get tough with indiscipline.

backup

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't see anyone raging.  I see a bit of debate about if some cards were justified, and some debate over the level of our indiscipline, plus a few people saying they would rather it was kept in house.

Can you point out the rage?

Fucking into him mate, don’t take any shite off him.

40 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We aren’t any worse than the rest of the league. 

So why do we have a problem with red and yellow cards. 

I don’t watch anyone else. I just know we suffered through suspensions and the team that won the league also came top of the fair play league. (We were third bottom by only two points iirc)

meaning they had more players available to them on a regular basis than us, we had players possibly worried about their points tally which may have reflected in their game, but more significantly 

our Gaffer said it was problematic 

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Its the bull elephant in the dressing room.   It needed to be confronted more effectively last season and wasn't.  

I think all SG is doing is registering to the media and by extension to the SFA, the match officials in Scotland and the abysmal compliance officer that improving the disciplinary record is a priority for Ranger and that as manager he is getting to grips with this.    In saying it in public maybe he is also preparing the ground for others at Rangers (DoF and Robertson) to get their faces firmly in front of SFA people and make it clear beyond doubt that the Club will not put up with refereeing or post-match adjudications where Rangers are treated differently to other clubs.   This is not just a one-way thing for Rangers, it requires the football officials to ensure there is no bias (intended or unintended) against Rangers.    

👍

Good post mate.

I would love it if they were more proactive in this department  ...... but feel that the forces behind the officials will have their own fires to light next season ..... to do all they can to hinder our progress to title number 55.

:UK:

31 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don’t watch anyone else. I just know we suffered through suspensions and the team that won the league also came top of the fair play league. (We were third bottom by only two points iirc)

meaning they had more players available to them on a regular basis than us, we had players possibly worried about their points tally which may have reflected in their game, but more significantly 

our Gaffer said it was problematic 

So you have no idea if we are a dirty indisciplined team compared to the rest or not. 

As for comparing us to the taigs disciplinary record and considering they can more or less do what they like, your argument is laughable. 

If our gaffer thinks the problem lies with the players then we are in for the exact same again this season as last. 

6 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Remember after first game it Pittodrie last year Gerrard called out historical refereeing and got ripped by the media. We loved it as we have been wanting something like that for years. 

At least this way he can start building a case. Along the lines of. We have dealt with indiscipline but you are punishing us for stuff that you don't punish others for. 

Yeah then he did a complete U turn . I still wonder about all that tbh

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

McGregor and Morelos aside it’s not too bad. 

McGregor and Morelos  incidents at the end of the season V hivs  and bheasts at their dump did not help us one bit in any defence

Maybe these incidents , is what he is mostly referring to I guess

I have to say, McGregor disappoints me more, he appears to kick out for no reason except to be a bit of a nutter. At least Alfie gets no protection from the refs and gets booted to justify (kind of) retaliation. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you have no idea if we are a dirty indisciplined team compared to the rest or not. 

As for comparing us to the taigs disciplinary record and considering they can more or less do what they like, your argument is laughable. 

If our gaffer thinks the problem lies with the players then we are in for the exact same again this season as last. 

Dont know if it will come through properly but 7 teams committed more fouls than us and we where the 4th team with most fouls committed against us

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

Basically we are not

32 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

At least Alfie gets no protection from the refs and gets booted to justify (kind of) retaliation. 

fair point

31 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Somebody must have told him we were getting nowt from referees. Then somebody else must have told him to reign it in a bit. 

Looks like it . Me of the conspiracy  persuasion, was getting excited last season, when he started calling them out after the Sheep game.

I still believe we should have continued in this vein .

The scum have made this sort of thing work for them for decades without anything coming back from us . You could certainly count the times on one hand ,over many years on our part.

It isn't enough in 2019 . If we were going for the title in the last few weeks . We would surely find that out

Too be fair the Club did with Collum and we were put back in our box so to speak ..

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

Good post mate.

I would love it if they were more proactive in this department  ...... but feel that the forces behind the officials will have their own fires to light next season ..... to do all they can to hinder our progress to title number 55.

:UK:

You can imagine how TLB will react when his shitebags get a decision against them. 👍 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I have, I referred to the fair play points system where we scraped third bottom 

I never considered anything, I said because they had very little suspensions then they had more players available 

We have some different players this time who may or may not be more or less disciplined

i think you’re being argumentative over nothing tbh

if our gaffer says he needs to act then that’s good enough  for me.  You carry on with what you think. 

I think there are important parts of that statement people might be misinterpreting? He’s saying that bookings and reds can happen, but that there are things on the park that they need to be tougher on. He is referring, IMO, to the cards, retrospective or otherwise, that the club feel the players were at fault for, could have been avoided and which potentially hurt the title challenge. 

Eg

Morelos

Shagger

Also need to focus on discipline, we need to be the fittest team next season and brave to make challenges.

These, along with not being stupid (Gerrard's decisions in first half of last season, Morelos and McGregor), and we win the league.

2 hours ago, gj923 said:

Dont know if it will come through properly but 7 teams committed more fouls than us and we where the 4th team with most fouls committed against us

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

Basically we are not

What witch craft is this you show us mate. 

Dont you know we are the most dangerous dirtiest team in the world, so dirty we even mock our opponents by blowing them kisses.