Anyone else think Aribo will be our best transfer business ever?

pcbear

3 hours ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

Rod Wallace on a free must be up there 

Loved wee rod. What a finisher.  Don't know if I'd say underrated cos I've not really spoke to anyone who didn't rate him  but maybe not remembered as highly as he should 

42 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Loved wee rod. What a finisher.  Don't know if I'd say underrated cos I've not really spoke to anyone who didn't rate him  but maybe not remembered as highly as he should 

When he had time to think about it he was not so clever, but acting on instinct he could lash them home, great wee player.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Mark Hateley. You couldn't get further if you tried for a player to be described an instant success. 

That was back in the day when I never missed a game and for virtually a whole season to a man the support wanted him benched. He was awful. 

Then the day he scored those goals against the sheep at Ibrox to win the league he became a star for us not just that day but almost every game after. 

Closest we have had since to this type of player was Prso 

Big man used to take a bit of abuse, people making donkey noises when he touched the ball etc 

Turned it around  spectacularly though with they goals against the sheep.  People always talk about him being great in the air but he also had a fair burst of pace that mostly goes unmentioned. Great player. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Big man used to take a bit of abuse, people making donkey noises when he touched the ball etc 

Turned it around  spectacularly though with they goals against the sheep.  People always talk about him being great in the air but he also had a fair burst of pace that mostly goes unmentioned. Great player. 

I csnt remember the donkey noises. Was always in the enclosure or an away end pished though 

But your right about the pace. Remember a goal he scored away against the sheep. Almost identical to the goal Windass scored against the taigs last year. 

The guy after his first season was a machine 

17 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I csnt remember the donkey noises. Was always in the enclosure or an away end pished though 

But your right about the pace. Remember a goal he scored away against the sheep. Almost identical to the goal Windass scored against the taigs last year. 

The guy after his first season was a machine 

Think it was an away game cunts we’re making donkey noises at him mate can’t remember who against though. 

Long time ago now 😆

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Think it was an away game cunts we’re making donkey noises at him mate, might have been Broomfield. 

Long time ago now 😆

I don't remember ever going to Broomfield. But I know for a fact iv been there at least 3 times 😂😂

Back in those days it wasn't uncommon for me to have to check the Sunday papers to get the score of the game I had been too 😂

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I don't remember ever going to Broomfield. But I know for a fact iv been there at least 3 times 😂😂

Back in those days it wasn't uncommon for me to have to check the Sunday papers to get the score of the game I had been too 😂

Broomfield was a shit hole, remember climbing up a grass hill to get to the terracing 

Edited my post mate, it wasn’t at Broomfield, after a quick check I see we never played Airdrie that season.  😆

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Broomfield was a shit hole, remember climbing up a grass hill to get to the terracing 

Edited my post mate, it wasn’t at Broomfield, after a quick check I see we never played Airdrie that season.  😆

Grass Hill. Could have been Easter Road 

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Mark Hateley. You couldn't get further if you tried for a player to be described an instant success. 

That was back in the day when I never missed a game and for virtually a whole season to a man the support wanted him benched. He was awful. 

Then the day he scored those goals against the sheep at Ibrox to win the league he became a star for us not just that day but almost every game after. 

Closest we have had since to this type of player was Prso 

35 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I can confirm this also. Being one of the guilty parties. :pipe: 

I remember one game at Ibrox v's Motherwell. I'd just finished giving him dogs abuse when someone passed him the ball close to the left byline.....30 yards out or so. Think it bounced once and he looked up, leathered it....straight into the onion bag. I swear that was the moment it started turning for him. I just remember after him scoring, me saying "Aye, Hateley, what a player!" and getting dogs abuse from just about everyone in the West Enclosure. 

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

When he had time to think about it he was not so clever, but acting on instinct he could lash them home, great wee player.

Aye that's true. Dunno if you seen boyds interview about retiring, pretty much saying that kinda striker is dying out in the modern game. 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

In recent years he definitely is best business we’ve done,I know it’s early days but you can just tell the guy is class  it’s plain to see.

we are going to make big money on him when he does eventually leave 

Ejaria? Coulibally or a few others ive seen last few seasons early on

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Completely different you can just see the guy has class hence all the clubs that were interested in him unlike the 2 you mentioned.

Not at all, in fact u could argue ejaria came to us higher rated than aribo and rossiter certainly did.  Point being i shall wait until he has played a handful of meaningful and competitive games vs the better and more physical teams in the league before proclaiming how amazing he is

31 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Not at all, in fact u could argue ejaria came to us higher rated than aribo and rossiter certainly did.  Point being i shall wait until he has played a handful of meaningful and competitive games vs the better and more physical teams in the league before proclaiming how amazing he is

No they didn’t and I don’t know where you are getting that from aribo was much higher rated by the fact all the teams that wanted him.

i never said he was amazing just saying for 300 grand he looks a absolute steal,let’s have this conversation in 3 months and you will then see I was right.

15 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

No they didn’t and I don’t know where you are getting that from aribo was much higher rated by the fact all the teams that wanted him.

i never said he was amazing just saying for 300 grand he looks a absolute steal,let’s have this conversation in 3 months and you will then see I was right.

I hope u are correct and in 3 months time and i have no argument to put forward whatsoever