Tavernier

Essandoh

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

He should never have hit it imo,the wee man is brilliant but for me he's never a.penalty taker.hes an instinctive striker I'd you know what mean,am rubbered 

I know exactly what you mean.  He had way too much time to think.

If Tav is no longer confident in taking penalties then we need to find someone else.  I can understand his lack of confidence tbh.  Missed a couple of important one recently.

45 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

He should never have hit it imo,the wee man is brilliant but for me he's never a.penalty taker.hes an instinctive striker I'd you know what mean,am rubbered 

yes but he's our main striker and many of the RM experts said strikers must take penalties...........

which was fine till the striker missed 

Why would anyone decide Morelos in the biggest game off our season was the player to take that penalty he could still play now and not score against the filth.

It's in his head now, if Morelos had played against any other team yesterday he would have had a few but he snatched at shots he normally takes with ease he would have passed at times rather than take shots from impossible angles.

11 games and no goals against them and Gerrard or Tav decided this was the time to change up the penalty taker, mental.

3 hours ago, wully said:

If it was decided before hand Morelos was taking any, why did he make a show of handing him the ball?

I think Tav tried to do him a favour and it cost us the cup I also think Gerrard didn't want Tav thrown under the bus so took the rap for it.

8 hours ago, gogzy said:

Morelos should no longer be penalty taker.  :lol:

See the thing is If u asked me before the game yesterday who should be the penalty taker I would have said alfredo but see the way the game was going for alfredo yesterday I just knew he was going to miss that penalty. He was getting more and more frustrated at not scoring.

4 hours ago, wully said:

If it was decided before hand Morelos was taking any, why did he make a show of handing him the ball?

Morelos has been wanting to take the penalties for some time, several games he has reluctantly given the ball up to Tav.   There was no way he was going to give up taking penalty yesterday if it had already been decided beforehand he was the designated penalty taker. It was a golden opportunity to get off the mark against that lot but unfortunately he missed.

Goes against the popular narrative but maybe Tav was playing the captain’s part and offering to take it himself if the wee man didn’t fancy it.

I'm pretty sure at the penalty they'd kicked the ball away and it was over at the far touchline. Tav retrieved it and brought it to Morelos who was standing waiting on it.

Seems cut and dried that it was planned this way with Morelos nominated taker in advance.

Strewth.

We lost by a 'goal' that was offside.

We dominated them all over the park.

Look at the positives and hold your head high....they won but they will be worried about the extent to which they were outplayed and outfought.

Tacticly it was a solid performance  from us but their keeper had an absolute stormer.

47 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why would anyone decide Morelos in the biggest game off our season was the player to take that penalty he could still play now and not score against the filth.

It's in his head now, if Morelos had played against any other team yesterday he would have had a few but he snatched at shots he normally takes with ease he would have passed at times rather than take shots from impossible angles.

11 games and no goals against them and Gerrard or Tav decided this was the time to change up the penalty taker, mental.

I think there is a lot of hindsight in what you say.  Up until the Aberdeen game, Morelos was in the form of his life.  With Tav missing a few penalties recently, Morelos was the obvious choice to take over.

I take your point that maybe he wasn’t the best choice considering how yesterday’s game had gone.  However, that would have required a decision made on the field at that instant.  I think Tav offered to take it but Morelos wanted it.  

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

I think there is a lot of hindsight in what you say.  Up until the Aberdeen game, Morelos was in the form of his life.  With Tav missing a few penalties recently, Morelos was the obvious choice to take over.

I take your point that maybe he wasn’t the best choice considering how yesterday’s game had gone.  However, that would have required a decision made on the field at that instant.  I think Tav offered to take it but Morelos wanted it.  

It was an awful penalty.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

So it’s mental that Morelos took our first penalty since the last one we had (which Tav missed) even though you’ve been saying Morleos should be our penalty taker because you like strikers to take them ever since that one.

Just now, DBBTB said:

So it’s mental that Morelos took our first penalty since the last one we had (which Tav missed) even though you’ve been saying Morleos should be our penalty taker because you like strikers to take them ever since then.

In a game he was missing and snatching at chances, yes, and a big game we needed to win. And I do like strikers to take them that's no changed but you do not change it then.

I personally believe Tav fucked it giving it to Morelos as he wanted to give him a goal and Gerrard's took the heat of him.

9 hours ago, gogzy said:

I know exactly what you mean.  He had way too much time to think.

If Tav is no longer confident in taking penalties then we need to find someone else.  I can understand his lack of confidence tbh.  Missed a couple of important one recently.

No one said Tavernier wasn’t confident or willing to take it.  Gerrard said it was his call.  He made the decision to change the penalty taker yesterday.  

5 hours ago, wully said:

I think the "Morelos was penalty taker" story from SG is to protect both Tav and Alfie.  I think Tav didn't fancy it and Morelos did. 

Archived