Anyone else think Aribo will be our best transfer business ever?

pcbear

6 hours ago, GA1972 said:

I thought it was pretty obvious OP meant business as in he can make us a fortune rather than trying to say he’s a better player than Laudrup, Gazza etc 

I thought it was pretty obvious myself , as I said in a post a little further down.

Ever??  The guy will do fine but considering we’ve bought legends like gough,laudrup  McCoist and Goram to name just 4 shows that it won’t be anywhere near the best transfer ever.

could even state a case for prso and even boumsong if we’re comparing him to free transfers as 1 fought and played like a general for us whilst helping us win the league and the other made us 8 million profit in 6 months.

Jumping the gun a bit with Aribo, take a look at some threads from this time last year we had ppl telling us that Coulibally and Ejeria were the new Petit and Viera and should have them signed up immediately.

im not saying he’s the same but you have to be mentally strong to play for us and we won’t know that with the big man  until we see if he’s up for  a game up at Dingwall on a Wednesday winters night freezing his arse off, because the two I mentioned were definitely not despite being half decent players.

Morelos will be the best bit of business in recent history imo, fully expect to get a hefty price for the lad we bought for buttons, which will only get higher the more goals he scores for us.

Maybe to a certain generation. But how do you compare, is it titles won or profit made?

The profit we made on Boumsong is a good piece of business, but in terms of impact to team, players like Laudrup and Gascoigne to keep the impetus for 9 going, or even the getting the likes of Prso through the door could be seen as good business.

There are so many great transfers that are miles in front of Aribo, who hasn't done anything yet (yes shows potential) - but signings like Souness, Laudrup, Gascoigne, electrified the support from the start and went on to deliver trophies. Really looking forward to seeing what he is really capable of tho'. 

2 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Mark Hateley has got to be up there, before my time, that I can remember him, but my old man says for him to come to us at that time, injured or not, was a coup.

Mark Hateley. You couldn't get further if you tried for a player to be described an instant success. 

That was back in the day when I never missed a game and for virtually a whole season to a man the support wanted him benched. He was awful. 

Then the day he scored those goals against the sheep at Ibrox to win the league he became a star for us not just that day but almost every game after. 

Closest we have had since to this type of player was Prso