Gerrard and Davis : Post Match Reactions

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

Not sure I would say they were the dominant team, we had 60% possession. The problem is we did nothing with it. We must have had some number of crosses into the box that Julien mopped up.  (Terrible plan when our striker is about half his size)

I dont recall McGregor having a save to make prior to their goal?  So it was very much a level game at that time. As the game went on they had more chances and deserved to win, but they didn't dominate the game. I don't think that's accurate anyway.

60% possession for the whole game, up until they scored the first they were the one's dominating possession.  It completely flipped what Gerrard says we were set up to do  - come out and control the game from the off.  The opposite happened, they controlled it, scored then sat back and watched us huff and puff as we sent in high balls to two small strikers.  Their back two won nearly everything in the air.

Gerrard has been starting games with at least one winger, today he had the genius idea to start with 5 central midfielders.  It was like going back to Walter and 5 centre backs prowling the pitch.

This was the ideal moment to take three points and a lead in the table, before they got their two new full backs, Bauer and Taylor, up to speed and when they had Ajer out injured.  It was a home game against a team who probably haven't played the same backline twice in a row with three of them making their OF debut. I just don't know why Gerrard shat the bed with that team selection.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Missed Jones red card.

I stopped watching, I presume he didn’t break some mutants leg.

Disappointing 

:lol: I thought to myself there wasn't a red card and realised I switched it off when the 2nd goal went in. 

Missed Jones red card.

I stopped watching, I presume he didn’t break some mutants leg.

Disappointing 

Same m8. Glad I missed it, would’ve probably sent me over the edge after watching the rest of that farce.

That’s the way I saw it, their passing game in mid field was better up until they scored but I don’t remember them getting near our goal.

Our passing game was hit and miss for most of the game, we need consistency in that area.

And our strikers just can’t strike.

This. Defoe was invisible and as much as I like Alfie, he’s in danger of  turning into Boyd MK II against them. Aye, he’s rescued us on numerous occasions (last Thursday being no doubt the biggest) but a striker playing for us HAS to score against them. I realise too that service was rubbish all day so that was up against him, but his record against them (in my mind) can not be swept under the carpet.

Simply put we have got to be more lethal with the chances that fall to us - we’ve squandered far too many for far too long now. 

* Edit: I probably shouldn’t be slating Fredo for today as he got fuck all service, but the one chance we had if he’s squared the ball instead of shooting the result might have ended up differently. 

I like Gerrard, think he's a class act but this fucking naivety needs to stop.  There's certain things needed in an OF game and some not.  Energy, passion, desire and your best players playing, none of that was evidenced today. 

This is a massive wake up call for young boys coming to the club like Aribo and Ojo, like Ejaria before them. You either step up to the plate or you shite out of it and, sadly, it's been the latter for most.  We lack character in the team, despite what a last min winner at a crap Kilmarnock team would suggest.  We played so well against Midgetland in Denmark with our 'normal' team selection. That's the way we play, that's the way we set up for this game and let popcorn teeth change his formation. As a club, we shat it. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

I like Gerrard, think he's a class act but this fucking naivety needs to stop.  There's certain things needed in an OF game and some not.  Energy, passion, desire and your best players playing, none of that was evidenced today. 

This is a massive wake up call for young boys coming to the club like Aribo and Ojo, like Ejaria before them. You either step up to the plate or you shite out of it and, sadly, it's been the latter for most.  We lack character in the team, despite what a last min winner at a crap Kilmarnock team would suggest.  We played so well against Midgetland in Denmark with our 'normal' team selection. That's the way we play, that's the way we set up for this game and let popcorn teeth change his formation. As a club, we shat it. 

I concur. I like Gerrard too but he is a rookie manager who has surrounded himself bar Gary Mac with academy coaches who have no SPL or senior experience.

Maybe I'm being harsh because of another depressing defeat to them but I've watched that interview and I'm honestly beginning to think he just doesn't fucking get it. 

If that was Warburton/Caixinha/Murty standing there coming away with some of that nonsense we would want them hounded out.

"We've done extremely well to get into this position and be neck and neck before a ball is kicked" Fucking hell!

13 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Maybe I'm being harsh because of another depressing defeat to them but I've watched that interview and I'm honestly beginning to think he just doesn't fucking get it. 

If that was Warburton/Caixinha/Murty standing there coming away with some of that nonsense we would want them hounded out.

"We've done extremely well to get into this position and be neck and neck before a ball is kicked" Fucking hell!

That last line was when i clicked off , fuckin ridiculous comment to make.

Imagine Smith or Souness reading that......

Not having that from the Gaffer. I love the guy but he should’ve come out and said he got it wrong. He set the mentality among the players and by changing, made them question how they normally did things. Baffling decisions all day.

Undoubtedly though, Arfield, Ojo, Aribo, Tav and Kamara have been off it for weeks though and that just can’t happen.

Also, regarding incomings, we need Kent. No ifs, buts or I’d be surprised. It’s clear.  Loan with an ‘obligation to buy’ - I have no doubt Liverpool would accept. So get it done Rangers.