Rangers inviting SNP politicians to Ibrox

GOAT

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

If, as someone said in earlier post that Rangers did not invite him and they wanted the meeting, then the snp want something.  This board are so good making deals. 

Widnae say they are 'good' at making them. 

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sturgeon and Husband have been invited to Directors Box for Sundays game 🤢

I find that quite unbelievable, but a great opportunity to thoroughly roast that cow and a use her like she has abused the rest of Scotland.

"Stop the lie. We all know you are a rug muncher"

:mutley:

On 25/07/2019 at 20:09, Bluepeter9 said:

Folk say I’m against everything the club stands for ... in a thread where the club are promoting a everyone anyone campaign? 

Where does it say that I must be staunch, or unionist to support? 

( also I get involved in these threads as folk quote or mention me - usually long before I actually comment) 

your not alone if you are not rightwing tory on here.

On 26/07/2019 at 10:15, Corky True Legend said:

Harold Wilson closed more pits than Margaret Thatcher. Would you rather we had invited Jeremy Corbyn, you know, Gerry Adams' pal? Any Bear who votes Labour is, in effect, an IRA supporter.

GROW UP.

From figures it would appear the demise of mines was more than double the tory total, under labour.

Then there is the charge that it was Margaret Thatcher who "destroyed" the coal mines and the mining communities. How many times have the BBC broadcast that claim without refutation? Yet the facts show that far more coal mines closed under the Labour Prime Ministers Harold Wilson and James Callaghan.

These are the figures for the sharply declining number of coal mines open each year under those Labour Governments.

1964           545

1965   ..      504

1966   ..      442

1967   ..      406

1968   ..      330

1969   ..      304

1974   ..      250

1975   ..      241

1976  ..      239

1977   ..      231

1978  ..      223

1979  ..      219  

These are the figures for the Thatcher years:

1979  ..      219

1980   ..      213

1981  ..      200

1982   ..      191

1983   ..      170

1984  ..      169

1985  ..      133

1986   ..      110

1987   ..      94

1988   ..      86

1989   ..      73

1990   ..      65 

The Lord Palmerston blog says:

It was the ever-erudite @allanholloway who brought to my attention a few weeks back that more coal mines closed under Harold Wilson’s governments than under Margaret Thatcher’s, and I owe him an apology for not having credited him sooner, given the number of retweets I got for passing that on earlier.  Based on these figures from the government about 290 mines closed under Wilson in all his time in office, and about 160 under Thatcher.  Because the figures are based on year end totals of pits operating, it’s not possible to be precise, but the relative scale of those numbers is clear.  So why isn’t Wilson execrated by the Left for his part in the decline of coal mining?

That is a fair question. Do the Left seriously claim that Harold Wilson was accepting economic realities while Margaret Thatcher was motivated by sheer spite?

On 25/07/2019 at 12:27, GOAT said:

Absolutely disgusting.  Quite possibly one of the worst things I’ve ever came across as a Rangers supporter.  The club should be ashamed of itself.  I’m not one for letter writing or shite like that, but I’ll be complaining to them about it anyway.  

Wholeheartedly agree mate chase the secessionists.  They do not represent me not now not ever!

Harold Wilson closed more pits than Margaret Thatcher. Would you rather we had invited Jeremy Corbyn, you know, Gerry Adams' pal? Any Bear who votes Labour is, in effect, an IRA supporter.

Thats rubbish, are we saying any one who fought for Churchill in WW II agreed with Gallipolli or that everyone who eats spaghetti is Italian. Anyone who supports Labour is, in effect, supporting workers and equality, full stop.

I think you will find that a considerable number of Labour supporters do not support Corbyn and his cronies for that very reason but it doesn't stop them being Labour supporters.

I'm not but my Grandad was a "staunch" Labour man and I'm quite sure had he still been alive he would be appalled at what the Labour leadership has become.

So I'm calling out your post as dung.